Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

SOCAL EVO VIII roll call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2003, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok, ok...I'm just a little impatient is all hehe. I know how much fun I'm going to have, and I just want as many people as possible to come with so that they can have as much fun as me!! Yeah, unfortunatley as it stands, it does'nt look like too many people are down for THIS event, but I feel confident that soon, we'll be able to have a crazy turnout like the ITR track days I used to go to.
Old Jul 11, 2003, 03:16 PM
In Timeout

BTW, CAL SLAM STAGE III Part II (Aug. 3) is gonna be a Dyno Day @ Vishnu. Working out the details right now. Hope to see more SoCal Evos represent.

Stewart
http://teamslam.com
Old Jul 12, 2003, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

As much as I want to go I wont have an evo for a few more weeks and itll take at least a few more weeks after that to break it in enough to go to the track. Hopefully we can get a good deal and do this often. I have never had the privilage of driving on a track and cant wait to learn the corse. How far is Willow from South Orange County??
Old Jul 12, 2003, 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Willow Springs is about an hour north of L.A. up the I-5. From south OC prolly double that. I was figuring that with a lot of people still buying EVO's or those of us who have them, being fairly new, I wasn't going to get a whole helluva lot of people interested in a track day this early. Especially since most of us have our money tied up in mods right now!!!!! I plan to go to the track once a month when I get the car set up the way I want it (hopefully anyway ) Anyway, sorry I won't be able to make the next meet then Has anyone given any thought as to what y'all are going to do? I don't suppose that moving the meet to the 2nd Sunday of August would be an option to accomodate those who plan on going to the track? Just a thought. hehe
Old Jul 12, 2003, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

I was looking at a thread about an EVO club in Texas that just did a dyno day, and THAT my friends sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe not for the next meet, but deffinately an idea for the future. What do you guys think? I wonder how much it would cost? Anyway, just adding to the idea fertilizer.
Old Jul 12, 2003, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

I'm all for a dyno day Rich
Old Jul 12, 2003, 10:22 PM

Originally posted by ricardon
I was looking at a thread about an EVO club in Texas that just did a dyno day, and THAT my friends sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe not for the next meet, but deffinately an idea for the future. What do you guys think? I wonder how much it would cost? Anyway, just adding to the idea fertilizer.
I looked into So Cal Dyno's a while back but because of being really busy never went very far with it. See thread :

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...l+Evo+Dyno+Day

From what I remember I found 3 AWD dynos in So Cal : GT motorsports in Rancho Cucamonga, XS Engineering in Huntington Beach, and Brain something ?? in Gardena. GT never returned my calls so didn't get any prices, and XS Engineering were cheaper than Brain ??, and you also got 3 dyno pulls at XS instead of 2 at Brain ??
None of them would give a discount for a group dyno session, and XS Engineering said you'd need to give a few weeks notice if it was a group session ( so they could open up a day for it ). Cost I think is around 100 bucks.

I'm up for doing a dyno run, and I think the more Evo's we can get together the better to see if anybody has a sick Evo, and what kind of spread we get on the numbers.
Chris and Ricardon are up for the Dyno day, and from the old thread Coolguy and Evolife04 were interested. So that's a possible 5 Evo's. Anyone else ??

If interested reply on the SoCal Evo Dyno Day thread.

Last edited by Gormless; Jul 12, 2003 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jul 13, 2003, 12:30 AM
Evolving Member

I know that brainstorm has an awd dyno. They are located in L.A. on the corner of Venice/La Cienega. I think their site is www.turboperformance.net of course I haven't checked with them about rates or scheduling. I'm sooo down. I wanna see what my baseline is before I add any power adders.
Old Jul 16, 2003, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

So are we meeting second sunday of August and this sat. in HB???
Old Jul 16, 2003, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

This saturday is for the SCLC (socal lancer club) which meets every third saturday of every month, and "Our" meets, socalevo, happen every first Sunday of every month. But yeah, good question...are we meeting the first sunday of August or can we move it to the second sunday because a couple of us are racing that day. (actually it might only be me, 'cause I'm not sure if Jeff is going to run on sunday, just saturday, and I still haven't gotten confirmation of some others here...you know who you are!!! hehe)
Old Jul 17, 2003, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Well either way works fine with me. Anybody have any problems with mving the meet to the second sunday of next month ???
Old Jul 17, 2003, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

that's no problem. Does it cost money to get in? I was thinking maybe we can have the meet at the track and watch Rich race. Otherwise, moving it to the scond Sunday is fine with me.
Old Jul 17, 2003, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Going to the track would be fun . When would we need to leave and come back by?
Old Jul 17, 2003, 04:07 PM
NRG
Evolving Member

Hey guys, I have a BRAND NEW Forge Chrome Re-circulating BOV for sell. I will let it go at 169.99. That means you save the shipping cost. This BOV has never been open or used. Still in the box.

PM me if you're interested.......
Old Jul 17, 2003, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Holding the meet at the track would be pretty sweet. I'm pretty sure spectating is free... If we do that, then I'll switch from running on Saturday to Sunday, or hell, just do both days! Either way, I can't wait for that weekend...

-Jeff

Quick Reply: SOCAL EVO VIII roll call