Notices
Site Feedback / Suggestions If you have any suggestions or want to see something voice your opinion in here.

Classified feedback!! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2014, 07:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
Allow the original post to be deleted once the item is sold or is no longer for sale. Sure would clean things up.
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. I don't think we want to delete the threads as they form a valuable historic database of asking price for stuff. Also, each member has the ability to mark their thread 'Sold' and the thread is closed.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...d-feature.html

Bob
Old Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Car classified that are older than 25-35 days should be updated or removed. Like other sites. easier to filter through. You can repost information if the car is for sale but we have a lot of dead car ads out there. OP are not closing as "SOLD".

Thank you,
BMH

Last edited by bluepeartype-s; Feb 10, 2014 at 09:29 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 06:34 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by bluepeartype-s
Car classified that are older than 25-35 days should be updated or removed. Like other sites. easier to filter through. You can repost information if the car is for sale but we have a lot of dead car ads out there. OP are not closing as "SOLD".

Thank you,
BMH
Thank you! I would prefer updating them to 'Sold' rather than removing the content. We may need to add additional staff members to clean the old threads up.

Bob
Old Feb 22, 2014, 12:40 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
i try to look at a site and analyze it thinking 'what purpose does this section serve'? Sometimes it's clear, sometimes not. It's good to review too, evoM is 5+ years old now. Things that worked 5 years ago may not work today, so kudos on actually taking the time!

I would think the following:

-why is there a regional sales section? It muddies the waters, spreads content into different forums. What if I was looking for an air intake, and the guy selling it only posted in a regional sales thread, and not the regular sales thread? I'd never find it. Seems redundant/serves no purpose. People buy parts locally on Craigslist. Hard to be a site that is global and local at the same time.

-Why differentiate Lancer and Lancer DE/SE/ES 08+? I know they are different parts and models, but there's only a handful of threads in either. Combining that would be effective at focusing user draw, just like combining Evo 1-9 does.

-why have any "vendor classifieds/vendor announcements/vendor lancer" subforums in the classifieds section instead of the vendor forums section? I understand vendor forums is for certain level vendors, but if I was a smaller vendor, I wouldn't want my new parts/sales threads right next to less expensive used parts. From a marketing point of view, if the "vendor classifieds" or "vendor announcements" section was in the Vendor Forums, right next to the big boys with their own sub forums (MAP, ETS, etc), it might incentivize other vendors to upgrade their subscriptions to get their own sub forum too.

-moving all vendor sale threads to the vendors section and combining some model sections would help avoid confusion and shorten the drop down menu for classifieds. Right now, the list is dangerously close to full-page, and people won't read it.

-auto dealers regional classifieds section has only had one new thread in 5 years. Maybe condense all the regions into "auto dealers"

-why not add a single "classifieds" link to the bottom of model specific forums in the drop down menu? Now when you mouseover "Evo X Forums", it displays the sub forums. Perhaps adding the link "Evo X Classifieds" to that drop down menu would drive more traffic to it. Just like adding metadata to drive google clicks, you can do the same internally on a site too. If there is only one classified link now, you add a simple "classifieds" link on the drop down menu for each model specific forum, you effectively double your own internal exposure. If that makes sense.

cheers

Last edited by ikt; Feb 22, 2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2014, 03:18 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
The regional FS was originally for people who didn't want to ship or preferred dealing locally. Given the scope of the regions and relative volume, you're right, it may be time to do away with them.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 05:08 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by ikt
i try to look at a site and analyze it thinking 'what purpose does this section serve'? Sometimes it's clear, sometimes not. It's good to review too, evoM is 5+ years old now. Things that worked 5 years ago may not work today, so kudos on actually taking the time!

I would think the following:

-why is there a regional sales section? It muddies the waters, spreads content into different forums. What if I was looking for an air intake, and the guy selling it only posted in a regional sales thread, and not the regular sales thread? I'd never find it. Seems redundant/serves no purpose. People buy parts locally on Craigslist. Hard to be a site that is global and local at the same time.

-Why differentiate Lancer and Lancer DE/SE/ES 08+? I know they are different parts and models, but there's only a handful of threads in either. Combining that would be effective at focusing user draw, just like combining Evo 1-9 does.

