Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

Aquamist's new HFS-3 for 2010, replacing the HFS-1

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aquamist's new HFS-3 for 2010, replacing the HFS-1

Aquamist’s “No-compromise” approach to the new HFS2/3:

Tracks fuel flow faithfully across the entire driving cycle...

-Power enhancement is consistent from cruise to full throttle at all RPM.
The IDC System is particularly suitable for "Daily Driving" applications.

Allows consistent AFR at all loads...
The secret to smooth power delivery is "consistent" AFR’s at all loads, not just at peak power and
torque. This import aspect is only offered by an IDC tracking system. A boost based system is only
accurate at a given gear or RPM band - a 2D system cannot work well in a 3-D environment.

System responds in a few thousandth of a second...
A PWM-valve System can respond before an engine completes one cycle!
The HFS-2/3 is a constant pressure system - flow is metered by a fast acting valve and
not by varying the speed of the heavy rotating mass of a pump motor.

Fast Acting Valve enables instant start and shut-off upon full/partial lifting of accelerator...
Similar to the OE fuel injector, it can meter fuel delivery during an intake stroke thanks to the
fast responsiveness of the low-inertia properties of the solenoid valve. Instant start and
stop eliminates after-spray dribble completely. The HFS-2/3 uses the same technology.

System performance is reliable and repeatable...
A modern W/M delivery system is not about all-on and all-off performance, but more about its ability
to vary flow within a few thousandth of a second. Even at constant road speed, your throttle
is being modulated all the time. These are the little moments where a PWM-V system excels.

No cost penalty over the PPS system...
Not any more! Aquamist has managed to bring the price of this technology down to a level that everyone
can afford. A street price from $499 (HFS-2) gives an entry into this proven technology.

Plug and Play makes system installation a breeze...
Installation time and wiring is time consuming especially if you are not electrically minded.
The HFS-2/3, with its true "plug and play" construction, have all harnesses pre-wired with colour-coded plugs.
Butt connectors and interconnection splicing are a thing of the past.

Component quality is guaranteed to perform...
Aquamist manufactures 90% of the components in house with strict quality control. When you purchase
an aquamist product, you will enjoy full technical support and uncompromised quality.

Last edited by Richard L; Apr 16, 2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Last edited by Richard L; Apr 16, 2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:09 AM
Former Sponsor

Last edited by Richard L; Jan 1, 2010 at 03:56 PM.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^^ I have anxiously waiting for this day

These kits I imagine will be like the HFS-6 and not ready till summer 2010.
Richard has so much work he has been doing and have yet to do!

Patience to all.

Evan Smith
Old Dec 29, 2009, 09:14 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome! Just to clarify, this is a single-stage kit, right? On/off, based on IDC or manifold pressure?
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by scheides
Awesome! Just to clarify, this is a single-stage kit, right? On/off, based on IDC or manifold pressure?
This is a full progressive PWM kit. Here is Richard's quote form another forum:

"The HFS-3 is very similar to the discontinued HFS-5, it mirrors the fuel flow at 1:1 ratio. You can change the ratio by sizing the water jet. However, it does have a gain trimmers to allow some form of rescaling to compensate for large fuel injectors that do not run up to 100%.

It does not have the full set of adjustments offered by the HFS-6.

The aim of this system is to update the HFS-1 to become a P&P progressive system at minimise cost to the end user. Utilising the PWM-valve setup to gain large dynamic flow range
."

Last edited by Jeff H; Dec 29, 2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Fix cut and paste
Old Dec 30, 2009, 03:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by esevo
^^^ I have anxiously waiting for this day

These kits I imagine will be like the HFS-6 and not ready till summer 2010.
Richard has so much work he has been doing and have yet to do!

Patience to all.

Evan Smith

Evan,

Happy New Year!

The HFS-3 is ready for shipping in Jan/Feb, starting with GB as before. I will post up GB details in January.

It is our aim to make all of systems "plug and play", avoid the installation cost over-whelming the system cost.

Each and every component is terminated with a plug, making connections in seconds rather minutes. Replacing suspect component is a breezy.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 03:21 AM
Former Sponsor

No, it is a progressive system.

We have acquired/learnt knowledge over the last two years on how to make a fast actiing valve in house. With this knowledge, the cost of an inline valve has reduced considerably compared to buy from a third party.

The HFS-3 component list is now satiisfactory and complete, ready to be incorpoated into a final product, at a cost comparable to a PPS system. We are now entering into a new market place, just hope people will appreciate the wide dynamic performance of a PWM-valve system.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 06:43 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Richard L
No, it is a progressive system.

