Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Very Disappointed with Dog Box Racing in Central NJ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Disappointed with Dog Box Racing in Central NJ

Hey guys, a while ago i posted a thread talking about how my engine blew. I just recently had a new completely new engine with 1200 miles put in my car. Its a built 2.4. I had Dog Box Racing in Howell Nj do the work. While i had my car in the shop i also decided to buy a 5 speed transmission off them which they claimed only had 1000 miles on it as well. Well when they were doing my trans and switching my exedy twin into the 5 speed they told me that my floater plate was messed up and missing 2 springs or something of that nature. So i had them order me a new one and install everything. After about 2 months i finally got my car back. iv had it for almost a month now and i just started to e flash tune it with tamer @ 4ws. Apparently out of no where my clutch is slipping now? i just bought this exedy twin about a year ago and i have been driving stick for over 3 years so please dont think im a noob burning out my clutch.

So i called dog box 4 days ago to tell this problem. Whomever i spoke to said that it could be a leak where the transmission meets the transfer case causing oil to drip on the clutch making it slip. He said that if the problem was from the tranny or the way they installed the clutch that they would take care of it. Ok thats acceptable i know the engine i bought is in perfect condition and was built by turbo trix and bought off a close freind.

I Still have not received a call back i have called them at least 10 times. iv left 3 voice mails and my MOM has even called and left a voice mail.

Why are they ducking my phone calls? are they afraid of something, how do i even no they put my exedy twin disc in the new 5 speed i bought and didn't just leave they ****ty stock clutch?

Is there any other reason besides my clutch that the power would be jumping RPMS around 3500? it also feels like my clutch is engaging differently now.

im so paranoid i just want to get my car tuned and on the road boosting again...

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks

Ricky

Last edited by rickay726; Mar 26, 2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Let me try to understand this you had a exedy twin in a 6 speed before and then switch the same clutch over to a 5 speed tranny?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

yes
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if they are ducking your calls, drive up there and let them check it out...no need to jump to conclusions until you've had it diagnosed, it may be something simple like the pedal adjustment.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

jumping rpm? does it happen after let go the gas and the rpm jumps? if thats the case that could be throttle hang.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
if they are ducking your calls, drive up there and let them check it out...no need to jump to conclusions until you've had it diagnosed, it may be something simple like the pedal adjustment.

i drove up there already and no one was at the shop!... twice!
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
jumping rpm? does it happen after let go the gas and the rpm jumps? if thats the case that could be throttle hang.
and no it happens when im accelerating. ill be on the gas at 2500 rpms it will start to boost then around 33-3500 it just jumps way up to like 55-6000 rpms =(
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
u can use a 6-speed exedy twin on a 5-speed?
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
That's what I'm wondering cause I know they sell different applications for both. I think this might be your problem should call exedy and find out.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Skylineracer
yes
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Pull the inspection plug on the bottom of the trans. If it's a purple unit inside there, it's an Exedy.

Does the clutch make a little noise when the pedal is pressed in? If so, it's probably a twin disc.

Don't always think a shop is ducking you. When we're running the dyno we can't always hear the phone, and sometimes you're just too busy with a project to stop and deal with other things. We have 4 race cars going to VIR tonight and we've put all other work aside for the entire week to get them ready. So sometimes it's just a priority thing.

Give them a chance, which it seems like you've been doing, and see if they can resolve the issue.

Not saying you are, but too often people blame shops and assume the worse.

Just my $.02

Cory
Old Mar 26, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Dog Box Racing has a great reputation over here. Alex is a stand up dude. I know they have not been there at the shop full time as of late so that may be one reasons for the slow response.

But I have done business with them a few times and know a few of their loyal customers and they always treated me well.

They are not that typical **** off we dont care about our customer shop.

Just keep calling they'll pick up.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

its jumping up to 5k so fast because that 2.4 is just nasty
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Could be that the used clutch you put back in cant handle the extra torque of the 2.4. Maybe its time to get a clutch...
Old Mar 26, 2010, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So you bought a used clutch. And put it in a used trans and then bolted that to a used motor and then waited a month to tune it. Now your used clutch is slipping? Sounds to me like your just jumping tHe gun. And for dog Box to correct the issue if its there fault is the right thing to do. Drive to the shop if your close.

Quick Reply: Very Disappointed with Dog Box Racing in Central NJ