Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Dave at MAP

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Dave at MAP

I placed an order through MAP yesterday for DFL coated ACL Race main and rod bearings. Dave called me this morning and informed me that they were completely out of stock on the ACL race bearings (found out a lot of shops were). He gave me a couple options including some comparable ACL bearings. I told him I would call him back later and let him know. Did a lot of shopping around and found a shop and bought their last set of ACL race bearings. Called Dave up again and asked for a refund and he didn't hesitate to oblige. Once I asked for a refund, he was supportive 100% of the way and didn't try to push any other products on to me. That was a few hours ago and I just got all the paperwork for my refund through e-mail and I just gotta wait for Bank of America to clear the payment.

I lucked out because there's a local shop that does DFL coating but, to MAP's credit, they had the best price I could find. Going this route ended up costing me $30 more than MAP but these bearings are the last thing my engine builder needs and he's waiting on them so I couldn't sit around and wait for ACL to send MAP a new shipment.

Although I technically didn't buy anything from them, it was an absolute pleasure dealing with them and I am definitely looking forward to working with them again in the future.

Thanks again Dave!