Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Brembo LCF 600 racing brake fluid. Street and track review.

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brembo LCF 600 racing brake fluid. Street and track review.

Out of curiousity I wanted to try this brake fluid. I couldnt find many reviews on here so I thought I would try it out, post about it, AND its a decent price at 17.95 for 500 ml.
The last fluid that was in my evo was Motul RBF600. Its a very popular fluid but I honestly didnt like it.
So I ordered up some Brembo Racing LCF600 and proceeded to flush my brakes with it. When I first flushed with Motul I would have a firm pedal and it was all good. I took the car out after the Brembo fluid was in it and it was awesome. Pedal feel was Solid, brake input was rediculous. Maybe the advertised 'Low compressibility' formula has something to do with that,idk.
So far driving it around town its been the best fluid I have used in the evo. Thats just my street driving review, the real test will be the TWO up and coming track events. Each event will get a fresh bleed but I will be able to see how it holds up and post a review of it. I will keep you updated, but so far this seems like a really awesome fluid that some of you guys may want to try.
Old May 29, 2011, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

So I came back from the track event. I actually ended up breaking down having some mechanical damage.
That happened towards the end of the day though so I got enough seat time to test out the life of this fluid out on the track. I put over 100 miles of track time that day and fluid never once gave me any issues. The pedal stayed firm and even while I was averaging braking at speeds of 100 mph, pedal modulation was great. This was not how it would feel when I had the same pads with the motul fluid. Either the 600 or 660 would get compressible when it would get hot. The Brembo LCF held up even to the point where my calipers have now turned brownish and a couple times when I pulled in there was some smoke coming out of the front brakes,haha. Honestly for the price I cant see a better fluid. For something that works this great I see no reason to use something like SRF at this point in time for me.
One thing I havent done was test the water content of it after all that track time to see how easily it absorbs water. After a track event the motul was at 2%, this was using a digital brake fluid tester we have from work, btw.
Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
TommiM,

Any updates on the Brembo LCf600 ? Did it have great pedal feel after 3-4 months? Did you have to bleed after/during any sessions later on ?

Im thinking of putting this in my DD 8 MR and wanted to get a feel for how long it may last and if it showed signs of picking up moisture in long term use.

Thanks very much

Milburn
Old Mar 19, 2012, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
TommiM,

Any updates on the Brembo LCf600 ? Did it have great pedal feel after 3-4 months? Did you have to bleed after/during any sessions later on ?

Im thinking of putting this in my DD 8 MR and wanted to get a feel for how long it may last and if it showed signs of picking up moisture in long term use.

Thanks very much

Milburn
i never had to bleed during or after a trackday with this stuff. unfortunately shortly after this event my headgasket lifted and now the evo is parked on jack stands.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Can you pm me where you got the LCF600, please ?

I definitely want to try this, prolly get 3 bottles.

Thanks, TommiM

Milburn
Old Jul 1, 2012, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
Can you pm me where you got the LCF600, please ?

I definitely want to try this, prolly get 3 bottles.

Thanks, TommiM

Milburn

Any updates from using this stuff? We are also using the Brembo brake fluid in an mr2 turbo that we have been autoxing this season. So far pedal feel has been awesome. A rear caliper needed to get replaced so it did need to get re-bled with fresh fluid, but that is the only bleeding we have done.

This car has so far been through about 4 autox with being a 2 driver car, and one track event with no brake issues or complaints.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TommiM
Any updates from using this stuff? We are also using the Brembo brake fluid in an mr2 turbo that we have been autoxing this season. So far pedal feel has been awesome. A rear caliper needed to get replaced so it did need to get re-bled with fresh fluid, but that is the only bleeding we have done.

This car has so far been through about 4 autox with being a 2 driver car, and one track event with no brake issues or complaints.
Bringing this back from the dead as I forgot to give a final report.

This fluid was swapped in in April 2012. All brakes and also the clutch cylinders as the feed comes from the brake reservoir.

As TommiM stated the pedal feel is firmer, noticeable right away. Repeated stops stay firmer IMHO. I do not have access to a water content analyser, but TommiM does so he might test the water content.

Long term...18+ months now and still feels the same. If anything else I feel the release modulation point better with this fluid. That is subjective , i know, but Im sticking to it. This is in comparison to ATE blue, Motul 5.1 and one other I dont remember Castrol IIRC ?

Im am in the process of stockpiling parts now as the dust boots are shot on the Brembos and they are brown red now along with the decals completely gone and clear coat gone as well. I will be removing them, sealing off the lines and then stripping the paint along with removing the dust seals, pistons and piston seals.I will not be splitting the calipers. After the paint is done, i will re-install the new seals and boots.

One of the threads on here recommends using #18 tire valves to seal the lines. I plan on doing that.

I am having GiroDisc send me the seals and Ti shims and EagleDay send me the stencils for the Brembo calipers. I will be using white VHT 2000 paint for the Brembo logos and Bright red VHT 2000 paint for the colour. I will not be clear coating as according to EagleDay all of the clear coats including the VHT paints yellow and dull over time. Apparently fairly quickly...:-(

Considering the car is 8 years old and the brakes lasted this far, I will be happy if the painting lasts 3-4 years before re-doing. It still will look better and the calipers will be essentially renewed.

The rest of the brake system will be EBC blues and new rotors all around in April after tax time.

Milburn
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for that update. Glad to hear you had similar results. Unfortunately shortly after this is when I had my engine failure so I couldn't carry on with more track testing. car is up and running though, just needs to get tuned, then I can get to work on testing more things again. My seals are in horrible shape, and my calipers are brownish/purple now, but paint is just cosmetic so I might just replace the seals and inspect the pistons and bores and call it a day. When I'm fast enough I might just end up upgrading to larger calipers anyways.
Old Feb 9, 2014, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very helpful