We have acquired/learnt knowledge over the last two years on how to make a fast actiing valve in house. With this knowledge, the cost of an inline valve has reduced considerably compared to buy from a third party.

The HFS-3 component list is now satiisfactory and complete, ready to be incorpoated into a final product, at a cost comparable to a PPS system. We are now entering into a new market place, just hope people will appreciate the wide dynamic performance of a PWM-valve system.
Holy crap that is insane! So would you mind educating us as to what the exact differences are between the -3 and the -6 kits? Both are progressive, both seem to have dynamic flow ranges, so the waters get a bit muddy.

Does the -3 have the ability to shape overall flow? i.e. using oversized jets and then scale back peak flow to say 60% of what those jets are fully capable of. (this is a feature of the -6 IIRC).

Also, can the trigger be a combination of both IDC and boost pressure, or must it be one or the other?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Location: South Beach, FL / Miami, FL / Pt. St. Lucie, FL / NYC
Holy crap that is insane! So would you mind educating us as to what the exact differences are between the -3 and the -6 kits? Both are progressive, both seem to have dynamic flow ranges, so the waters get a bit muddy.

Does the -3 have the ability to shape overall flow? i.e. using oversized jets and then scale back peak flow to say 60% of what those jets are fully capable of. (this is a feature of the -6 IIRC).

Also, can the trigger be a combination of both IDC and boost pressure, or must it be one or the other?
All the stuff he said scheides is a smart guy . I'm more concerned with the major difference between both kits cause I'm trying to figure which kit is more suited for me and the power I'm making
Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:25 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by DBallz
All the stuff he said scheides is a smart guy . I'm more concerned with the major difference between both kits cause I'm trying to figure which kit is more suited for me and the power I'm making
Hehe thanks It's not really about the power you're making, its about how you intend to use it. There's 600+whp cars running old-school SMC kits just fine, but real world, on the road, drag strip, open track, etc there advantages to the different kits. If we can clearly define them, we'll be in good shape
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:34 PM
Former Sponsor

The HFS-3's adjustability is limited compared to the HFS-6.

It cannot (compared to the HFS-6):
- offset against the initial F-IDC - the F-IDC threshold % = starting point of meth flow %
- It doesn't have manifold pressure compensation
- alter the failsafe reset period = pegged at 3 seconds
- read "Direct Injection" pulses such as the 335i or Audi FSI pulses
- control a MAC valve directly as with the HFS-6

It can:
- put gain on the incoming F-IDC for purpose of having large fuel injectors running low DC. Previously, the HFS-5 has to be double pulsed.
- You can run the system based on boost or IDC only. In single stage or progressive mode.
- You can program it to be single point (HFS-1) or PWM-V mode (HFS-5).

The HFS-6 has futher electronic signal processing to match the FAV's opening and closing period. That is all I can think of so far.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:25 PM
EvoM Moderator

Fantastic! the -3 sounds like an amazing setup! Can you explain how it supports boost trigger with progressive mode? Does the boost trigger have two trigger points, for min and max flow, like an SMC kit?

Furthermore, when triggering via IDC, does it work the same way? Low/high trigger point?
Old Dec 30, 2009, 01:55 PM
Former Sponsor

You are always one step ahead of before update. Slow down!

OK, IDC or MPS after trigger, we just set the gain trimmer until the 95% IDC led (red led) lights up. At this point you know you have reached the full flow of the system.

I doubt if anyone would want to use boost pressure as reference for meth injection as you have IDC. Still, it can be done on the HFS-3. For the same reason, any 0-5V signal can do the same thing.

I will be posting the next update on the functions of the contoller. I have left enough space on top.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Richard L
Evan,

Happy New Year!

The HFS-3 is ready for shipping in Jan/Feb, starting with GB as before. I will post up GB details in January.

It is our aim to make all of systems "plug and play", avoid the installation cost over-whelming the system cost.

Each and every component is terminated with a plug, making connections in seconds rather minutes. Replacing suspect component is a breezy.
Happy new year and happy holidays to you!

Wow it must be because the HFS-6 was a good foundation for the new platforms that allowed such quick development time.

The HFS-3 seems to be for those who want to set a system up them selfs and not worry about over adjusting. I.E EMS on a stock turbo evo... kinda over kill.

The HFS-6 can also be fully implemented for other control aspects. Such as EGT, boost, IPW, even water oil temps if you want. lol Think of the HFS-3 as a HSF-5 but plug and play at the cost of the HFS-1. + extras

Great Job Richard and ERL!

Evan Smith

Quick Reply: Aquamist's new HFS-3 for 2010, replacing the HFS-1