Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Big Thanks To Dog Box Racing, Speedcorps.com 4wheelslide Tuning! For Amazing Service!

Old Mar 30, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big Thanks To Dog Box Racing, Speedcorps.com 4wheelslide Tuning! For Amazing Service!

I would like to post my experiences with the following for Service (DogBoxRacing & SpeedCorps), Parts (SpeedCorps) and Tuning (4 Wheel Slide Tuning - Tamer).

I have a 06 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR and I have the following mods done: HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust, UR Test Pipe, Helix Version 2 downpipe, Megan O2 housing, PPI ported manifold, Hks Mivec Cams, ARP Headstuds, Turbo XS Fmic, Nisei LICP, Turbotrix UICP, Aem Intake, Apexi filter, Act SD clutch, SS clutch line, Lancershop short shifter, Kartboy bushings, AGP front motor mount, Agency Power cam gear motor mount, Aem Uego Wideband, Aem Tru boost gauge.

I am very pleased with the parts that were recommended to me by John over at SpeedCorps (Freehold NJ), who is a very good friend of mine after dealing with him with parts and minor installs. The guy is honest and will only recommend whatever I requested for building my car up for daily driven power. Whatever parts I did not know how to install or know how they would benefit the car, the guy would go out of his way and install it in his driveway and not even charge much for it and explain everything while he was working. The guy is very knowledgeable about cars coming from my past experiences with turbo installs, rebuilds advise, standard maintenance as with fluids, spark plugs, brake pad installs, and boost controller installs. After dealing with him I would not even look elsewhere.

As for installs, being that John over at (SpeedCorps) works around his 2 businesses and is quite busy at times and can only do so much without a lift, recommended me to go see Alex over at Dog Box Racing in Howell for my Act clutch install, clutch line, Hks Mivec cams, and ARP headstud install. I would search no further for installs because Alex is very patient person and will stop what he's doing to answer your phone call and tell you what he would recommend and give you honest prices for installs. The guy is out there to help and would not recommend anything if it was not needed. I look to only deal with him for installs and maybe later on if he finds a bigger shop, I'm sure I would go to him for tuning since he is also local which very convienient.

However, as for now, I've been dealing with 4 Wheel Slide Tuning (Tamer) and could not be any happier with his patience and honest advise as well. His custom E-flash street tune is absolutely amazing. With all my parts and final tune, I pulled 370Whp & 358 Torque on a dynojet and could not be any happier. The car runs so smooth and will be getting tuned again soon for my next setup with the FP Green and 780 injectors, hoping to hit 400whp as my daily driven car. As for now, these 3 companies have taken care of my servicing parts and tuning and do not plan to deal with anyone else because I could not be any more happier with my car's final outcome overall and their great customer service!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

nice write-up, Alex is awesome to deal with!
Old Apr 2, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

Nice review! I'll have to look into dealing with them for future upgrades and installs
Old Apr 2, 2008, 06:56 PM
Former Sponsor

thank you very much...we will be running some specials on parts and labor in the up comming weeks ..for race season..
Old Apr 2, 2008, 08:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anytime Brian!

Now lets see some 11's on pump =-)

Cheers!
Old Apr 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Dogbox gets a from me as well. They are very easy to deal with
Old May 17, 2008, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
WOW thats great, I am in Central NJ too, What settings do you have your Tru-boost set too? I have the same gauge but it is finicky.

Hit me up man I would love to see your car.
Old May 12, 2010, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

hey Brian, we go to the same shop and same tuner!