Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2008 Lancer TSB - No start in cold

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2008 Lancer TSB - No start in cold

TSB number 07-13-010

See images

Attached Thumbnails 2008 Lancer TSB - No start in cold-8.gif   2008 Lancer TSB - No start in cold-9.jpg  

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Mar 6, 2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good looking out black..
Old Feb 23, 2008, 01:31 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I aim to please...
The following users liked this post:
JMoney2812 (Sep 11, 2016)
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:46 AM

keep it up man...it's great that you can find out all this things for us so we can have some proof that there is a issue when a dealership "doesn't find a problem" or claims "there isn't a issue in our data base about this"

I plan on printing this out and showing it to the idiot that calls himself a service manager to show him Im not making bull**** up like he thinks I am with other issues in my car.

thanks black!
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

my car hasnt started about 3 times but the temp is no where near freezing.. minimum temp when it hasnt started was 55.. so would it be the same problem..??
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:09 AM

Its not necessarily a cold issue (out here being -45 and mine has started without problems). I thinks it more of the point where it is just starting to freeze, and condensation builds up, and causes the original relays to cause problems.
Correct me if I am wrong, but mine started messing up after I had parked in a heated garage after washing my car, then took it out in the cold, where shortly after it started acting up and not responding.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

nice... I finally got around to checking the build date of my GTS. It looks like I fall into the affected build dates. My car was assembled in October. So, I'll be having local service peeps perform this TSB to my car on my first service interval... if not sooner.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by cRc`22
my car hasnt started about 3 times but the temp is no where near freezing.. minimum temp when it hasnt started was 55.. so would it be the same problem..??
Couldn't hurt to bring the TSB in and have the dealership check it out. It IS their job to look into it...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

ugh... I just had this happen to me today (second time since I got the car now), and I had a girl in the car with me at the time... it was probably 70 - 75 F around noon. Fortunately, I only had to switch off the iggy and switch it back on and the car started right up. Still, it's kind of annoying to have happen in front of others when it's a brand new car.

I'm definitely going to have my local service dept switch those relays or something...
Old Feb 26, 2008, 02:46 AM
Evolved Member

since you washed it, and however the roads may be in your area...(salty/sandy in winter) moist? Anyways either way it sounds like a relay thats not really made for outside weather but put in the outside environment! Sometimes mitsu is smart, I swear!

But it could be just a relay problem(moisture, not just cold freezing). At least get them to supply you a relay and replace it yourself, unless you and them both have the time.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 08:59 AM

okay so my car didnt start once.. the replacement is free if you're within the affected build date?
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by cbenite1
okay so my car didnt start once.. the replacement is free if you're within the affected build date?
I think you're jumping the gun a bit. But if you're within the build date, your dealership can replace them for free, yes. But I think you'd have to ask them to check it out. This isn't like a factory recall where they replace the faulty part on every car. This is just a fix for cars that have problems.

Your car not starting once isn't a serious problem. Your car not starting AT ALL is.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:34 AM

gotcha... i was just wondering, my cars only done it once. if it did it on the regular then id get serious
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

yeah mine has done it probably 6-10 times over the time ive owned it since june and in all different kind of weather situations. when i go to get my oil changed in a few weeks im gonna tell them about it. where can i find the actual tsb to print it up and show em though? i feel like if i just tell them about it they will just be like "ugh the car is supposed to do that, all cars do that sometimes", friggen idiots.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by WhiteGTS18
where can i find the actual tsb to print it up and show em though? i feel like if i just tell them about it they will just be like "ugh the car is supposed to do that, all cars do that sometimes", friggen idiots.
Um, it's posted at the top of this thread. They're actual images of the TSB. Just print the two pages out and take them in.

Quick Reply: 2008 Lancer TSB - No start in cold