Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2004, 10:08 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine

The results are in!

1 Robert Fuller 1:24.332 Buschur-RRE-Muellerized

2 Kent Jordan 1:25.200 Muellerized-RRE

3 Mark McComsey 1:25.210 EOC-Quantum Racing-Muellerized-RRE

4 Dieter Heinz-Kijjora 1:26.220 Group 5 Motorsports-Muellerized-RRE

5 Ricky Rogers 1:26.238 Muellerized-RRE-4G63.com

6 Emile Bouret 1:26.333 Sparco-Muellerized

7 Paul Lambert 1:26.391 ForcedFed

8 Robert Tallini 1:28.285 RRE

9 Lawrence Yip 1:28.410 A-Spec

10 Frank Lin 1:29.348 Volk Racing / Toyo Tires

11 Corey Taguchi 1:33.211 B&M Racing / Drift Speed

12 Peter Beck 1:33.278 Symbolic Motors

13 Abbas Nazari 1:33.737 Team D Motorsports

14 Sammy Alinaeem 1:36.428 Race Centric

15 Mohammad Abuqartuni 1:38.800 SuperStreet Cars

Coverage Provided by:

*** Please scroll down for the latest news & Track Schedule. ***

What?

Evo Tuner Shootout

Watch the top Evo tuners & privateers compete against each other in a time trial to see who's combination can set the fastest lap time of the day. This event is open to tuners and private entries.

Evo Tuner Shootout Rules
  • Must have an Evo chassis
  • Must have a 4G63 engine
  • Must use street legal or R-compound tires.
List of Competitors - As of November 24th, 2004
If you have registered to participate in the shootout, please contact me so I can add you to the list.

Driver's School

Experience the limits of your driving abilities in your Evo with 5+ hours of track time over two days. Push your car on the twisty and technical Streets of Willow racetrack. This event is open to all Lancer Evolution models. Please inquire about other vehicles.

*** PLEASE NOTE THE DRIVER'S SCHOOL IS NOT A TIMED EVENT! ***

EvoM National Meet

Get together with Evo owners from across the country. Relax, enjoy the shootout, check out the various Evos on and off the track, and meet new automotive enthusiasts. This is open to anyone who would like to come down, so don't miss out!

Raffles / Giveaways

Enter the chance to win prizes from various vendors & manufacturers. Driver's School participants will receive a free raffle ticket. Additional tickets will be available for purchase at the event.

B&M Racing Sport Shifter (View Pic)

A sporty shifter engineered for the Lancer, Eclipse and EVO enthusiasts. This Sport Shifter has all of the features a performance minded driver requires. The finest materials, CAD designed, coupled with a short throw results in one extraordinary precision shifting system. This stylized precision shifter includes many of the key features found in race shifters including a stainless steel stick assembly, counter balanced bottom end and a stainless steel pivot ball. All of this combined with a simple straightforward installation provides a professional level shifter.
Key features:
  • Engineered for Precision Shifts
  • Shift throw reduced for quicker shifts
  • 303 Stainless steel stick
  • Counter balanced stick
  • Direct bolt on installation
Injen SES Exhaust & Downpipe (View Exhaust) (View Downpipe)

Injen Technology’s Super SES line of exhaust systems are dyno-tuned to compliment our performance intake systems; in doing so, the Super SES provides maximum horsepower and torque across the power band. The Super SES exhaust system is manufactured from 100% 304 stainless steel. Each exhaust system features CNC mandrel-bent stainless steel tubing, CNC machined flanges, and robotic TIG welding.

If you are interested in offering raffle prizes to participating members, please contact mark at evolutionm.net

When?

December 4th-5th (Saturday & Sunday)

Where?

Streets of Willow Springs, Rosamond, CA - (www.willowspringsraceway.com)

Layout

Full Course - Clockwise

Description

The Streets of Willow Springs is a favorite short track in the Los Angeles area, popular with magazines for car tests and an excellent learning track as well. Turns are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph), making it a safe place to take your street car and find its limits. All the turns but one have wide runoff areas of well-packed dirt. This track is highly-recommended for car and driver development due to it's lower-speed, technical nature.

