Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Firmware and XMAP v3 news

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Firmware and XMAP v3 news

Here's some info on the new firmware which is currently running around on a few local EVOs (including our own).

MAF SCALING
It does indeed alter MAF scaling. In a way that works very very well. It uses a logorithmic MAF scaling which improves resolution at low load by a factor of 10. That is, instead of idle reading MAF value of .5%, it now reads 5%. Meaning that cold start and idle stability have been improved to be point of it being completely indistinguishable for what it is without the XEDE's MAF replication. But instead of simply multiplying the MAF scale by 10, the effective muliplier reduces as load goes up. It even becomes fractional at higher load levels. This means even a 600hp EVO application (with lots of MAF flow) will only see ~85% on the XEDEs load table. By comparison, with the old firmware version (which you all are running), it would reach 100% which would stink for those running (or who plan to run) big turbos, NOS, etc,. Of course, for those who do not want to upgrade to the new MAF scaling can still opt to use old non-logorithmic MAF scaling by selecting a little box in the set-up menu.

WASTEGATE CONTROL FREQ ADJ
The new firmware allows the user to dictate the wastegate control driver frequency. Anywhere between 14Hz and 1.2kHz. This means that the control system can be customized to accomodate different types of drivers for NOS, wastegate, water injection, etc,.

LAUNCH CONTROL (beta)
Still playing around with the switching mechanism and underlying logic but it looks like the new version of the firmware will be able to offer launch control/aux rev limit. That is, the user can select the desired launch RPM and simply stand on the throttle with the clutch pushed in. The engine speed will stay at the desired RPM until the clutch is let out. This would be useful for those (like myself) who are troubled during launch due to either bogging or wheelspin. More on this later...

OTHER
Yes, we're still working on some sort of knock/wideband logging device but that will come later. The stuff mentioned are the features which work right now (or close to it )

Also, all custom tunes from this day forth will be automatically upgraded to new firmware. This being the case, within the next 2-3 weeks, I should have new baseline maps for the new MAF scaling.

That's it for now...

cheers
shiv
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Are all of these items described above for the XEDE? If so I take it this is a continusaly upgradable item that can have new features added to it at a later point...much like the launch control?
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry if i wasn't clear Yes, these are new upgrades to the XEDE.

Shiv
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

LOL sorry I totally missed it...I'm at work so I have to cruise over what I am reading fast sometimes due to customers being in the store...HOW DARE THEY MESS WITH MY EVOM.NET READINGS!!! LOL

Anyways...is this a totally upgradable and continually advancing technology where you can add things that don't exist at the time?

And yeah...as you can tell I don't know jack $hit about XEDE. Just from what Eric L (spelling last name would be murder) has told me so far.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Ok...found a section of Vishnu's website that I didn't see before. Looks pretty interesting...I will try to figure things out there.
Old Jan 21, 2004, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Cool stuff, very exciting. However, I'm mostly interested in the "OTHER" catagory. Shiv, I know you can't/won't give a solid date but can you take a guess at it? In a few months, within the year, 1st quarter next year, etc. Thanks.

Last edited by alfredob1; Jan 22, 2004 at 12:00 PM.