Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I dont' see how the evolution is evolved and not tamed. Please explain Mitsubishi.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:47 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont' see how the evolution is evolved and not tamed. Please explain Mitsubishi.

No ACD
No AYC
No 6-speed
No Titanium turbo
No Limited slip front diff

We get worst climate contols.
We get uglier seats (better than no recarios)
We get the more weight with less goodies.
We get cheaper Radio.
We get 1 din insteat of 2 like on the GSR.
We get less horsepower (expected)

Everything is except for this small list i've made. Please feel free to add anything. I'd be pissed if they do add the diffs in the near future. That means i'd have to trade in my brand new car because i want ACD unless it adds a lot more weight and doesn't make that much performance difference. I do want the snow setting for the winter though. Hopfully ralliarts could help me out?

I'm still buying one b/c it's still an awesome car but i would like to ask why. I personally dont' mind everything to be optional adding my price to upwards towards $36,000.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Funny...

Looks like an option list for the upcoming...

Evolution RalliArt

Hmm?

/<
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waaahhhh, go get a box of tissues and stop whining. Will people just be happy we have the car! What else currently in the market can touch it for it's price? Nothing! Even the Sti is expected to be almost 3k more expensive.

Stop your freekin whining people.

Ah, I feel better now
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Yup, Rally Art might be an answer to some of the questions. The main problem still stays - racing legality of such a specialty vehicle. It is not going to be allowed into the Stock Solo2/ProSolo SCCA class, but at the end, maybe cares only for the ProRally and the rest of us are left on the side. :

Mr. AWD
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:56 PM

Just like Japan, The U.S will see its own Evolution of Evolution... The mission of this vehicles was to apeal to the driving enthusiast at a price under $30K. I think once you have the chance to drive an EVO8 you'll agree no other car even comes close to matching the performance at a price of $28,987. Also AYC and ACD would not package because of Emission Evap Cannister, OBVR system, and larger fuel tank required to meet U.S regulations..
Old Jan 3, 2003, 08:57 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

I do not want a car build buy sales and marketing people. I want an engineered car to be proud of.

I feel the public has the right to know what goodies we are cheated out of. I guess mitsubishi is more interested in making a buck than providing a statement for a once a non-profit car.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:03 PM
Evolving Member

um, let me get this straight.....you blame for wanting to make a buck and you would like them to offer a car for no profit? Isn't the purpose of being in business to make money?

Why don't you just buy an imported EVO VII with the bells and whistles you are looking for?

Mike
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:05 PM

I disagree, I think this vehicle make a loud statement and without a business case this vehicle would have never come to the U.S.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:09 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

You have a good point. As of now i'm depending on the STI for you to provide us with all the goodies . If Subaru decide to bring over DCCD i'd bet you'll retract your statment "Emission Evap Cannister, OBVR system" which i fell could be fitted when push comes to shove.

Sort of like the 5mph bumper and FMIC theory.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:17 PM

Maybe.. I guess we will just have to wait and see ....LOL
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:22 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Wow, lots of questions from little ole gtr today!
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:22 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

themothership, can you tell us when are we expected to see this car? Mine is ordered in chicago, IL. If you have any idea of release of evo's or when that'll be anounced please let us know.
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:24 PM

Ummm....what's the emmission evap canister and OBVR system?
and curious as to the regs on fuel tank size...can you elaborate ? or are you on a wild goose-chase for the tail-light part number? (see other thread wondering if you are who you say)
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by WRX1832
Waaahhhh, go get a box of tissues and stop whining. Will people just be happy we have the car! What else currently in the market can touch it for it's price? Nothing! Even the Sti is expected to be almost 3k more expensive.

Stop your freekin whining people.

I concur.

babies
Old Jan 3, 2003, 09:50 PM

Evap Canister and OVR has to do with the onboard vapor recovery systems needed to meet LEV emissions. Evap cannister is part of the emission system and is need to meet emission requirements. Also the larger fuel tank is a requirement by NHTSA. A vehicle must be able to travel a certain distant on one tank of gas (before you ask, I don't recall exactly want the distant is)

As for your part number.. I'm at home so I can't get you a part number.. Give me until monday or tuesday...

Quick Reply: I dont' see how the evolution is evolved and not tamed. Please explain Mitsubishi.