Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Car Wash Fundraiser for a fellow car enthusiast on Socalevo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 12:11 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Car Wash Fundraiser for a fellow car enthusiast on Socalevo

(copied and pasted from socalevo)

Ok guys, thank you everyone for there condolences to the tragic event that happen for my family on June 10th.

We currently have to come up with over $4200 to pay for the moutary, casket and transfer to the cemetary. its not to much, but its a lot to make happen in a week.

I have been non stop for the last 2 days with this as I am In charge of burying my father.

Brandon, a member on here and a great family friend came up with the idea to do a car wash by my house sometime this weekend and any donations will be greatly appriciated. We will be taking care of the soap and everything else, and anyone who comes to help, if you want to bring anything...that would be awesome.

I am thinking of making it some kind of meet/event since i think a good crowd of evos will bring in some people. I know there are a lot of local 562 people around here and i know most of them so it should be a good crowd. I am going to get a sign up list going just to get a decent count of people i would expect.

I will add details as i get them so please keep in touch.

Me and my family extend our thanks in advance to this great community we have here

If anyone wants to get a hold of me, I can be reached at 562-325-4893

Old Jun 17, 2009, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi this is the fund raiser im putting together from socalevo.net
im not a real active member but very well known on socalevo

I appriciate any help if possible from anyone and this is the updated post from above.

Gilbert Flores.

Ok guys, thank you everyone for there condolences to the tragic event that happen for my family on June 10th.

We currently have to come up with over $4200 to pay for the moutary, casket and transfer to the cemetary. its not to much, but its a lot to make happen in a week.

I have been non stop for the last 2 days with this as I am In charge of burying my father.

Brandon, a member on here and a great family friend came up with the idea to do a car wash by my house sometime this weekend and any donations will be greatly appriciated. We will be taking care of the soap and everything else, and anyone who comes to help, if you want to bring anything...that would be awesome.

I am thinking of making it some kind of meet/event since i think a good crowd of evos will bring in some people. I know there are a lot of local 562 people around here and i know most of them so it should be a good crowd. I am going to get a sign up list going just to get a decent count of people i would expect.

[size=10pt]Some details about the incident since those donating would probably like to know why,

John Gilbert Flores Sr. 4/19/1965 - 6/10/2009
My father had just turned 44 yrs of age on 4/19/09. Was in the army for 4 years and a part of the 122nd special task force and 101st airborne. He was married for 16yrs to my mother Esther Madrid and then divorced about 8 yrs ago. Has been bouncing back and forth between drugs for the better part of 7yrs.
My father was in the hospital around the middle of January, he had went into a diabetic coma for about 11 days. About a month later he has checked himself into rehab with the Veterans Hospital in hopes of changing the way he has been for so long, and making a better life for himself.
On the 14th of this month, after i had got home from the South Coast mitsubishi event, i feel asleep to be awoken by my mothers crying in my room. I didnt know what was going on...this was about 1130 pm. She had a letter in her hands and i didnt know what to think...thought is was something from my brothers or something...i took the letter from her to find out it came from the La County Coroners Office stating that:

On the 10th of June, My father was declared Dead. i didnt know what to think...but knew i had to hold it together for my 10yr old little brother and 15yr old sister. I called the 24hr coroners number to find out information and confirm if this was true, and it was. My father was found dead, and all they can tell me that he had an extensive drug history, nothing else...now....i had to break the news to my siblings that there father was dead.
The next day, i went to the coroners office to pull the report on what happened...figured he has overdosed or something....but found out that he had passed on the sidewalk in front of the VA outpatient Hospital off temple st in Downtown LA....this is where he was supposed to be so it was a major shocker to us....no one expects there parents to die before they do and to find out threw the mail....and know he died on the sidewalk...well it truly is heart breaking...

Now we are making arrangements with the Veterans Hospital in riverside for Friday the 26th. and are seriously financially hard-shipped with this. no one was expecting it and thats why im here reaching out to all i can for help.
[/size]

If anyone wants to get a hold of me, I can be reached at [size=10pt]562-325-4893[/size] and My family extends our thanks to everyone.
[size=12pt]***For those who want to give donations but cant make it...it was brought to my attention to set up a paypal account or it or something so here it is.

Email / Paypal - Gilbertflores12@gmail.com
Address 9133 arlee ave, santa fe springs ca 90670.
[/size]

GilbertFlores.

[img width=800 height=600]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/C-WestEVO/100_3024.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=600]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/C-WestEVO/100_3031.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=600]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm289/C-WestEVO/100_3030-1.jpg[/img]
[img width=665 height=794]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/i2ai2e/fun-raiser.jpg[/img]
Old Jun 17, 2009, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone wants to get a hold of me, I can be reached at 562-325-4893 and My family extends our thanks to everyone.
***For those who want to give donations but cant make it...it was brought to my attention to set up a paypal account or it or something so here it is.

Email / Paypal - Gilbertflores12@gmail.com
Address 9133 arlee ave, santa fe springs ca 90670.

GilbertFlores.

Fixed the code for you. Sorry to hear about your father God Bless.
Old Jun 17, 2009, 09:13 PM
EvoM Guru

bump it up
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:37 AM
EvoM Guru

to the top