Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Markup for even PARTS? (Stevens Creek Mitsubishi)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2003, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry Markup for even PARTS? (Stevens Creek Mitsubishi)

I tried to buy some oil filters and air filter for my EVO, and Stevens Creek Mitsubishi was asking more than $8 for an oil filter and not including the crushable washer for a drain plug ($2 for that).

I said "MSRP for oil filter is about $5"
Then the part guy said "That might be the list price."

So I just ordered parts from evolutionm.net sponsor, San Rafael Mitsubish, they will ship them out tomorrow. I just purchased 4 oil filters, an air filter, and 4 washers, which will save me some money even after $5 shipping.

I was very mad to find Stevens Creek Mitsubishi is trying to rip off EVO owners even for parts.

People from Bay Area, please boycott dealers which rip off EVO owners.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 03:56 PM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This dealer is cool:
El Cerrito Mitsubishi
11858 San Pablo Ave
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Phone 510-992-2000
Fax 510-992-2020

Ask for Randy Kuwatani, Director of Parts and Service. Mention the fact that Stewart from Team SLAM referred you.

Randy's Direct Line: 510.992.2035

Whether you have a part number or not, we've got a direct link to the dealer for parts requests:

http://www.calslam.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=146

Just register and authenticate to access it, then click on the Mitsu emblem.

Hope you can join us for CAL SLAM STAGE III

Stewart
Old Jul 18, 2003, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

And stay away from Capitol Mitsubishi. My friend brought his Eclipse to get some work done and they stole his subwoofer and amp out of his car.

They claimed they did nothing and are unwilling to take any responsibility for it.

I have never in my life heard of someone working at a dealership stealing something so blatantly from one of their own customers.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 02:12 PM

WTF?

*******, you serious man?? That must suck!
Old Jul 18, 2003, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I heard some valet parking workers are stealing even coins from the car, but dealer service people are stealing parts???

That's a serious crime! We should confirm any add-on with the service manager before the service.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Re: WTF?

Originally posted by kenshin
*******, you serious man?? That must suck!
I am totally serious about this.

We've called Mitsu and they said there is nothing they can do. We called the local police and they said that we would have to take them to small claims court since he gave them the car (more or less).

Yeah, he is screwed. He is actually in the process of talking to a lawyer (he gets legal coverage through his job for free) and suing them if they do not produce the entire system as it was before they messed with his car.

When I dropped my car off for a quick once over, they took it out and drove it 50miles or so. I get my car back from them, it has tons of miles and is down to 1/4 tank of gas.

Capitol Mitsubishi is *the dealer* to stay away from.
Old Jul 18, 2003, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Keep in mind that Capitol and Stevens Creek are owned by the same company/individual.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 10:42 AM
EvoM Guru

damn, i hate capitol mitsubishi WITH A PASSION! but usually theres this one cool guy at stevens creek. but i guess by now they've got him crooked too.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 12:33 PM

FWIW, Tallahassee Mitsu (www.tallmits.com) sells the filters for 4.31, drain pan washer for 0.94. Shipping for 4 of each (with another part) to Ohio was 8.00.

Dan

Last edited by Evo D; Jul 21, 2003 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2003, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Long rant follows.

Stevens Creek is the dealer I purchased my Evo from and they replaced my transmission under warranty when it went out of whack at 1800 miles. They replaced it without giving me a hard time and I attribute this largely to the advocacy of Chris, their service foreman who is very knowledgable and respectful of our cars. That was a plus.

They returned the repaired car to me unwashed and with two weeks of lot dust on it - a reminder that I was dealing with a Mitsubishi dealer and not an Acura dealer (most recent previous car was an RSX). That was a minus.

My transmission problem presented itself as a loud whine which Mitsubishi techs called "normal" (even though they OK'ed the warranty replacement). Because it was "normal" the dealership would not pay for a loaner vehicle which would have been a big drag if I hadn't been able to borrow another daily driver. Still, that was a minus.

As far as the parts department, we had different experiences. Bob in the parts department was willing to match mitsubishiparts.com's prices on OEM accessories, again without a hassle. That's a plus of sorts (the OEM accessories are still damn expensive, even just over invoice).

While sitting on their lot for two weeks waiting for the tranny parts, my Evo passenger's side rear door got its first ding, probably from some nearby Eclipse overstock having its door opened carelessly into it. I told them and they owe me for that, still that is decidedly a minus.

One of my contingencies in buying the car was that I get the pit pass for $500. At the time they had no idea what was involved with the Pitpass and it took my salesperson over a month to get back to me about it. In retrospect I am glad because I'm skeptical it would have been a good use of money. To make up for not getting me the Pitpass info, the same salesman hooked me up with a bunch of 2Fast 2Furious marketing stuff which was mostly silly except for the DVD of the first movie which I didn't mind getting for free. Slight plus here I guess.

Overall, my experience with their sales team guys has been positive. To those of you who are balking at their sticker price, I'll say that I was able to secure my Tarmac Black Evo for about the same price it would have cost to buy it on eBay and have it shipped from some remote dealership that was selling under MSRP. To me, that was a plus.