Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

New Girodisc 2-PC Rotors Installed!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2005, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, i'm in need of rotors ASAP and was looking to get the stop tech but given i track the car i was thinking of going with the Girodisc front rotors for now.

Does anyone have just the front and not the entire package. My rear rotors are fine and am looking for feedback from people who have tracked these rotors a few times and have driven on the street. I was hoping to find out how long these rotors last and what the improvement has been for these folks over the stock rotors during track days.

Also are the titanium shields necessary?
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KK
The Girodisc rotors also use directional vanes instead of pillar vanes like the stock setup. This allows air to pass through and cool the Girodisc rotor better, which is important if you plan to track your car. The fronts saved about 6.5lbs and the rear saved about 7lbs or so for a total of 13.5lbs.
I just wanted to get some clarification. Are these weight savings per side? Or total front and total rear weight savings?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 12:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KK
Overall, I recommend this setup for someone who plans to track their Evo
Originally Posted by KK
I'd like to get the car to a track event to test these out ASAP, but I have to get it to pass smog before hand

How can you recommend these for the track if you haven’t actually had them to the track yourself? Has anyone with an EVO put these rotors through extensive track testing? Maybe someone has a good write up of their track day events?
Old Aug 6, 2005, 07:43 PM

I have used the Girodisc setup (I bought the front and rears with the titanium heat shields for both). I have been to two autocrosses on this setup so far. The brakes worked awesome. Once they get a little heat in them they really work well. I also have russell stainless brake lines and I used the Motul fluid that came with this kit. The only possible negative I can think of is these pads throw a lot of dust in comparison to stock. To me the dust isn't a big deal. In comparison to my stock setup which was damn near dangerous towards the end because the rotors were warped soooo bad it is a huge upgrade for autocrossing. I have only had the setup on for a month so I can't really give any feedback on how long the pads/rotors will last yet. With these rotors and the heat shields though I haven't had any signs of fading. I am going to Road America later this summer so I will give more feedback then. Road America is famous for chewing up brakes. As for the weight issues I compared weights of every corner (Keep in mind though I only used a bathroom scale) and each corner weighed in at 3.5 pounds less than stock. This would be a 14 pound total savings for the front and rear.
Old Aug 6, 2005, 08:13 PM

How do those Russell brake lines compare to other brands?
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Can we do a GROUP BUY on these !
Old Aug 9, 2005, 09:14 AM

sorry, not trying to Hijack,

HoLeeRay Email me. vikktorthekleaner@yahoo.com

Sorry i don't have enough posts to be able to post in his thread
Old Sep 1, 2005, 07:57 PM

Turboexempt: The russell lines were a perfect fit and seem to work really well. The brakes feel a little less spongy and I thought for $89 shipped they were a bargain.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 09:01 AM

looks nice
Old Oct 1, 2005, 04:22 PM

How are the girodisc rotors holding up?
Old Oct 8, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by masterbetter
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=160307
Old Oct 12, 2005, 11:49 AM
spt
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by masterbetter
Rotors are holding up very nicely. We haven't had any problems as of yet. Once I get back on my feet again, I will be taking the project evo to a track event.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:18 PM

im just curious. I installed the ferodo brake pads and they are by far the loudest brake pads i have ever heard. I double checked that everything was installed right put backing plates on it and the backing foam. but these brake pads are LOUD. just curious if anyone else has this problem.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:21 PM

which pads fit these rotors? I've heard stock sized pads won't fit.

Thanks.
Old Dec 4, 2005, 11:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
what kind of loud are you talking about? is the the howl kind of loud when you brake, or do they chatter and squeel when you barely touch them?if it's the braking howl especially after they get hot, that's unavoidable.

Quick Reply: New Girodisc 2-PC Rotors Installed!