Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

i was bored...HPDE Schedule (mostly local)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was bored...HPDE Schedule (mostly local)

Date(s)..........Track........................................State............Price.............HPDE Org (Comments)
3-4 Mar...........VIR (Full).....................................VA..... .........$370.00........Track Daze
7-Mar..............Summit Point (Main)....................WV.............$299.00.. ......Car Guys (Advanced)
7-8 Mar...........Summit Point (Main)....................WV.............$425.00.. ......Car Guys
14-15 Apr........Roebling Road (Full)....................GA..............$325.00. .......Track Daze
21-Apr.............Putnam Park Raceway.................IN..............$235.00... .....MVP Track Time
7-8 May...........Watkins Glen...............................NY............. $475.00.........Car Guys (W-Th)
9-May..............Summit Point...............................WV............ TBD................MVP Track Time (Private but call for more info)
17-18 May.......Summit Point (Shenandoah)........WV.............$365.00........ Track Daze
30-May............Autobahn Country Club (South)...IL...............TBD...............Track Daze (Advanced)
31May-01Jun...Autobahn Country Club (South)...IL...............TBD...............Track Daze
2-Jun...............Autobahn Country Club (Full).......IL...............$245.00.........MVP Track Time
14-15 Jul.........Summit Point (Main)......................WV.............TBD.... ..........Track Daze
19-20 Jul.........Summit Point (Shenandoah)..........WV............$425.00....... Car Guys
1-Aug..............VIR (Full)........................................VA.. ...........$299.00.......Car Guys (Advanced)
2-3 Aug...........VIR (Full)........................................VA.. ...........$475.00.......Car Guys
18-Aug............Autobahn Country Club (Full).........IL..............$245.00.......MVP Track Time
26-Aug............Lowes.............................. ..............NC.............$100.00.......Car Guys Night (must drive day session)
26-27 Aug.......Lowes................................... .........NC.............$475.00.......Car Guys (Tue-Wed)
28-29 Aug.......VIR (Full)........................................VA.. ............TBD..............Track Daze
4-5 Oct............Summit Point (Shenandoah)..........WV.............TBD.......... ....Track Daze
11-12 Oct ........BeaveRun Motorsports Complex...PA..............Pending.......MVP Track Time
11-12 Oct ........VIR (North)....................................VA..... ........$425.00.......Car Guys
25-26 Oct ........Autobahn Country Club (South).....IL..............TBD..............Track Daze
8-9 Nov............Summit Point (Shenandoah)..........WV............$425.00....... Car Guys
17-Nov.............VIR (Full).........................................VA. ...........TBD..............Track Daze

http://www.carguys.com
http://www.trackdaze.com
http://www.mvptracktime.com

*Disclaimer*
This information was compiled today, and in no way represents all of the HPDEs operating from the listed tracks, nor does it represent the other functions occuring at those tracks. For that information, you need to do your own WWW searches!

I was just bored today at work and thought I'd post some of the events happening in the general area. Though some of the venues may seem distant, they are reachable...I'm going to try and get to Watkins Glen, from northern Virginia, in May...although I did leave off several distant tracks (WI & TX).
Old Feb 13, 2008, 01:18 PM

Nice List!

Thanks for putting this together
Old Feb 13, 2008, 01:24 PM

Now the question is whether to do Track Daze at VIR March 3-4th OR Car Guys at Summit Point March 7-8th.

Looking at just cost VIR is cheaper... I know you mentioned in another thread that the VIR guys were a little less critical of your performance which may be good since I'm feeling a bit intimidated here. What do you guys think?
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

you da man!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by koffee
Now the question is whether to do Track Daze at VIR March 3-4th OR Car Guys at Summit Point March 7-8th.

Looking at just cost VIR is cheaper... I know you mentioned in another thread that the VIR guys were a little less critical of your performance which may be good since I'm feeling a bit intimidated here. What do you guys think?
The instructors go with the school, not the track. And 59evo's different experiences with different Car Guys instructors is just luck of the draw, like at every other school. Don't sweat who you get for an instructor. I've had dozens of instructors and there was never one that I didn't learn something from.

VIR is a very different track than Summit Point main. If you want the best possible experience, I'd go with the school that gives you the most track time per dollar. VIR is a much nicer facility than Summit, but they are both good tracks for a beginner. The tuition cost is just a fraction of your total costs (hotel, fuel, food, brake pads, etc.), so don't get too caught up the marginal differences in tuition between schools.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

as was pointed out to me this afternoon by EVO8LTW....

http://www.trackschedule.com/sched.html

shouldve done my homework...sigh!
Old Feb 26, 2008, 01:09 PM

here's a list i compiled as well:

http://www.rightfootdown.com/?p=12