Directions

CUSTOM DIRECTIONS:
Click here to use Yahoo Maps

DIRECTIONS FROM LOS ANGELES / ORANGE COUNTY AREAS:
I-5 North to Highway 14 North - past Palmdale and Lancaster, CA to Rosamond, CA. Take the Rosamond Blvd. exit in Rosamond, and go West approx. 6 miles on Rosamond Blvd. to the WSIR main track entrance at 3500 75th Street West.

DIRECTIONS FROM RIVERSIDE / SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY AREAS:
Go North on I-15 or I-215 to the Highway 138 (Wrightwood) exit - go West on 138 to Palmdale, CA. From Palmdale take the Highway 14 North to Rosamond, CA. Take the Rosamond Blvd. exit in Rosamond, and go West approx. 6 miles to the WSIR main track entrance at 3500 75th Street West.

DIRECTIONS FROM SANTA BARBARA / VENTURA AREA:
South on 101, East on 126, North on 5, East on 138, make a left turn on 90th Street West (go North), then right turn on Rosamond Blvd (first stop sign), go East approx. 1.5 mile to main track entrance at 3500 75th Street West.

DIRECTIONS FROM LAS VEGAS, NV:
South on I-15, to Highway 58 West, to Highway 14 South (at Mojave). Go approx. 15 miles South on 14 to Rosamond Blvd. Take the Rosamond Blvd. exit in Rosamond, and go West approx. 6 miles to the WSIR main track entrance at 3500 75th Street West.

DIRECTIONS FROM SAN FRANCISCO, CA / NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREAS:
South on I-5, to Highway 58 East, to Highway 14 South (at Mojave). Go approx. 15 miles South on 14 to Rosamond Blvd. Take the Rosamond Blvd. exit in Rosamond, and go West approx. 6 miles to the WSIR main track entrance at 75th Street West. OR, you can go over "The Grapevine" on I-5 to Highway 138, then go East to 90th Street West, turn north and go to Rosamond Blvd. Go right on Rosamond Blvd. and travel east approx. 1.5 miles to the track entrance at 3500 75th Street West off of Rosamond Blvd.)

Local Hotels

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com/...tion/local.asp

How Much?

$320 - Tuner Shootout Competitors and Track Time (5+ hours, Sat and Sun) *

$220 - Drivers School (5+ hours, Sat and Sun) *

No charge for spectators! (Racetrack charges $10 entry fee)

* All prices include transponders if you would like to use one.

*** PLEASE NOTE THE DRIVER'S SCHOOL IS NOT A TIMED EVENT! ***

Track Schedule

The schedule for Saturday is pasted below. HOWEVER, it may change, based on recommendations from the participants and organizers, so if the schedule is extremely critical to your existence you should check with me later on.

Sunday's schedule will consist alternating run groups in 25 min. sessions all day, from 8:30am-4:45pm.

For the EVO Tuner Shootout we will run 2 cars on track at a time during the time trials, with the exception of P11,P10,and P9, which will run first. After P11/P10/P9, we'll run P8/P7, then P6/P5, then P4/P3, and P2/P1 last. The time trial will consist of the out lap (not complete), two hot laps, and a cool down (not complete).

SATURDAY

Please make sure to arrive early to allow ample time for registration and vehicle preparation.

7:00am GATES OPEN
7:10am Check-in/Registration (RED Group sign-in first)
7:45am Drivers Meeting
8:15-8:40 RED group 1 (brief TUNER SHOOTOUT Drivers' Meeting)
8:40-9:05 WHITE group 1
9:05-9:35 EVO TUNER Practice #1
9:35-10:00 RED group 2
10:00-10:25 WHITE group 2
10:25-10:55 EVO TUNER Practice #2
10:55-11:20 RED group 3
11:20-11:45 WHITE group 3
11:45-12:10pm EVO TUNER Qualifying
12:10-12:35 RED group 4
12:35-1:00 WHITE group 4
1:00-1:15 Worker Break (Shootout Grid-up)
1:15-2:00 EVO TUNER SHOOTOUT #1
2:00-2:25 RED 5
2:25-2:50 WHITE 5
2:50-3:15 RED 6
3:15-3:30 Worker Break (Shootout Grid-up)
3:30-4:15 EVO TUNER SHOOTOUT #2
4:15-4:40 WHITE 6
4:40 TRACK CLOSES
5:30 EVO PARTY, AWARDS, RAFFLE at BAJA CANTINA
7:00am GATES OPEN

