Notices

Buschur Racing Quick release harness bar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing Quick release harness bar

These are officially ready and being shipped at this time!

I always liked the looks and idea behind the harness bars but never like the idea of my rear seat passengers bashing their faces into it when they road back there. I figured it was time to do something about that.

What we have built is a Quick Release Harness Bar. The bars are made so once they are installed they can be very quickly and easily removed with the use of no tools. This allows you to install it for your track days, autocross events and drag events but also allows you to quickly remove it when you need to take your kids with you in the back seat.

The bars are built completely from chrome moly tubing. They are mandrel bent and beautifully TIG welded. I have not seen another harness bar of near this quality and I've looked. Comparing our bar to the other big name in harness bars these come in 11.2 pounds to their 13.2 pounds. The 11.2 pounds includes powder coating, shoulder belt tabs and all fasteners/bolts AND eye bolts for shoulder harnesses. If you choose to use a wrap around shoulder harness the bar is 3 pounds lighter coming in at 10.2 pounds.

The bars with all options included, powder coating, quick release pins, shoulder belt tabs and all needed hardware to install it will sell for $475.

These are options that can be added or subtracted from the bar:

1. Powder coating, available in wrinkle black, gloss black, white, red and silver.

2. DELETE powder coating, -$40.

3. Delete quick release pins for a more permanent installation, -$35

4. Delete bolt in shoulder harness tabs for use with wrap around style shoulder belts.

5. Schroth Racing harnesses add $289 per side.

Here are some other things to note. We have made the kit so the factory seat belts remain in the car and fully functional with the optional Schroth belt kit. The Schroth belt kit we've put together offers quick release ends on the shoulder harnesses and can be quickly disconnected and taken out with the harness bar. Using a wrap around harness will slow the removal process down. The lap belt remains and can be used or simply laid down next to the seat.

Now, I know everyone has a big sales pitch and for those of you that know me, know I am not that kind of guy. Well here is mine. I've autocrossed and road raced quite a bit at this point, all in cars equipped with just a CG Lock (which was a good improvement). I have no ran two autocross event with this harness bar and the Schoth harnesses in the car and I will say that it is an ABSOLUTELY HUGE-MASSIVE-SPECTACULAR improvement being held in the seat. The added car control you have by NOT holding yourself in the seat by the steering wheel/shifter or dead pedal is simply insane. Typically after a day on a road course or autocrossing both my knees on the outside are bruised and sore from holding myself upright against the door and center console and my left *** muscle is in pain from holding my left leg so tight against the dead pedal. The harnesses have eliminated all of that and now frees up your feet/legs to do what they need to do, left foot brake, brake boost and heal and toe down shift. I am telling you, the change is so drastic I still haven't taught myself to take advantage of all the benefits of being held in the seat where I was suppose to be all this time. Then there is the chance that a tech inspector at the dragstrip sees the harnesses and bar behind the seat and gives you the nod of approval

Last edited by David Buschur; Jun 7, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Your ESP is working strong today Mr. Buschur...I think I just posted in your other thread like 30 mins ago...haha...
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That's neat I like it.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't wait to order one. Need to get my engine in first

-Bink
Old Jun 7, 2011, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

I think the day David posted this I called the shop. My wife was just *****ing at me about the Sparco Harness bar and my kids the night before so this is right on time.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

We have the instock now. Gloss white and krinkle black ready to ship.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ETA on Evo X bars?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:34 AM
Former Sponsor

The bars are now on the site and ready for order. All options are listed below the pictures. I will have a shot of the harnesses installed up shortly.

https://secure.buschurracing.com/cat...c790d8c1e1b474
Old Jun 8, 2011, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good
Old Jun 8, 2011, 08:43 AM

I like this. I'll eventually get one once I'm done with my re tune.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

No ETA on EVO X bars. I'll build them if I have people order them first, not pay first, just put in an order. I'll need an EVOX to use for a few days, if someone wants to volunteer their car for a week I may be able to cough one up at half price.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

I would definately want one for my evo x in krinkle black where do i sign up. Wish u were in fl i would lend u my ride to fab one up
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

We shipped the first orders out and now have shipped out a few additional. I have wrinkle black and gloss white in stock for anyone wanting one and needing to stay in their seat!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My bday is July 25th, I have a strong feeling this will be a bday present to myself, haha.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the update, Dave! I put my order in last week too.
Any update on the fender braces?

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Quick release harness bar