Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Bay Area Evos sound off

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2003, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by davidw333
I just got my EVo last weekend. I've only seen a couple of EVO's here in San Jose. I saw a silver one on Brokaw Road near 880 and another silver one a couple of weeks ago on my way home near White Road. Then today, I saw a yellow one on McCarthy in Milpitas. I'm being specific just in case those guys are members here and it'd be cool if we actually saw each other on the road and are members of the same board.

Oh, and to the silver EVO on Tully turning onto White a few weeks back, I'm the guy in the Yellow E46 M3 that gave you a

BTW, I now own a white EVO .
Congrats on your new purchase! I may have seen you last night driving south on 680 between the Berryessa and Alum Rock exits. I was driving an Isuzu Trooper on the right lane next to you. It seemed like you were playing around with your car a bit since you'd speed up (I could hear the turbo spool) and slow down a few times. Nice car by the way...

Anyway, I may possibly be the one you've seen on Brokaw Road since I live right off of Hostetter and Lundy and take that route to 880 pretty often.

From all these posts, it seems that that there are quite a few EVOs running around in San Jose now. We should all meet up sometime!
Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:17 AM

Originally posted by ink124

Congrats on your new purchase! I may have seen you last night driving south on 680 between the Berryessa and Alum Rock exits. I was driving an Isuzu Trooper on the right lane next to you. It seemed like you were playing around with your car a bit since you'd speed up (I could hear the turbo spool) and slow down a few times. Nice car by the way...

Anyway, I may possibly be the one you've seen on Brokaw Road since I live right off of Hostetter and Lundy and take that route to 880 pretty often.

From all these posts, it seems that that there are quite a few EVOs running around in San Jose now. We should all meet up sometime!
Yeah, if you have a silver EVO, it was probably you I saw that morning. Did you notice a yellow M3 behind you?

Anyways, I remember seeing you in the Isuzu Trooper last night too. I was sppeding up and slowing down to break in the car. I usually spped up to 85 then let off the gas back down to 60 and then up again. It's probably annoys the **** out of people though.

Yeah, we should all get together sometime on a weekend. I send you an email sometime.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 04:40 PM
In Timeout

If your representing in CAL SLAM STAGE III (Aug. 2 from Sky Londa), then you need to sign up here.
Old Jul 10, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Re: STAGE III Day Two

Originally posted by L E N A R C

Dude, I spoke with your shop guys today.

I'm looking at August 3, the day after CAL SLAM STAGE III.

There'll be hella Evo VIIIs and WRXs in town from around the Bay and across the state.

Are You Ready?
That sounds good to me! You guys bring the EVOs and we'll bring the BBQ and warm up the dyno!

Cheers,
shiv
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:13 PM
In Timeout

Thumbs up It's Official! STAGE III LEVEL II Dyno Day @ Vishnu

CAL SLAM STAGE III LEVEL II Dyno Day @ Vishnu

Announced on http://teamslam.com !

Last edited by L E N A R C; Jul 11, 2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 09:38 AM

I have the wieghtless white in Hayward. Never saw one on the road except the guy who let me test drive his with HKS coilovers...and I had to make an appt. :-)
Old Jul 14, 2003, 08:04 PM
Evolving Member

I'm from napa but currently live in GA. I am coming home for 2 weeks, any plans of meeting up anywhere? I won't have my evo
but would like to chillax with any evo owners. I have the only one
where I live and this city is about the size of stockton, so in other words no one to talk to in person about it.
Old Jul 14, 2003, 11:53 PM

I just got mine on Sunday. It's silver!!! I think I saw ink124 around capital and Hostetter. I lived in that area also.

GundamZ
Old Jul 15, 2003, 09:24 AM
In Timeout

Event: CAL SLAM STAGE III CHARITY DRIVE
In memory of our friend, Mike Basile aka Joka 1985-2003
Purpose: to a local elementary school.
Date: August 2, 2003 Time: 12:00 PM Represent: Sign Up Here
Directions: Mapquest Weather Conditions: Wunderground
Lodging: Special Rate @ Quality Suites SFO & more info...
Regulations: Regional Parks, San Mateo County Sheriff & CHP info....
Team SLAM Hotline: (650) 307-2713 Route Details: Complete Circuit
CAL SLAM STAGE III Level II: Dyno Day & BBQ @ Vishnu Aug.3
Old Jul 24, 2003, 12:28 PM

I live in SF and in FL. I will be bringing my silver EVO back to SF in the next month. BTW, I paid $1500 under sticker for in in a small town in SW florida (Punta Gorda). They had very little traffic on it--alot of old people and trailer trash down here. Lucky me!
Old Jul 25, 2003, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here comes a LY Evo 8 from San Mateo.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 09:59 AM

i'm about to get an EVO. if i don't have it my calslam or what ever that is. we should plan for a meet near Mcarthy ranch Milpitas or south SAanJose near eastridge in n out. weds, WRX's meet there.
Old Jul 26, 2003, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Why I need a cell phone with a camera

So I was at Valley Fair mall tonight with the wife. As we are leaving, I see a silver Evo parked next to a silver STI. I was tempted to just sit and wait for the drivers to come out so I could talk. It's not everyday I see an Evo driver in San Jose. In fact, so far it seems like I am the only one.

Anyhow, if I would have had my digital camera with me, I would have taken a photo to commemorate the first time I saw another Evo in SJ.

So what I am basically saying is that we need to have an Evo meet sometime soon.
Old Jul 27, 2003, 08:38 AM

I think we have enough to setup a meet. Let's plan this thing out and have some fun!!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2003, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Since no one has volunteered to put up a time and place, I might as well do so.

Here is what I propose (feel free to donate your 2 cents).

Place:
TGI Fridays in Vallco Shopping Mall, Cupertino right off of 280.

Date & Time:
Saturday, August 9th, 1.00pm

I figure we can hang out for a while (maybe an hour or two) and then take a "spirited drive" somewhere to be decided.

If you guys have any kind of suggestions on where you would like to drive, please suggest away.

Quick Reply: Bay Area Evos sound off