Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Competition Clutch Twin Disc for the Evo X Review

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition Clutch Twin Disc for the Evo X Review

I have had the prototype Twin Disc for the X on my vehicle now for about 3k miles. The Clutch is a beast, for the amount of torque it can handle and having ceramic discs it drives very well. The clutch does have some chatter if you don't get it right, but when you do its very smooth. No high RPM lockouts and no shifting trouble. Im putting down about 350whp on my X and the clutch isn't even breaking a sweat. Along with the twin disc, Competition Clutch also reinforced my master cylinder. The pedal feel is great and the master cylinder is also holding up well. If anyone has anymore questions please feel free to ask.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:25 PM
Account Disabled

What torque is rated to?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 07:02 AM

I need more information on this. Would younrecommend it over an exedy twin?
Old Mar 1, 2012, 09:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the Comp twin on my IX. Had the Exedy twin hd before this clutch. Competition blows it out of the water sir. I had the old version Comp twin and it lasted about 25k miles of steady abuse and daily driven miles. Had mine rebuilt and upgraded this past September and I love it even more now. And for the price you can't beat it. The Exedy twin is garbage IMO.
Old Mar 2, 2012, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
I have the Comp twin on my IX. Had the Exedy twin hd before this clutch. Competition blows it out of the water sir. I had the old version Comp twin and it lasted about 25k miles of steady abuse and daily driven miles. Had mine rebuilt and upgraded this past September and I love it even more now. And for the price you can't beat it. The Exedy twin is garbage IMO.
Thanks a lot

I have heard that he comp twins are not great for a dd car like the exedy as they have unsprung discs.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by WW_evo
What torque is rated to?
600-700 ft/lbs

Originally Posted by m7mad.a
I need more information on this. Would younrecommend it over an exedy twin?
I havent driven an exedy twin in an evo, but we have one in our time attack G35 and i would say that the comp feels stronger.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by GrkBallaG
I have had the prototype Twin Disc for the X on my vehicle now for about 3k miles. The Clutch is a beast, for the amount of torque it can handle and having ceramic discs it drives very well. The clutch does have some chatter if you don't get it right, but when you do its very smooth. No high RPM lockouts and no shifting trouble. Im putting down about 350whp on my X and the clutch isn't even breaking a sweat. Along with the twin disc, Competition Clutch also reinforced my master cylinder. The pedal feel is great and the master cylinder is also holding up well. If anyone has anymore questions please feel free to ask.
what exactly did they do with the master cylinder?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 04:38 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by GrkBallaG
I havent driven an exedy twin in an evo, but we have one in our time attack G35 and i would say that the comp feels stronger.
so I might sound like an a$$ for this, but how exactly does a clutch "feel" stronger from a driving stand point?
Old Jan 4, 2013, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
update on this? also master cyl braced? pics?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 09:02 PM

Bump! Getting this clutch put in my 2013 evo next week..wondering if I should do anything to my master cylinder or clutch lines while im at it...only putting down 341 lb/tq at the moment but trying to future proof it
Old Jan 29, 2016, 05:16 AM

Anyone have any further review updates? Debating this and the quartermaster.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
Man thank you for this write up I been curious like crazy about going with the comp twin as I am running the exedy twin and it doesn't hold up to the task like u think it would so now I'm really wanting to switch to a comp twin.