Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

OnlineTires.com review

Old Dec 30, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW I've ordered from them early in the year with pretty good service, and was about to order again before doing a quick google of "online tires" and find a quite a few links to forum topics regarding their horrible service over the past several months. Looks like I'll go back to my Tirerack and Discount Tire vendors.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 04:34 PM

Avoid onlinetires.com in all circumstances.

Do not ever do business with this company. In all the years I’ve been buying items through the Internet I have never seen a company this shady, dishonest, and fraudulent. I am making it my quest to completely discourage as many people as possible from ordering anything from www.onlinetires.com.

I ordered 4 tires, never got tracking information, and called several times trying to speak to someone. Every time I called the phone would either ring continuously or I would get a voicemail box. The only response I got from numerous phone calls, voice messages, and emails was an email consisting of one giant incoherent run-on sentence that I think was written by a 5 year old telling me that my order could be in one of 3 statuses. ONE FRUSTRATING MONTH LATER I was finally refunded my money; no thanks to onlinetires. Fortunately there are credit card protection programs that protect consumers against companies like this.

If you don’t want to take my word for it then do yourself a favor and google “onlinetires.com (review, complaint)”. You can read to your heart’s content about hundreds of people just like me who have had bad experiences with the company.

I’ll even save you the trouble of searching:

Better Business Bureau (http://www.la.bbb.org/PublicComplain...anyID=13170750)

Trust Link (http://www.trustlink.org/BusinessPro...x?ID=205834434)

Rip Off Report (http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/ONLINETIRES_com.aspx)
Old Jul 20, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WeekNDRacer
Do not ever do business with this company. In all the years I’ve been buying items through the Internet I have never seen a company this shady, dishonest, and fraudulent. I am making it my quest to completely discourage as many people as possible from ordering anything from www.onlinetires.com.

I ordered 4 tires, never got tracking information, and called several times trying to speak to someone. Every time I called the phone would either ring continuously or I would get a voicemail box. The only response I got from numerous phone calls, voice messages, and emails was an email consisting of one giant incoherent run-on sentence that I think was written by a 5 year old telling me that my order could be in one of 3 statuses. ONE FRUSTRATING MONTH LATER I was finally refunded my money; no thanks to onlinetires. Fortunately there are credit card protection programs that protect consumers against companies like this.

If you don’t want to take my word for it then do yourself a favor and google “onlinetires.com (review, complaint)”. You can read to your heart’s content about hundreds of people just like me who have had bad experiences with the company.

I’ll even save you the trouble of searching:

Better Business Bureau (http://www.la.bbb.org/PublicComplain...anyID=13170750)

Trust Link (http://www.trustlink.org/BusinessPro...x?ID=205834434)

Rip Off Report (http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/ONLINETIRES_com.aspx)
Strong first post. You work for tirerack?
Old Jul 22, 2010, 11:58 PM

Hmm, I have had nothing but good service from onlinetires.com. I have order 6-8 sets of tires from them and have always had the tires within 4 business days. They usually have recent manufacture dates and the prices are awesomely low.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
reviving with an update for onlinetires review. i live in texas, so not far from cali.

its been a week and they havent even shipped it... took 3 days to process the order and initiate fedex for pickup. seems like its going to be a 2 week ordeal like previous posters said. sad cuz i went off of the most recent post by "krisiun" post above mine (#19) saying only 4 days but that is 100% wrong. their customer service is pretty good, they answer right away. but just wished their processing and shipping was up to par.

Sooo, if u need tires right away, buy from tire rack. Although onlinetires sells for SUPER cheap... its going to be a long wait. 3 days to process, 4 days to tell fedex to pick up and it hasn't left their facility. luckily im not in a hurry.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I used them once, but don't plan to ever again. TireRack, although not the cheapest, has great customer service, great quality inspection upon arrival to the warehouse, and fast shipping.

From what I've heard from a friend of mine in the tire industry, TireRack rejects more tire shipments than anyone else due to small defects they detect.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

discounttire is a great seller also and they price match