Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's Evo X has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Racing's Evo X has arrived!

After a delay that was longer than expected our Evo X finally arrived yesterday at the dealership and we went and picked it up today. It was unloaded from our trailer, came inside the shop for about 10 minutes just so we could check it out.......

Then it headed straight to the dyno for a baseline run.

The car arrived with about a half tank of whatever gas they put in it from the factory and we added 5gallons of Sunoco 94 octane.

The thing runs fat freaking rich as others have stated and also which can be told by the dyno sheet.

Baseline #'s were 215whp / 241ft. trq

I also threw this short video together for you guys.

*BUSCHUR RACING'S EVO X BASE DYNO RUN*

*BUSCHUR RACING'S EVO X BASE DYNO RUN* (on youtube)

Now..... the catback system is already done on the car. We "finished" it about 30 min ago. I will have pictures up of that tomorrow. We put the car back on the dyno and this was the verdict with the new catback exhaust.

David and Trent are working on some other items as I type this. Please check back for updates as we're just getting started!

Take care!

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; Feb 20, 2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can't wait to see what you guys crank out of that thing.....the more i see the x, the more it grows on me, except for that damn back end!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:58 PM
Account Disabled

Glad to see you guys finally got your car. I was wondering where Buschur was since AMS and several other guys have been playing with the X for a couple weeks now.

I'm in Cleveland, so you guys are somewhat local for me. Might have to swing by your shop to check out the car and parts (when you have them). Which dealership did you buy from? Medina Mitsu?

Good luck with the car. Hopefully you can make it a beast!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Can't wait for what comes next!

Any shots of the exhaust system?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

cool look forward to seeing some mods
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL the car has 8 miles on it now I bet!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by atombomb33
Glad to see you guys finally got your car. I was wondering where Buschur was since AMS and several other guys have been playing with the X for a couple weeks now.

I'm in Cleveland, so you guys are somewhat local for me. Might have to swing by your shop to check out the car and parts (when you have them). Which dealership did you buy from? Medina Mitsu?

Good luck with the car. Hopefully you can make it a beast!
Yeah we were supposed to originally have it last wednesday. The further east you are the harder it is to get the car. No biggy though. We would have liked to have had it sooner but we worked with what we got dealt.

Feel free to stop by anytime between 9am-6pm M-F. Be glad to show you around.

The car was purchased from Mentor Mitsubishi.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Alexander
Can't wait for what comes next!

Any shots of the exhaust system?
I'll post the pics of the prototype / finished system tomorrow.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Haha you guys waste no time. I can't wait.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

needs more power!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:36 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
Yeah we were supposed to originally have it last wednesday. The further east you are the harder it is to get the car. No biggy though. We would have liked to have had it sooner but we worked with what we got dealt.

Feel free to stop by anytime between 9am-6pm M-F. Be glad to show you around.

The car was purchased from Mentor Mitsubishi.
Jrod, thanks for the offer. I'll definitely have to swing by one of these days. Mentor Mitsu...huh? Might have to swing by there after work and see if they have any others on the lot...no other Cleveland-area dealers seem to have any yet.

Last edited by atombomb33; Feb 20, 2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

So that's a 15whp difference from stock with just cat-back right?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
As Jarrod said, we got the car. My only regret is not driving it but I refuse to drive a car I intend to keep with the rediculous amount of salt and this new liquid crap they are spraying on the roads. So it went in the trailer and came here.

The car is up scale quite a bit compared to the EVO8-9. I like the race car feeling of the EVO8-9 personally.

The car is VERY quiet (EVO8-9's probably were too but I don't see many stock anymore). The engine sounds quite a bit different than the 4G63, you can hear it isn't the old engine.

Torque is very impressive 236 is much more than the 8-9's made here on our dyno. The 211 is inline with the old cars. I made a total of 4 dyno runs and the baseline posted was the best one of the runs I made.

The exhaust. The car has two cutouts in the rear for tips. It looks good. I did not want to make a single exit exhaust so we did a twin 3" tailpipe system. The car looks HOT like this and with the tubing we use and the design it has added a minimal amount of weight. We used our single Bullet muffler on the system. My guess is even with the twin outlets we'll be as light as most other manufacturers and lighter than others.

Also completed the air filter kit for the car tonight. Extremely simple on the EVO X's. A standard 3" K&N cone filter will actually go right on the end of the MAF. Doing this though leaves the air filter dangling under the hood. We made a V shaped mount to hold it all in place. We will not be making a MAF pipe for the car. I know in doing so it is going to cause idle problems so we are going to skip this. When some tuning software becomes available we will move ahead with testing. I don't feel the MAF pipe is a restriction as it is not on the EVO8-9's.

We are working on the upper i/c pipe next and then our FMIC kit. I should have all of this done tomorrow and dyno testing on those parts complete.

We are trying to make a BR350 package for the dealerships and that is our first order of business. We will be leaving the stock cat and stock ECU inplace this time around.

Something else to note. The before and after dyno sheets. I am highly impressed with the changes in power just from the cat back. The peak power is up by 16 whp and the torque is up by 10 ft lbs. Look at the power and torque at 7,000 rpm though! The base pull was at 189 hp and the pull with the new catback was at 217, that's a gain of 28 whp at redline. I'm not sure what kind of gas was in the car when we picked it up but to keep the testing in good fair order we dumped 5 full gallons of Sunoco 94 in it. I could feel the car "jerking" during the dyno pull I am fairly certain it is seeing some detonation and pulling timing. After the catback change though the car was noticeably smoother. Getting rid of back pressure reduces knock counts, as we all know.

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow and digger deeper into Project X.

Thanks for the interest.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

^^ Subscribed!!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

This is fantastic. Cant wait to see what you guys have in store. Very impressive to hear that you guys had the catback done so soon. I like that you are sticking with the dual exit as Im sure there will be plenty of singles out there.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's Evo X has arrived!