Notices
Southeast Region Includes AL, FL, GA, NC, SC, TN, KY.

SCCA Autocross, Myrtle Beach,SC - Jan. 11th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
4 evos so far! maybe 5 when Lecon signs up? anymore Evos sign up yet?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

congrats Kiley on 1st place...damn you and your 3 thousandths of a second...haha...and it was good to see everyone out there!

Last edited by 06MREvo; Jan 11, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would have won if you didn't have the wing!

That was pretty cool to have that many Evos out there. Usually it's like 10-12 Subies and 1-2 Evos.

Looks like those Coilovers worked out pretty good for you.

Lecon, what was your overall impression of the tires?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kiley_sean

That was pretty cool to have that many Evos out there. Usually it's like 10-12 Subies and 1-2 Evos.

hahah f*ck it i'm taking the spoiler off next time and beating you by thousands of a second...haha...coilovers def. worked out very well...also i liked the nice launch at the traffic light on 17 bypass around 7:20pm...that other silver evo was next to u and then that white bimmer...haha my gf and i were in her car going to the movies...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys. I took some pics of us in the grid so I'll post them whenever I can get them off the camera.

As far as the NT01s go, I love them! I'd recommend them if you're looking for a r-compound tire. I did have to get used to them though. The tires were definitely better during our 2nd set of runs than the first. My car's tail-end was definitely rotating more the 1st go round, but I started getting the hang of it by runs 5 and 6. What's the likelihood that I'd run an identical time on 2 passes? I think there was a malfunction or something. It "felt" like my 6th pass was faster.

Good to see everyone. Nice to have met Charlie and others out there whose names now escape me...at any rate, good turnout. Now I've got to get my seat time up to compete with the pros Kiley & BJ!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06MREvo
hahah f*ck it i'm taking the spoiler off next time and beating you by thousands of a second...haha...coilovers def. worked out very well...also i liked the nice launch at the traffic light on 17 bypass around 7:20pm...that other silver evo was next to u and then that white bimmer...haha my gf and i were in her car going to the movies...

That launch was pretty funny because LC took off, I sandbagged it along with the Bimmer and drove like a granny, all the while with a Corvette behind me. After about 500 ft, I noticed there was a cop behind the Vette, as the Vette went to take off an off ramp, the cop got on his **** probably thinking it was the Vette that was making all the noise...

Suckas!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

<whew> Be glad that cop didn't come after you guys! How about some guys rolled their cars Sunday morning here, just saw it on a local news website, hitting some cars at a car dealership on 2 Notch road. The dealership is a BMW one too. LOL!

Good seeing you again too Tom! Check you out next month for the go kart thing in Charlotte.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 8thWonder
<whew> Be glad that cop didn't come after you guys! How about some guys rolled their cars Sunday morning here, just saw it on a local news website, hitting some cars at a car dealership on 2 Notch road. The dealership is a BMW one too. LOL!

Good seeing you again too Tom! Check you out next month for the go kart thing in Charlotte.

Yeah, you too. I wanted to chat more, but most of the time I was playing with LC's camera..

Some guys rolled their cars? Yipes...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

hahah f*ck it i'm taking the spoiler off next time and beating you by thousands of a second...haha...
I'll be back in July/Augst, so that's plenty of time to take that wing off!
That was the closest competition I have ever had, BJ. The 2nd closest was LC and 2 years ago at Summerville AX ( I never have luck there. He beat me by a couple of hundreds after a grueling back and forth battle. It sucked, but was just the fire I needed to push it harder the next time. Win or lose, competition makes you faster!

...also i liked the nice launch at the traffic light on 17 bypass around 7:20pm...that other silver evo was next to u and then that white bimmer...haha my gf and i were in her car going to the movies...
That must have been LC and Tom.

BTW..did you guys go do the cart racing? Did y'all whip up on Pat?

Last edited by kiley_sean; Jan 12, 2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be back in July/Augst, so that's plenty of time to take that wing off!
That was the closest competition I have ever had, BJ. The 2nd closest was LC and I last year at Summerville. He beat me by a couple of hundreds. Win or lose, competition makes you faster!

That must have been LC and Tom.

BTW..did you guys go do the cart racing? Did y'all whip up on Pat?
Yeah def. I am just glad you aren't whipping my *** by a full second or more now...great competition...can't wait for the next event...i really don't think it will get much closer then 3 thousandths of a second...Yeah i guess that was LC...all you damn silver evos and no spoiler look the same....
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tkklemann
Yeah, you too. I wanted to chat more, but most of the time I was playing with LC's camera..

Some guys rolled their cars? Yipes...
Yessir. If you saw it you might wonder how, 'cause that part of the road doesn't appear to be very dangerous. There are lights there so maybe somebody swerved to avoid a wreeck with another car. I don't know. A bystander said the cars were flipping over and over down the hill. Nobody was killed either, though two were ejected...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah def. I am just glad you aren't whipping my *** by a full second or more now...great competition...can't wait for the next event...i really don't think it will get much closer then 3 thousandths of a second...Yeah i guess that was LC...all you damn silver evos and no spoiler look the same....

You, Kiley, & LC were all more than a second faster than me. But don't worry, by the time Kiley gets back maybe we can make it more of a competition with 4 cars!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

You, Kiley, & LC were all more than a second faster than me. But don't worry, by the time Kiley gets back maybe we can make it more of a competition with 4 cars!
haha oh well...we all had a great time...you and Jamie both need more seat time...hell since i did my first Autox in spring 2006, this was only my 11th event...i'm just glad i have a decent suspension setup now so i can finally put those r compounds to use...
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

With Matt Church probably not coming back next year and some of the other regulars in SM becoming less regular, we need all the competition we can get.

Don't worry about me for the first 2 events after I come back.
6 months without a car, just walking everywhere, really degrades driving ability. Every time I come home from a deployment, I feel like a 16 year old behind the wheel of a car...it feels that damn fast and scary! My eyes can't keep up with the road and anything over 30mph feels too fast and reckless. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks before I am able to drive again.

The proof was in my first autox in '08 at Summerville. I was home from Iraq for maybe 3 weeks before the event and I got absolutely smoked hard by some people I usually did well against.

I deploy every year and go through this transition, so is it any wonder why my car is still lightly modded and slow?! By the time I start noticing how slow it is, it's already time to deploy again...and so the cycle continues..
Old Jan 12, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

With Matt Church probably not coming back next year and some of the other regulars in SM becoming less regular, we need all the competition we can get.

Don't worry about me for the first 2 events after I come back.
6 months without a car, just walking everywhere, really degrades driving ability. Every time I come home from a deployment, I feel like a 16 year old behind the wheel of a car...it feels that damn fast and scary! My eyes can't keep up with the road and anything over 30mph feels too fast and reckless. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks before I am able to drive again.

The proof was in my first autox in '08 at Summerville. I was home from Iraq for maybe 3 weeks before the event and I got absolutely smoked hard by some people I usually did well against.

I deploy every year and go through this transition, so is it any wonder why my car is still lightly modded and slow?! By the time I start noticing how slow it is, it's already time to deploy again...and so the cycle continues..
Sorry for not being out there guys but as I rolled out I saw some oil on the driveway. I have some kind of leak, just not sure what it is exactly. I'm hoping it's not too serious but i did not want to chance it on a trip to MB. Kylie, again, have a safe trip and see u when you get home. Also, your car ain't slow son.......

Quick Reply: SCCA Autocross, Myrtle Beach,SC - Jan. 11th