Latest News

• November 24th, 2004: A-SPEC Products have joined the shootout list. Look for them to offer up a few raffle items at the event as well!
  • November 16th, 2004: B&M Racing have joined the shootout list. In addition, they are offering up a free B&M Sport Shifter for the Lancer Evolution. Click here for product info. In addition, Injen Technology have announced that they will be in attendance and raffling off their Lancer Evo exhaust and downpipe package.
  • October 28th, 2004: Group5Motorsport has joined the mix for the shootout. We're getting set to confirm a few raffle items in the next few days so be on the lookout for that. I'm also working on getting some Evo-style shirts available as well.
  • October 11th, 2004: EvoM member racerferrari has just signed up to compete in the shootout for Pulp Racing. Updating track info to state we are running the full course at Streets of Willow clockwise.
  • October 1st, 2004: Added Team D Motorsports as a tuner entry for the Shootout. Updated the rules to prevent the use off racing slicks. We're also working to obtain a number of raffle items to give out those who attend the event.
  • September 27th, 2004: Added WORKS as a tuner entry for the Shootout.
  • September 24th, 2004: Added FORCEDFED as a tuner entry for the Shootout.
  • September 20th, 2004: Official evolutionm.net / Speedventures Tuner Shootout & National Meet is on! A number of tuners/competitors have pre-registered, including the infamous Sparco Evo, so make sure not to miss out!

Last edited by KK; Dec 6, 2004 at 06:59 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:19 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

bump
Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

EvoM Tuner Shootout Competitors:

1. Sparco EVO
Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:53 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by sparcoevo

1. Sparco EVO

If you sign up for the Driver's School portion, make to add your name to the list. I will start one that we can each use to update:

Driver's School
1. KK

Mark
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Driver's School
1. KK
2. Wilson1
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Are non-participating spectators allowed in for free (or at all?)
Old Sep 23, 2004, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Wanna add directions from New York, NY, Washington, D.C., Miami, FL, and DFW, TX? As well as drive times? heh.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:45 PM
Former Sponsor

1. Sparco EVO
2. Robi (and no I don't trailbrake if I can help it) "Buschur West"
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:47 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by robi

1. Sparco EVO
2. Robi (and no I don't trailbrake if I can help it) "Buschur West"
Damn Scott I gotta do something about this order! ;-)
Old Sep 23, 2004, 04:47 PM
Account Disabled

Damn shame...I'm on the east coast.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:19 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Terry S
Are non-participating spectators allowed in for free (or at all?)
It's free I just added that to the pricing section for others to see as well.

Originally Posted by Mister2zx3
Wanna add directions from New York, NY, Washington, D.C., Miami, FL, and DFW, TX? As well as drive times? heh.
I just added a mapquest link to the track address. That should help with getting directions from anywhere that's not currently listed up there. Here's the link:
Click here

Mark
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:21 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by johnnysixer
Damn shame...I'm on the east coast.
I'm sure driving out here might be tough to do, but maybe a weekend getaway to watch? I'm sure if the east coast members get together and mass book a hotel you could get some great rates as well.

Mark
Old Sep 23, 2004, 05:28 PM

I wish I had the time to fly out!
Old Sep 23, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KK
It's free I just added that to the pricing section for others to see as well.

I just added a mapquest link to the track address. That should help with getting directions from anywhere that's not currently listed up there. Here's the link:
Click here

Mark
Eeeeks Mapquest? You ahve to use a service that atleast has the track as well..

http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?zo...an_x=0&pan_y=0
Old Sep 23, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'll be there. Just an hour away from my place!

Quick Reply: Official evolutionm.net / Speed Ventures Evo Shootout Presented by DSport Magazine