Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Boost 22.3 is that too high

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2004, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost 22.3 is that too high

Hi Shiv, put the XEDE on today, looks like it hits 22.3 now, is that too much boost?

Thanks,
Old May 31, 2004, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

What does it taper off to...17-18psi?
Old May 31, 2004, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

What gauge are you using?...it is prob a gauge accuracy issue...not all gauges are created equal...
Old May 31, 2004, 05:12 PM

the gauge is the greedy profec b II, using it only as a gauge now, shows the peak boost hitting 22.3, not sure about the taper. Back using the stock wastegate solenoid, and removed the pill from the line. Have not had much of a chance to run the car, but so far
don't feel like it was $900 worth. Does not feel much stronger than before. I'll know more after a trip to work and back in it, 90miles round trip.
Old May 31, 2004, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know about your profec bII, but mine requires some massaging to get it to work right. If I just start up my car and go, the unit goes crazy... no boost hold, cuts out at strange places, etc. If when I start the car up, I switch the unit from hi to low to hi to low to hi a few times and it works perfectly. It's like it needs to be manually reset each time. If I don't do that, the boost is really weird and cuts out early, but when I check the "last boost" it's around 22 or so. When it's working properly, you can look down at the unit as you accelerate and the number stays steady (or slightly drops) and the acceleration is very clear and strong.
Old May 31, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

I dont think 22.3 pounds is too high. I think since it tapers off then its safe. My car's peak boost is about 22.6 and tapers off. I have a stage 1 from Vishnu.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mjones53
the gauge is the greedy profec b II, using it only as a gauge now, shows the peak boost hitting 22.3, not sure about the taper. Back using the stock wastegate solenoid, and removed the pill from the line. Have not had much of a chance to run the car, but so far
don't feel like it was $900 worth. Does not feel much stronger than before. I'll know more after a trip to work and back in it, 90miles round trip.
What color is the status light on the Xede?...did you confirm there is a map loaded in it?.......it is prob not working if you can't notice a difference.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mjones53
Hi Shiv, put the XEDE on today, looks like it hits 22.3 now, is that too much boost?

Thanks,

Hi-- I'll need more info. What octane do you run on? What are your mods? What baseline map are you running? Are you catless? And what is your real last name so i can check my records to see if there was a map pre-loaded in there for you.

Cheers
shiv
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:05 AM

Hi Shiv, my name is Morris Jones, ordered it from you last Monday, got it Friday. Stage+0, 93 octane is what is taped to the back of it. I do run only 93 octane.

Mods.. Full B&B Turbo Back Exhaust, , with high flow racing cat., K&N dtop in filter.
Install and everything seems okay, must be working some to be boosting that high,
just expected more I quess, and a little concerned over the high boost. Have double checked everything I can find. I can hook the laptop up and log some data if you like.
just let me know.

Thanks for the help,
Old Jun 1, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Hi Morris-- Try uploaded the Stg 1 93oct map from the website. I know you don't have cam gears but it is worth trying. I've seen that map work well in Stg 0+ cars as well. As for boost pressure, 21-22psi of peak boost is fine. That is, that boost pressure is only reached for a moment and then it falls off to ~20psi and then tapers off to ~18psi by redline. If you want to, you can reduce peak boost pressures by simply lowering the appropriate numbers in your boost table.

Shiv
Old Jun 1, 2004, 02:51 PM

Hi Shiv, looking at the Stage 0 +93 map can you tell me what values I need to enter to reduce the boost down to about 20-21, instead of the 22.6 it is hitting. Also, if I download the map off the xede to view it it is still there right until overwritten or deleted

Thanks,
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

It will still be there..... just go to "Maps" and then "download maps from Xede" you will then be able to view what is installed without deleting what is installed....
Old Jun 1, 2004, 03:57 PM

Shiv, maybe I should just get the xflash, all of this is over my head, I am sure not going to be messing around with the settings. Can I send the xede back and just do a flash?

Thanks,
Old Jun 1, 2004, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Sure, but I think you'll be happier with the XEDE. If you want, I can make another map for you and all you have to do is upload it yourself with XMAP. It's really quite easy. Virtually no chance of making a mistake and messing anything up

Shiv
Old Jun 1, 2004, 04:10 PM

Hi Shiv, thank, if you want to make me a map and give me instructions on how to upload it, I'll be glad to try it before giving up on the xede. my email is morris.jones@charter.net

Thanks,