Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

SCCA Autocross, Myrtle Beach,SC - Jan. 11th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha, yeah I thought i did a thorough scan of the area before the light changed, saw the corvette, but def. didn't see that cop, and i'm glad he didn't see me either hahaha.

hey andre, sorry i didn't get back with you yesterday, i had like 5 text messages come though and i didn't even hear/feel the phone, it might have been while we were driving around like retards so i didn't catch 'em.

Kiley, nooo, it sucked man, we didn't even get to drive anything... right when we got there the place closed! we were pissed... i hate that place now.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

That's too bad, Dre. How many drops of oil are we talking about and was it from the front or back of the engine? Mine has leaked all down the back of the block since new (even before the ARP studs). It never drips on the ground, burns oil, or mixes with anything, but it's definitely all over the back of the block.

Lawrence:
So..that place is black listed like Black Beard's Cove? What is it about go-cart and putt-putt parks? They all suck. Even Frankie's fun park was shady sometimes. I guess it's... par for the course (pun).
Old Jan 12, 2009, 07:08 PM

hahaha, yeah man... the MB place is ok when its open, but i never got to run the road course the few times i was over there because i either didn't have my license yet or they were re-paving it and doing all kinds of other construction. The other karts they have aren't much to write home about cuz they're kinda slow but having a few people going would def. liven it up. The road course will def. make or break that place next time we go though, if its good, it can stay as a karting location... if not.... its in the trash.

Black Beard still takes the cake for being the worst place ever though... that place SUCKED! And the karts weren't even gas! They only lasted like 3 laps then DED. Shèt was weeeak!!!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=kiley_sean;6562961]That's too bad, Dre. How many drops of oil are we talking about and was it from the front or back of the engine? Mine has leaked all down the back of the block since new (even before the ARP studs). It never drips on the ground, burns oil, or mixes with anything, but it's definitely all over the back of the block.

It's in the front and enough that it bothers me. I jacked the car all the way up and couldn't get completely under to see exactly where it's leaking. I'm getting all the fluids changed this week so we'll have a closer look.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL! I just asked you about this leak in the SC thread. I'm not sure if you've changed any fluids lately, but it could be just one of your drain plug gaskets needs to be replaced.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
LOL! I just asked you about this leak in the SC thread. I'm not sure if you've changed any fluids lately, but it could be just one of your drain plug gaskets needs to be replaced.
I did change out tranny and diff fluids so I'm thinking that's what it is. When are u heading down to charleston?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Hey LC, BTW, I woulda put you in teh wallz. Pat and I had a konspiracyz going to take you out.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dieselmd
I did change out tranny and diff fluids so I'm thinking that's what it is. When are u heading down to charleston?
I'm not sure. If I get these new springs in the next couple weeks I'm going to try and catch up with Dennis at some point to help me get them on. Will have to see. Thought I might have the springs by now, but maybe in 2 weeks or so.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Hey LC, BTW, I woulda put you in teh wallz. Pat and I had a konspiracyz going to take you out.
Why does this remind me of that Geico commercial? And I know about getting rubbed into a wall, ask ol' Dave about that....bastid!!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Hahaha! Oh yeah?! I got you two next time!

We're trying to get a few people together to go this weekend to Frankies, i think i'd be fun since we didn't get to ride in MB, anybody down?

On another note, are the results up from the autox yet? I checked the registration main page where they're usually posted but didn't see anything yet. By 'usually' though i mean 6 months ago when i used to be more on top of things, so if they moved where they post them let me know.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't see anything posted when I checked earlier today.

My few pics added...wasn't able to get anymore than these.

And last but not least, the man, the myth, the legend...

Last edited by 8thWonder; Jan 14, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:04 AM
Evolving Member

And last but not least, the man, the myth, the legend...

[/QUOTE]

Congrats Kylie on spanking that AZZ!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Here's my in car vid. http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...-09_317228.htm

It was a very challenging course, for real. But fun!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 02:03 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Nice vid. That's one hell of a tight course. Is that pretty common for the SC area? Most of ours occur on our city airport tarmac. I'm out in ID right now, but may be moving that way pending on a promotion. It's good to see there's a healthy auto-x community out there - especially among evo owners. And the Big Ben jersey shows me there's plenty of class out there too! Go Steelers!
Old Jan 16, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

LOL! Thanks man! Steelers fans everywhere! One guy out there in an STI from Ft. Bragg was a fan too. His comments were "too bad you drive an EVO!" I just laughed at him and told him that was a matter of opinion. Cool guy though.

This is only like my 5th one, but none of those have been on an airfield. They tried to get one, but that fell through. Maybe somebody else who's done it longer may have more info on that. This was by far one of the longest I've done. Definitely, the most challenging. I think all of us got a "DF" once! This was by far one of the most well repped auto-x's by the EVO owners. Hope it continues.