Notices
West Region Includes AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT.

Drove home in a sleek Silver Evo today

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2003, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Drove home in a sleek Silver Evo today

Originally posted by iodine23

You think so? I sat in one last night at the dealer and the clutch felt so light to me. Then again I've been driving on a really stiff ACT clutch for about the last year, so I'm completely used to that. I guess my perception is just skewed.
Try driving a C4 for 2 years then a Z06 for 1. I agree, I think the clutch in the Evo is very light.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 09:54 AM

I am sorry but I actually used to really like the way the scoobies looked but they keep getting uglier and uglier, sad to say but I like the WRX's lights better... Even the new front end on the EVO took a while to sink in but the STi is just plain UGLY!!!
Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Re: Drove home in a sleek Silver Evo today

Originally posted by iodine23

You think so? I sat in one last night at the dealer and the clutch felt so light to me. Then again I've been driving on a really stiff ACT clutch for about the last year, so I'm completely used to that. I guess my perception is just skewed.
DOh, just read what I said. I meant to say that if you've ever driven with an aftermarket clutch or a sports car it would feel fine and seem normal to you. If you haven't it might suck for you. Sorry for the typo error.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 06:45 PM

Evillution, did you get revved on yet? Did anyone get into an accident rubber necking at your awesome machine?

With your advice I called the dealership where you got yours. 2500 over was the best he could do. What did you settle at? 500 over?
Old Mar 11, 2003, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

I paid $2500 over. I think that's the best you'll get around here right now. Surprisingly no I haven't been revved on yet but I haven't driven around the usual ricer spots. In my Prowler I got revved on the first night I was driving home. I just ignore them and they will speed off. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to drive it in the daytime. I spent my lunch hour today going to National City to pick up my Jetta I left there. But tomorrow I plan on getting some good mileage down. If I can break it in before the weekend I might be able to hit the track for some 1/4 mile times.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

So far i've found two MSRP dealers in CA. There's on in Salinas and there's Browning in cerritos.

Are you even in the orange county area?? I'd love to see your evo one day! I might be heading to san diego county next week too!
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

I'm in the San Diego/North County area. I don't head up to LA or Orange County too often except to go to Disneyland. I'm the only Evo in SD as far as I can tell. I know there's others but I've yet to see one on the road. Makes you feel kinda special.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

I test drove mine today, and finished the paperwork for an MSRP price of $30,889.00 (delivered with sunroof).

Its funny, I live in the midwest and, although I am a rabid car nut, the "market adjustment" factor on imports is not typically as big a deal here as it is in other parts of the country.Considering the outlandish markups I have read about, this will be a good investment for those that can get them at MSRP now. Interestingly the worst mark-up craze I remember around St.Louis, was with the PT Cruiser...go figure?

Originally posted by Coolguy949
So far i've found two MSRP dealers in CA. There's on in Salinas and there's Browning in cerritos.

Are you even in the orange county area?? I'd love to see your evo one day! I might be heading to san diego county next week too!
Old Mar 11, 2003, 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

Oh gawd I remember when the PT hit California. $10K markups all over the place and it's a $17K car. That's much worse than the Evo markups dollar for dollar.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

one mitsu dealer told me of another local dealer purported to be selling theirs at $60k. must take with a grain of salt, seeing as it is a dealer telling me this, though.

supposedly santa monica. can you verify this, atlvalet?

100% markup. HAHAHAHA....

-K
Old Mar 12, 2003, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

come on dude pop up some pix of your new evo
Old Mar 12, 2003, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

11) Oh yea, I guess the dealer didn't enable the auto lock/unlock cuz it doesn't do it. Time for a turbo timer.
I think thats the same with mine...I wonder why some people didn't get this feature and some did..Anyway, I'm happy with the way it is right now