Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

A Strong Message to Turbo XS. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A Strong Message to Turbo XS. Please help.

We need some straight answers, Are you out of the Evo game? Are you willing to give us what you have so far! There are a lot of pissed off owners here who currently are lucky to get $250 for the unit that they spent a grand on. We deserve an update or at least open source the code so that we can start messing with it.

Please cut and paste this to message and whatever else you want to add to it. and send it to the boys in MD.

info@turboxs.com

Last edited by EvoTech; Apr 28, 2007 at 09:53 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2007, 05:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
+1 to get this figured out, i just called em monday with issues but they played the "customer is wrong" deal and blew me off. :/
Old Apr 27, 2007, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

News to me. What are they doing? Going out of business?Or just dissin us Evo folks?
Old Apr 28, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
News to me. What are they doing? Going out of business?Or just dissin us Evo folks?
Just the same old stuff. Almost three years without the update that they have been promising forever. I was just hoping to get some people to start sending some emails to them so that they get the message that they need to throw us a bone. I have given up hope for the update, but if they open source the code to us we could at least work on it ourselves. If they do open up the code we should get a pool of $$$$ together to get malibujack to devote some serious effort towards a speed density conversion and some of the other promised updates. Please email info@turboxs.com and voice your discontent.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 09:58 AM
Account Disabled

dam that sucks that that update still isnt available hopefully it should come out soon...
Old Apr 28, 2007, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

It wont, TXS gave up on evo's. They kept teasing everyone saying that there is an update comming but it never happend. BTW, I still ahve a Utec for sale if anyone is interested! I will let it go cheap!
Old Apr 29, 2007, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sick of emailing them, I bet they don't even read them. I have seen them posting on other car fourms. I even tried posting on them and I just get blown off by them. We need some powerful Vendors to put them on the spot about an update.
Old May 4, 2007, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

That open source idea is great... maybe we could just hack it. get linux on there and the possibilities are endless. I don't have an evo any more and this is the last piece i have to sell from it and i can't get rid of it for less than half of what I bought it for. what a disappointment.
Old May 19, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, still no update? Jesus! been almost 2 years since i sold mine.
Old May 20, 2007, 06:42 PM

im going to sell mine
Old May 24, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aarons05evo1
im going to sell mine
might as weel use it as a paper weight
Old May 30, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

OK

First, you are right to be pissed off - They advertised there superior world wide customer support somewhere, which is one of the many reasons I switched from an XEDE. They HAVE NOT delivered and should be pressured by the Vendors and us. But that's like trying to herd house cats around.

BUT (and that's one BIG BUT!)

(Second) ...The UTEC STILL does what it was first designed to do, and it does it pretty well. It was WAY over priced considering TXS abandoned their customers. But those of you picking them up for under $500 (and some way under 500) are getting great EMS's.

Third...

They do at least owe us the the ability to develope it privately as many have already pointed out.

Apparently they are not afraid of however many dissatified Evo owners there are out there.

I make it a point to mention "Our" disappointment with the company's pathetic customer support to Every Import owner that I encounter, at every race, show, and entusiast event that I attend, ... who ask me how I like the UTEC and Tuner Pro with all the xtra's that I have.

Pathetic: informal use : a pathetic excuse feeble, woeful, sorry, poor, pitiful, lamentable, deplorable, contemptible, inadequate, paltry, insufficient, insubstantial, unsatisfactory.

Kind of says it all, doesn't it?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ I agree with every word you say.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, what a disappointment. I'm going over to the AEM EMS now. Couldn't wait any longer for an update. Getting tuned on the 12th!
Old Jun 5, 2007, 05:55 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
This is really what frustrates me. My UTEC really does what I need it to do, anything over that I can do through ECU tuning or adjustments to my blowthrough MAF's electronics.

The problem isn't that I'm not satisfied with the product, but the utter lack of support and interest from turboXS for this car.

I also can't and won't recommend the UTEC to people. Most of the really revolutionary features (Open Loop Fueling) that allowed us to overcome limitations in the ECU are no longer of much value as you can now reflash the ECU.

On my car, I use it for the multiple maps, and the absolute control over timing that I can have in areas that need it. However I no longer use open loop fueling, as my fueling is roughed in using the ECU, and use the MAF offset mode to make fine tuning adjustments. Additionally with the ECU's stationary rev limiter, using the MAF offset mode allows this feature to continue to work, you can then set the UTEC's NLTS feature as it was intended, for flat shifting, while using the ECU for launch control.

I'm still not a fan of the AEM EMS or any standalone that removes the stock ECU, as for most people, passing an OBD-II inspection is necessary. And my car still passes an inspection without having to play games, even at its level of modification.

Even if they did release source code for the unit, I don't know that I'd even bother to work on improving the UTEC, simply because there is no manufacturer support, and if it became an open-source project, I'd be concerned that they would no longer even warranty the units.

Quick Reply: A Strong Message to Turbo XS. Please help.