Notices
Water / Methanol Injection / Nitrous Oxide

The new VCS3G Alcohol Injection Controller by Labonte MotorSports

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2007, 09:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new VCS3G Alcohol Injection Controller by Labonte MotorSports

Labonte MotorSports is proud to announce the release of our next generation Alcohol Injection control system, the VCS3G. The VCS3G is not just another progressive controller; it is a fueling computer for alcohol injection. The advanced control algorithm uses Injector Duty Cycle (IDC) and Boost pressure to calculate precise injection control based on the vehicles BSFC (Brake Specific Fuel Consumption). This results in the most accurate control of alcohol injection leading to maximum horse power gains.

Though the in-cab touch screen display the user can use the Gain adjustment to dial in Air Fuel (A/F) ratios quickly when tuning for Alcohol Injection. Real time data for IDC, Boost and Injection is also shown on the dash mountable display.

Additional Features include:
• Advance system diagnostics and error reporting
• Auxiliary 12V 3amp output for Nos or solenoid activation
• Input for fluid level switch.
• Input for optional Injection Fail Safe (IFS-10) that allows real time display of fluid injection rate and warnings if IFS detects an injection fault
• Flash upgradeable software by RS-232 connection
• Peak and Hold display of maximum IDC, Boost, and Injection
• Easy upgrade from any LMS VC series injection controller

System Include:
• Touch Screen Dash Display Module
• Engine bay mountable Control Unit
• 3 foot Control Unit Harness
• RS-232 Re-flash cable
• Posi-Tap connector to quickly and securely get IDC without any wire cutting
• Color User Manual

For more information check out www.labontemotorsports.com

Engineering to keep you “On Track”
Attached Thumbnails The new VCS3G Alcohol Injection Controller by Labonte MotorSports-vcs3g_sm.jpg  
Old Nov 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
Former Sponsor

No after market perforce product claims are valid unless they are supported by dyno test data. So here you go…

The test vehicle was Mitsubishi EVO8 MR running stock turbo, and a VC-25 controlled alcohol injection system. The nozzle installed was a 625ml/min which is way to big for this vehicle.

Run 2 on the dyno chart shows the initial performance with the VC-25 controller and 625 nozzle. The vehicle made 365hp and was very rich from over injection.

Run 8 shows the performance of the VCS3G with out of the box settings to match the VC-25 controller. The VCS3G knows the 625 nozzle is too big for the vehicle and adjusts injection rate to get a nice flat A/F across the pull. Horse power increases to 378 due to more accurate injection control.

Run 10, we adjust the Gain on the VCS3G a little to lean out A/F from alcohol injection. Horse power is now 380 and A/F is still nice and flat, only from a simple adjustment.

End result is a 15hp increase and flat A/F ratio across the pull. Not a monstrous gain in hp, but shows that delivering the right quantity at the right time leads to maximum performance from an alcohol injection system.
Attached Thumbnails The new VCS3G Alcohol Injection Controller by Labonte MotorSports-vcs3gvsvc-25-2.jpg  
Old Nov 9, 2007, 09:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This works great for those that add meth injection without additional reflash tuning. For others, reflashing the ecu after the addition of a VC-25 based system will regain maximum results.

Great new product.
Old Nov 9, 2007, 10:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Thanks TTP,

Yes the VC-25 is a very good injection controller and has always been our most popular. The example above is to show how the VCS3G acts as a alky fueling computer and adjusted for oversize nozzle. Using the correct nozzle for the vehicle with the VC-25, the A/F in run 2 would have been better. I should have a dyno run with the VC-25 and 375 nozzle and will post.

Best regards,

Dan
Old Nov 9, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, I really like that gain feature. That should make small trim adjustments very easy.

I have one question, when you say -

"Run 8 shows the performance of the VCS3G with out of the box settings to match the VC-25 controller. The VCS3G knows the 625 nozzle is too big for the vehicle and adjusts injection rate to get a nice flat A/F across the pull. Horse power increases to 378 due to more accurate injection control."

How does it know? Is the controller monitoring AFR? Did you input the size of the nozzle?
Old Nov 9, 2007, 03:58 PM
Former Sponsor

The VCS3G does not have an input for WB02. On the Setup screen you enter the size of the nozzles installed and estimated HP. The initial Gain setting you enter is then based off of the vehicles max IDC which establishes the initial calibration. After that Gain can be used to fine tune the A/F. Very easy and very accurate.

It is a true 2D controller that uses real time IDC and Boost data for calculating injection. It has its own internal MAP sensor and a single wire connection into any fuel injector though the supplied twist on connector. So you don't need to cut into your fuel injector wire. The slick little connector twist on to tap the signal and no tool required.

Best regards,

Dan
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you use it without the IFS 10? I have the old Snow Stg2 w/ failsafe.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 09:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cpoevo
Can you use it without the IFS 10? I have the old Snow Stg2 w/ failsafe.

Yes you can use the VCS3G without the IFS-10. The IFS-10 in addition to being and enhanced fail safe, lets you see injection flow in real time.

The VCS3G has two wires, Red and Green, that can be connected to your old failsafe. With the old failsafe the VCS3G will still beep and show the SI icon duing a fault.

Best Regards,

Dan
Old Nov 14, 2007, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Just ordered mine. Cant wait to see how it works.
Old Nov 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
Former Sponsor

cpoevo:

Let me know if you have any questions with install or setup.

Best regards,

Dan
Old Nov 19, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Should get it tommorrow and hopefully installed Fri. Will try and get a tune on it Sat, but my clutch is on its last leg.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Got the new controller last night. I will not be installing it and doing any tuning til after christmas though. I am going to order the new failsafe and some new nozzles. My clutch is slipping bad and the car is just sitting in the garage til i can install the new clutch. I will update as soon as I get it installed and tuned though. The instructions look a little complicated at first, but I read them a second and third time and now it makes perfect sense and seems real simple to tune.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Have you R/R a clutch before? Anyhow, a clutch install is a perfect time to install new parts because there's so much room to work. You can practically fit inside the engine bay next to the engine making wiring a breeze .
Old Nov 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

My wife just orded the IFS-10 for me for Christmas. I have to wait til Christmas to open it though. I will getthe clutch installed and broke in before Xmas and install the IFS-10 and Controller after Xmas and tune it.

I am gonna tune using 91oct pump and H2O, and then 50/50, and then straight meth. I want to see what the power differences are.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

looks like the pump is similar to SMC....correct me if im wrong

Quick Reply: The new VCS3G Alcohol Injection Controller by Labonte MotorSports