Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EvoGarage.net

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EvoGarage.net

EvoGarage.net

First, I want to start off by saying I am by no means trying to take any light away from EvoM with this site so I hope the moderators can understand the purpose.
EvoM is a great resource of information and will always be needed in it's forum aspect.
Not to mention, there is a good amount of information on the site from fellow posters here at EvoM and they all receive credit at the top of the page.

Now...

EvoGarage.net is a wiki based website. This allows all the Evo enthusiasts (AKA YOU!) to help contribute to the site.
You can add your own guides, images, edit pages that you may want to add content to or correct information, and more.

The whole purpose of this site is to have a "one-stop" place to quickly and easily find the information you need.
This will help prevent the countless numbers of threads every day asking the same questions over and over.
Sure, we have the EvoM search function, but sometimes it just doesn't work as good as we would like and it can be a pain searching through hundreds of threads.

I have been working on the site for some time now and I'm finally happy with where it's at as far as base content goes.
As you will see, there are guides, FAQ's, and information pages I have already put up.
These pages will give you a general idea on how the site is used and how to construct your page.

As I said, the website still has work to be done. But part of that work includes you guys signing up and contributing to the site so we need your help.

Future features such as image galleries will also be available.
For example, you can just search "black on white" for example and it will bring up a gallery of black Evo's with white rims.
Or another example, search for Volk CE28N and a gallery of Evo's with Volk CE28N rims will come up.

This will also help reduce the amount of threads people requesting pics.
And the best part is, you can upload your own pics of your car or others to help build the gallery!

One concern that a lot of people have with Wiki's is false information.
I will be moderating the website everyday to make sure everything is good.
I have protected pages that I have already added so that they can't be changed and once a article is completed and the information is verified, it will be protected from change as well.

Also be sure to add our MySpace page to help spread the word. The more people we have, the better the database will be.

If you guys have any questions, concerns, or suggestions feel free to let me know. You can post it up here or contact me at the email address evogarage@gmail.com

So visit the site, check it out, register, and start help building the database!
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks. i bookmarked it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Very nice bro.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
Evolving Member

Bad-a idea.

love it.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

niiceee
Old Aug 26, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for posting this up.

Bryan
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:31 PM

this is awesome. i can't wait to see it grow.
thanks for making that site.
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:36 PM
EMC

So, do we have to donate a certain amount? Or can we donate whatever?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
8u
Evolving Member

Hey man big ups on starting this site.. I'm sure it took a lot of your time and effort. Job well done! I'm not trying to be an smart a** by any means but just to let you know the info on the 05' Evo 'Engine and Power' says hp: 271 and tq: 273. (Actual..276,286)
Old Aug 26, 2008, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome. Bookmarked.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

Already got you on my myspace! Sites looking good bro!
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the positive feedback fellas!

Originally Posted by EMC
So, do we have to donate a certain amount? Or can we donate whatever?
Do you mean with content or with funding the site?

You don't have to donate any content if you don't want to, but of course we would love for everyone to help. There is no limit.

As far as funding the site goes, I will have a PayPal donation page soon. The site is still in the beginning stages, so I don't expect any donations yet. But as we grow, more bandwidth and space will be needed and when the content gets bigger, more people will find it worth it to help keep the site online.

In the meantime, I have placed Google Ads on the site which are great. They are small and not distracting. They also help pay for the site every time you guys simply click on a ad you are interested in so that is another great way to help out

Originally Posted by 8u
Hey man big ups on starting this site.. I'm sure it took a lot of your time and effort. Job well done! I'm not trying to be an smart a** by any means but just to let you know the info on the 05' Evo 'Engine and Power' says hp: 271 and tq: 273. (Actual..276,286)
Thanks 8u, the site I got the information from was incorrect and I have verified you are right. That's the exact kind of help we need

If anyone else finds something that they think needs to be corrected or added and it's on a protected page, you can let me know here at EvoM like 8u or click the "discussion" tab on the article in question and I will verify the accuracy and make the change.

I have started working on the help page to answer any questions you may have about using the site. You can check it out by clicking the Help link in the navigation box on the left side of the page.

Last edited by Tnnrx7; Aug 27, 2008 at 09:21 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Great thanks for the site.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Our YouTube channel is now up! Subscribe, comment, send a message with a video you would like to see put on the channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EvoGarage

Last edited by Tnnrx7; Aug 27, 2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old Aug 27, 2008, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for all the MySpace adds and messages guys!

Leave some comments or send me a message with a picture of your Evo and I will add it to the image gallery with your name as the caption.

Last edited by Tnnrx7; Aug 27, 2008 at 09:05 AM.

Quick Reply: EvoGarage.net