Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

WORKS Brain Flash for EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:47 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WORKS Brain Flash for EVO X

Greetings,

I wanted to give an update on our '08 Lancer and EVO X flash program. We've cracked the ECUs and are currently working on our flashing interface, and we will offer flashes for both the Lancer and EVO X in the next few weeks. We just moved the dyno up to Infineon yesterday, so I'm looking forward to hearing Pete tune our new Lancers and EVOs outside my office (on second thought... maybe that'll get old real quick. We'll see.). In either case, I think we have a great situation now, with track and dyno in one location, to help us create the best tunes possible. I'll post EVO X updates here, and Lancer updates in the sister thread periodically.

This is an intro for me as well since I've never posted here. I'm in WORKS Engineering working on some projects for our racing program, other projects we'll release in a few months, and most recently, these ECUs. Some local members saw me in one of our World Challenge Lancers working on "ECU diagnostics" – I guess you know what I meant by that now!

-Steve

Last edited by Steve@WORKS; Apr 6, 2008 at 08:50 AM. Reason: lancer thread url added
Old Apr 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Will you be using the stock boost solenoid to increase boost like your previous flashes?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

I had WORKS products on my Eclipse! Such an awesome company! Glad to hear this
Old Apr 6, 2008, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@WORKS
Greetings,

I wanted to give an update on our '08 Lancer and EVO X flash program. We've cracked the ECUs and are currently working on our flashing interface, and we will offer flashes for both the Lancer and EVO X in the next few weeks. We just moved the dyno up to Infineon yesterday, so I'm looking forward to hearing Pete tune our new Lancers and EVOs outside my office (on second thought... maybe that'll get old real quick. We'll see.). In either case, I think we have a great situation now, with track and dyno in one location, to help us create the best tunes possible. I'll post EVO X updates here, and Lancer updates in the sister thread periodically.

This is an intro for me as well since I've never posted here. I'm in WORKS Engineering working on some projects for our racing program, other projects we'll release in a few months, and most recently, these ECUs. Some local members saw me in one of our World Challenge Lancers working on "ECU diagnostics" – I guess you know what I meant by that now!

-Steve
Will we have the ability to adjust the tune ourselves, or must we take it into a pro tuner shop to get that done?
Old Apr 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

+1

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Will you be using the stock boost solenoid to increase boost like your previous flashes?
Old Apr 19, 2008, 08:02 PM
Account Disabled

We traditionally stick to stock components for our flashes, but we'll offer various levels of end-user tunability so you can adapt it to other components if you'd like.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds great, can't wait!
Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Will be awaiting further info and pricing

thanks
Old Apr 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Like OMFG! I like freaking live in the freaking Yeah Area, and like this is soooo freaking sick girl!

But yeah, + 1 on price and availability. Can't wait.

You guys needs another test car?
Old Apr 20, 2008, 11:48 AM

Would this Flash also work on the upcoming 2009 Raliarts? If so, do you guys offer a Mail in Flash?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

I know this thread is kind of old but just to give you an update, the price for a EVO X flash is 649.00. However we are having an internet store sale for 599.00 right now http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...roducts_id=522 ! We will also be in Las Vegas Nov. 4th-6th and are going to be available to flash your Evo X's there so you don't have to pay for shipping. As for the RA yes we will be able to flash RAs very shortly as we just received an ECU on Friday. Hopefully Steve will have it cracked by the end of next week but there are no guarantees. As far as price for the RA flash until we crack it we can't say.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 12:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Anyone buy an RA yet?

If anyone has a 2009 Ralliart they want to let us fiddle with please contact info@worksmotorsports.com . We would prefer to have a RA from someone who lives in the bay area but that is not a requirement.
Old Nov 3, 2008, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

I'm interested in a Works tune since I live in San Diego Co and run the same fuel you usually tune for. I do want the option of being able to reflash back to stock. How would this be accomplished?

- Does the buyer get the files for future reflashes?
-If I buy another ECM (don't even know if mitsu would sell one), could it be flashed so the OEM stays unmolested?

-I live 500 miles away and don't want to be stuck without the source code- or to put it another way-what is it that we are buying exactly?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 10:43 AM
Account Disabled

WORKS can flash always flash the stock parameters back to the ECM. Future software updates/upgrades are handled just like the original WORKS Brain Flash (either through the mail, here at our shop or through select WORKS Dealers).

Mitsubishi does sell the ECM separately, which is how we're able to start the hardware/software development before the car actually arrives in the US. However, these units cost nearly $900 from the dealer. There are some parameters that are specific to each chassis that would need to be integrated into the new ECM as well.

We do frequent EDO Performance in the LA area and perform the reflash and tuning services there.