Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Friday Night GTG Tower Records...Fairfax Town Center

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2004, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Friday Night GTG Tower Records...Fairfax Town Center

Hey everyone...just wanted to let you all know about a gtg I usually go to Friday nights. It is in the parking garage at Fairfax Town Center near Fair Oaks Mall. There is a Tower Records and a Movie Theater and lots of little restaurants in the shopping center.

I have been going every Friday for a while....it is mostly Vdubs (which I used to have before I converted a couple weeks ago) every Friday with others mixed in, but the 1st Friday of every month it is just a HUGE GTG. I don't usually see many evos out and would love to meet some other locals. I am new to this whole evo thing...so it would be awesome to talk and learn more.

We usually meet on the top few floors when it is not too cold...and not raining. If it is really cold or raining we meet in the basement. We usually get there between 7 an 8.

Would love to see some of you all come out this Friday or any Friday...I will be there in my yellow evo mixed in with all the dubs
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:38 PM

Where is the Fairfax Town Center?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo spooling
Where is the Fairfax Town Center?
Very far from Hampton It's about 15-20 miles west of DC. I might show up...
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

I went there the weekend before last. I saw a bunch of cops (writing tickets from the looks) and turned around headed back home.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Very far from Hampton It's about 15-20 miles west of DC. I might show up...
I need to update that. I am just south of DC now. If the police are there just for the sake of harassment, then I will stay home.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Eclipsed Evo
I went there the weekend before last. I saw a bunch of cops (writing tickets from the looks) and turned around headed back home.
The cop got out of his car and was saying how nice our cars were. We all saw you come down the ramp and then reverse all the way back up (That wasnt suspicious ). Then later a cop came down and said he was gonna get us for tickets for no front tag when we left...and no one ever got pulled. The cops usually come just to make sure we are not being crazy and then leave. They asked us all to leave around 10 pm once because the people in the apartments complained we were loud.
Usually cops are cool...I can't promise anything...but that is just my experience.
Old Nov 29, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo spooling
I need to update that. I am just south of DC now. If the police are there just for the sake of harassment, then I will stay home.
Ok... Quantico's much closer The place is on Rt. 50 just west of the intersection with rt. 66 and Fair Oaks Mall. You take 66W to 50W and exit on West Ox Rd South, then turn right into where the Tower Records is and go behind it to the parking garage. They (DragVa or whoever organizes it) have permission to be there as long as it's under control. I went to one in the spring and it was pretty cool. It was mostly VWs, though...
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingEvo
Ok... Quantico's much closer The place is on Rt. 50 just west of the intersection with rt. 66 and Fair Oaks Mall. You take 66W to 50W and exit on West Ox Rd South, then turn right into where the Tower Records is and go behind it to the parking garage. They (DragVa or whoever organizes it) have permission to be there as long as it's under control. I went to one in the spring and it was pretty cool. It was mostly VWs, though...
Yeah us VW people go up there every Friday...the first Friday of the month Drag VA comes up...along with a bunch of others...Teckademics...etc. I would love to see some other evos out Have not seen another since I got mine...
Old Nov 30, 2004, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

That place is a tad bit out of control on the 1st Friday so I will pass but I might show up on a random Friday sometime with the TME. It's been too long since I drove that thing
Old Nov 30, 2004, 08:08 AM

Nrcooled your killing me I live so close and I still have not seen the TME.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:57 PM

Dag I didn't realize they still had meets there...havn't it been there for a while? I should try and make it out sometime...havn't been since long time ago. but I dunno...if I drive up in my MR I think imma be looked down upon being told I spent to much money and such....Not sure if I wanna get into a huge debate with someone AGAIN...haha...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by diddle5
Dag I didn't realize they still had meets there...havn't it been there for a while? I should try and make it out sometime...havn't been since long time ago. but I dunno...if I drive up in my MR I think imma be looked down upon being told I spent to much money and such....Not sure if I wanna get into a huge debate with someone AGAIN...haha...
It's all good...I would have bought an MR if I had the money. You should come out anyway
Old Dec 1, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

I am thinking about coming out myself. The problem is that my wife will be out and I will have my daughter and I it will be too cold to have a two yr old out that late.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 03:15 PM

I will be in the basement tonight since it is so cold...hopefully it will stay kind of warm down there...hope to see some of you all out
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:37 PM

Saw a few evos there, but I was running around too much to get many pics.. Here's one Evo I snapped real fast (sorry for poor quality). I love white!

Some more pics:
http://www.teckademicseast.com/forum...&postcount=239

Quick Reply: Friday Night GTG Tower Records...Fairfax Town Center