-why have any "vendor classifieds/vendor announcements/vendor lancer" subforums in the classifieds section instead of the vendor forums section? I understand vendor forums is for certain level vendors, but if I was a smaller vendor, I wouldn't want my new parts/sales threads right next to less expensive used parts. From a marketing point of view, if the "vendor classifieds" or "vendor announcements" section was in the Vendor Forums, right next to the big boys with their own sub forums (MAP, ETS, etc), it might incentivize other vendors to upgrade their subscriptions to get their own sub forum too.

-moving all vendor sale threads to the vendors section and combining some model sections would help avoid confusion and shorten the drop down menu for classifieds. Right now, the list is dangerously close to full-page, and people won't read it.

-auto dealers regional classifieds section has only had one new thread in 5 years. Maybe condense all the regions into "auto dealers"

-why not add a single "classifieds" link to the bottom of model specific forums in the drop down menu? Now when you mouseover "Evo X Forums", it displays the sub forums. Perhaps adding the link "Evo X Classifieds" to that drop down menu would drive more traffic to it. Just like adding metadata to drive google clicks, you can do the same internally on a site too. If there is only one classified link now, you add a simple "classifieds" link on the drop down menu for each model specific forum, you effectively double your own internal exposure. If that makes sense.

cheers
Thank you very much for your feedback!

We will be adding prefixes for all classified forums shortly. The prefixes will be FS,WTB, WTT and Regional Prefixes such as NorthEeast, MidAtlantic etc. The addition of those prefixes should allow the consolidation of the regional and WTB forums as a good start. We are looking at all the forums relative to traffic and will make other changes that make sense for our community.

The suggestion of a link to the Classifieds is a good one and we will consider adding it in the future. Again, thank you for your comments!

Bob

Last edited by Speedlimit; Feb 24, 2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enforce the regional FS threads. If you're not willing to ship you shouldn't be able to post in the regular FS thread and should only be allowed to post in the regional section.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:27 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by wariosport
Enforce the regional FS threads. If you're not willing to ship you shouldn't be able to post in the regular FS thread and should only be allowed to post in the regional section.
I know it's frustrating but I don't think we can enforce such a rule. With the addition of the regional prefixes the regional classifieds will no longer be separate forums. Thank you!

Bob
Old Feb 24, 2014, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

It should be a first come first serve basis for for sale items. I recently wanted a part and wrote to someone and the guy had already sold it to someone else who had written after me. It happened to multiple people on the thread. I know that people prefer local sales but if your willing to pay for the shipping then it should not matter.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:05 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedlimit
Thank you very much for your feedback!

We will be adding prefixes for all classified forums shortly. The prefixes will be FS,WTB, WTT and Regional Prefixes such as NorthEeast, MidAtlantic etc. The addition of those prefixes should allow the consolidation of the regional and WTB forums as a good start. We are looking at all the forums relative to traffic and will make other changes that make sense for our community.

The suggestion of a link to the Classifieds is a good one and we will consider adding it in the future. Again, thank you for your comments!

Bob
thanks for making a good website

Originally Posted by wariosport
yet another reason to just delete them
Old Mar 1, 2014, 08:38 AM

WTB section available to everyone
Old Mar 3, 2014, 05:09 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally Posted by dougdude10
WTB section available to everyone
Hi,

It is available to everyone after they have been registered for 15 days and have 15 posts. Thanks.

Bob
Old Apr 17, 2014, 02:14 PM

My only problem with the classifieds is that I need 15 replies until I can make a post. I've been a longtime lurker in the forums, but I don't typically have anything to say because everyone here knows so much more than me.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 07:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by thedanner
My only problem with the classifieds is that I need 15 replies until I can make a post. I've been a longtime lurker in the forums, but I don't typically have anything to say because everyone here knows so much more than me.
I'm not a admin but, you shouldn't have an issue with 15 posts. Ok, there are alot of people that know lots of things...doesn't mean they are right. That's what opinion's are for..You can always throw your idea out in a post it doesn't mean its wrong.
On top of this there are so many topics in this forum it shouldn't be an issue for you to write something..I'm not writing this as a slam on you. I just feel this forum is pretty opwn minded compared to some of the other ones I'm apart of. Where the older members slam the newbies. Feel free to make a post but, make it count and have meaning. GL!
BMH
Old Apr 29, 2014, 01:16 AM

as someone who doesn't own an evo, but is looking for evo wheels .... you sure do make me wait a long time to try and post in the classifieds. good thing I can still PM tho ...

Quick Reply: Classified feedback!! Please help!