Notices
Vendor Classifieds This section is for vendors to sell parts which are not specific to one model.

HID Conversion Kit Special $60.00 Shipped for evolutionm.net members

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2009, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just received mine.. 3k for fogs.. should i install them now.. hahaha brb
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

installed, less than 30 min, the hardest part was finding an area to place the balasts. They dont look super yellow like i wanted them, but neither did the PIAA that I had. 60 bux for Piaa's which lasted me 3 years, then 1 blows out. I guess i got my moneys worth. Lets hope these last just as long or longer...

i took pics, but forgot to take pics of where I placed my ballasts, but i will tell you this, I need a 10mm and a 12mm socket. Thanks Michelle for getting these out quick.. Now to order some 6k ds2 and some 6k h4's

I will posts pics tomorrow, im going to try to take pics of my ballasts mounted 2night

Last edited by Sr20kidD; Aug 1, 2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

outside

**** pit

ballasts mounted

Old Aug 1, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sr20kidD
installed, less than 30 min, the hardest part was finding an area to place the balasts. They dont look super yellow like i wanted them, but neither did the PIAA that I had. 60 bux for Piaa's which lasted me 3 years, then 1 blows out. I guess i got my moneys worth. Lets hope these last just as long or longer...

i took pics, but forgot to take pics of where I placed my ballasts, but i will tell you this, I need a 10mm and a 12mm socket. Thanks Michelle for getting these out quick.. Now to order some 6k ds2 and some 6k h4's

I will posts pics tomorrow, im going to try to take pics of my ballasts mounted 2night
Any tips on install? I think I'm going to do the install tommorow, but I was looking over the directions that came w/ the kit and they didnt seem to help much. I bought the 9006 low beam headlights, and I was just looking in the engine bay and there doesn't seem to be much space to work. Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

pics.....dont laugh at my busted front bumper

and one road view....

mine are really yellow....compared to the other pics on the black evo 9. they do change to a whiter hue if you change angle of view as all hids look differant depending on angle. i still have the factory 4300k hids for my regular low beams. you can see how far they shine out on the last pic, and as of yet i had know one flash their lights at me to indicate to much sunlight out of the front of my car...good kit!!! BUY IT!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by krisdlm
Any tips on install? I think I'm going to do the install tommorow, but I was looking over the directions that came w/ the kit and they didnt seem to help much. I bought the 9006 low beam headlights, and I was just looking in the engine bay and there doesn't seem to be much space to work. Any pointers would be helpful, thanks.
remove the overfill bottle and on the left you should see a yellow sticker, same with the acd fluid bottle, and thats where i placed mine

thats weird, mine arent as yellow, maybe michelle can send me another set?? to swap
Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Take a picture of yours and send to info@hidextra.com let me see if yours are defective, but I'm sure it's the same and a lot of other things affect the color, the material of your housing cover (plastic or glass) and thickness and wear.

let me know.Thanks~

Michelle

remove the overfill bottle and on the left you should see a yellow sticker, same with the acd fluid bottle, and thats where i placed mine

thats weird, mine arent as yellow, maybe michelle can send me another set?? to swap
Old Aug 4, 2009, 01:27 PM
Former Sponsor

I see the pics now... I think the camera that take the picture and the lights and angles have a lot to do with the picture you see. the only way to see difference if you were both right next to each other

Michelle

Old Aug 5, 2009, 07:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Here's a good example of a HID on Halogen housing comparison side by side. Our lights won't scatter and the beam pattern is similar to the halogen. For your info only, results may slightly vary depending on vehicle height. THanks!

Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

actually was checking on them and no mater the angle, they are still not as gold as the other poster... i have pics and will post them.. damn it, photobucket down for maintenance, ok i got pics and as you can see they are not as goldish as the other memebers..

thanks for your help

Last edited by Sr20kidD; Aug 6, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old Aug 6, 2009, 04:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Hi Sr20kidD,

I showed your picture to my boss and he determined we might have shipped the wrong bulbs to you, the 3000K should have a coating around the bulb, please process the RMA and we'll get it exchanged for you. Sorry again, Thanks!

Michelle
Old Aug 7, 2009, 05:09 PM
Former Sponsor

All orders placed before 3pm PST yesterday have been shipped and you should have already received a tracking #, if you didn't, please call 860-821-8212, your order might be delayed due to

(1.) needing confirmation because you input different billing and shipping information
(2.) your order did not go through

Thank you!
Michelle
Old Aug 9, 2009, 06:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Here is an example of a 5000K

Here is an example of a 8000K

Here is an example of a 10000K

Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

We have just signed another contract to sponsoe evolutionm.net for another quarter

Special is still HOT! Thank you for all your support and business!

Michelle
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:21 PM
Former Sponsor

All orders placed before 3pm PST today have been shipped. Thank you!

Michelle

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kit Special $60.00 Shipped for evolutionm.net members