Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

autocrossers beware

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2004, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
autocrossers beware

mitsubishi motors voided my warranty. according from Mr. mike E. from mitsu's 1 800 number, they found out i ax the car through houscca.com and bmw ax website. yes, indeed they are spying on us.
Old May 29, 2004, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

That blows. If they are watching the results pages of events there is nothing you can do. I can't believe an autocross would be grounds for any type of warranty voiding. Autocrossing is not that hard on a car. Wow, I can't believe how low they are slumping. They are ruining there chances of recovering from their 31% slump in sales this year..

Subaru gets an SCCA membership in the glove box, Mitsu gets a slap in the face if you do anything but look at the car...

Makes you kind of just want to look at them at the dealership.. What's the point of buying a new car from a stealership if driving it is going to void the warranty. new car is bought for its warranty. If those are not part of the deal.. hmmm..

Sorry to hear about their stupidity and its impact on you.
What was your car in for?
Old May 29, 2004, 09:40 AM

i was just asking to get the alignment checked. nothing wrong with the car.
Old May 29, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

WOW! Not even in for a breakage/warranty work and they just want to let you know they're voiding your drivetrain warranty, I assume. Or does autocrossing void your corrossion and electrical system warranty as well..
Old May 29, 2004, 11:03 AM

basically powertrain, suspension warranty are gone electrical and anything else, they have to review if it is a direct result of racing from what i understand will not be covered by warranty either.
Old May 29, 2004, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3

Subaru gets an SCCA membership in the glove box, Mitsu gets a slap in the face if you do anything but look at the car...
Subaru gets a free SCCA membership in the glove box, but as I was directly told by the dealer, take that membership out and use it, your warranty is void. They need your VIN number to use the free membership.
Old May 29, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Jun, did you get my PM?
Old May 29, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
...Autocrossing is not that hard on a car...
I agree. Autox is only hard on the tires and brake pads (which are only wear items), and should really have no affect on the warranty.
Old May 29, 2004, 05:12 PM
kam

I think a lot of this depends on which dealership you go to. Try Performance Mitsubishi in Humble. They are very reasonable and worth the drive out there. Also, they automatically give a 15% discount to all evo owners on parts.
Old May 30, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It does not matter what dealership he goes to now, Mitsubishi Corporate has voided his warrenty, there is nothing the dealer can di even if they wanted to unless they are willing to do it on their penny. What do you think the chances are of that happening? As soon as the dealer called Mitsu for an ok for warrenty repair Mitsu would say no.
Old May 31, 2004, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

LpsamsonEvo8,
Did Mitsubishi provide you anything in writing stating how and why you voided your warranty? Did they provide any information as to an appeals process? I’m not doubting your claim at all, I just know that if someone were to attempt to void a warranty on a product I’ve purchased, be it a car, house or toaster, I would want in writing so I could show it to my lawyer. I find it absolutely nuts that we can take these cars out on the public road, run them a hard as we want and endanger the life and limb of those around us and keep the warranty, but the minutes someone wants to run around some cones every 3rd Sunday they persecuted for it. I say get it in writing and fight them on it. Now, if your car has a bunch of engine mods and stuff, then …

Best wishes and good luck,
f86sabre

Last edited by f86sabre; May 31, 2004 at 06:14 AM.
Old May 31, 2004, 09:00 AM

wow i guess im just lucky then. cuz ive autox 2 times now on both bmw and hscca and right now my car is in the shop for a broken transfer case....(knocks on wood).....and wont be out until wednesday then sunday its going right back on the track so i dont know. oh and my evo only has 3600 miles on it and they said ive been drag racing too much. but they are going to warranty it.
Old May 31, 2004, 03:56 PM

hey Poptart, thats probably because u are not using your real name to register for events.
Old Jun 1, 2004, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Poptarts, what dealer do you go to?
Old Jun 1, 2004, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That blows

I know the warranty is no good if you "race" your car, but come on, dodging cones in a parking lot? I know it's technically a "race" because you compete against others, but then again so is road rallying, and the point of road rallying is to stay within the posted speed limits and drive as normally as possible. Most autocross stages last around 30-40 seconds. I find it hard to believe that 30-40 seconds of driving around in a parking lot dodging cones can do any more or less damage than normal aggressive street driving. If you dump your clutch at the start of an event or at a stoplight, it does the same thing. Come on what in the world is going on with you guys?