Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!

I know people have talked about Evo's running in the GT class of WC for a while now, or should I say talked about how cool it would be. Well the wait is over.

Competition Associates who has been building TONS of Evo race cars for local Utah race groups has been working on a few WC cars in their spare time for over a year now. They wanted to hit last years race but didn't have the cars ready. I just talked to one of my buddies who works on them and they were out testing yesterday. They only finished one of the two cars for this race, but one EVO is better than none.

I saw lap times from the first practice session so they are out there for sure. Driver is Vesko Kozarov. Check out the practice and qualifying result as they go down the next few days. Hopefully the car stays together and they do well on their first race. the car literally was finished up a few days ago...
Old May 16, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not EVO power but one of the finest Evo tuners in SoCal doing all the work on this bad bish. Tuning Technologies is planning on building an Evo for this event in the near future....

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...g+technologies
Old May 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA
Its not EVO power but one of the finest Evo tuners in SoCal doing all the work on this bad bish. Tuning Technologies is planning on building an Evo for this event in the near future....

That's not World Challenge. Name is similar, but WC is a race series.

The cars running this weekend are built in Utah by Competition Associates. they are the first Evo's in WC and now own the homolagation for any evo wanting to run in the series. Anyone wanting to put an EVO in WC will now have to go through Competition Associates to make sure they comply with the homolagation rules.

Last edited by jid2; May 16, 2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Vesko is fast....
Old May 16, 2008, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i just checked out the car today, its amazing, it should do very well, the setup is impecable on everything from the engine to the suspension to the HUGE wheels lol
Old May 16, 2008, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nils
Vesko is fast....
True, must be the accent.
Old May 16, 2008, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by o-townFLA

Yeah, wrong. This is the Speed World Challange, a professional road racing series that supports ALMS. Real racing, not some lame street car crap.

He is running the evo against full race Vipers, Covettes, GT3's, CTS-V's, etc. All big displacement power.

Here's the entry list.

Here's a link to more info.
Old May 16, 2008, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

I always wondered why there were no evos/ stis in this series. I cant wait to see how they do at LRP!
Old May 16, 2008, 04:48 PM
Account Disabled

He seems to be doing well. He looks like hes running the pace of 15th or so. thats a huge feat considering SCCA neuters turbo cars and has a problem with AWD. Lets hope hes got another second or 2 up his sleeve for tomorrows qualifying. The SWC GT guys usually go 1-1.5 sec faster for qualy.

The ESX Subi and the skyline that ran last year looked horrible compared to this car.

Does anyone have pictures or specs?
Old May 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
Former Sponsor

I encourage them to bring this car out to run in the Redline Time Attack at the end of June at Miller. I don't see anything on the car as being illegal for Time Attack events. I'm sure FactorX, CWest, GST Motorsports, Top Speed and the rest of the gang would encourage the extra competition as well.
Old May 16, 2008, 05:13 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Does anyone have link to the car or any pics and video?
Old May 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

The car was literally finished a few days ago, although it's been in the works for a while. Someone from UT will need to get pics of it.

I was told the car is on super low boost. They are working off a tune Dave Buschur sent them as the car got finished before it could get a proper tune.

Their real strength in building the car is that the shop has built more than 10 EVO race cars and knows the chassis and suspension setup well. This is also their home track.

Hopefully they can turn up the boost and make some real power, but that may not happen for this race. I know their lap times at the moment are pure "stra-tee-gery", it's all part of the game.

Last edited by jid2; May 16, 2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old May 16, 2008, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nikolas@Redline
I encourage them to bring this car out to run in the Redline Time Attack at the end of June at Miller. I don't see anything on the car as being illegal for Time Attack events. I'm sure FactorX, CWest, GST Motorsports, Top Speed and the rest of the gang would encourage the extra competition as well.
That would be cool, perhaps they do it. But this car may not see any value in running a time-attack - it's a race car.
Old May 16, 2008, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nikolas@Redline
I doubt it, but its a possibility. Just depends where the car is at that time and what is going on. The first priority is the series, obviously. I know there are plans to take on HKS at the Super Street TA, just because its in the off-season, with no conflicting shedules.

Originally Posted by kingkyle
He seems to be doing well. He looks like hes running the pace of 15th or so. thats a huge feat considering SCCA neuters turbo cars and has a problem with AWD. Lets hope hes got another second or 2 up his sleeve for tomorrows qualifying. The SWC GT guys usually go 1-1.5 sec faster for qualy.

The ESX Subi and the skyline that ran last year looked horrible compared to this car.

Does anyone have pictures or specs?
Yeah, the typical awd cars have not done well in SWC GT. I can't say why, really, only that this car was built properly and the practice says very little about the actual speed of the car. The driver, Vesko, is almost inhuman on track, smart moves and very little if any mistakes. If you've read "The Fountainhead", by Ayn Rand, you'll have an idea about who he is.

JID, easy on the details, brother. Perhaps a little edit is in order.

Vesko has his work cut out for him for sure, but the car is close (with only about 2 hours of testing so far!) and he has the skills, we'll see where he ends up. As crew chief i sure as hell hope i'm talking to the cameras during the race!
Old May 16, 2008, 09:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Been following this car a little bit....very cool.

but i need pics

just finishing is an accomplishment by itself. so good luck to Vesko!

- andrew

Last edited by GTWORX.com; May 17, 2008 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: EVO Power in Speed World Challenge GT Class @ Miller RIGHT NOW!