Notices

New! BLOX Racing Front Engine Roll Stopper!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New! BLOX Racing Front Engine Roll Stopper!!

Improve traction and reduce the front-to-back movements your engine makes while under on/off throttle conditions.

Fits all 2003-up Mitsubishi Evolution 8 & 9 RS, GSR and MR Models

- Light Weight, Strong, and Rigid.

- Traction is greatly improved due to the significant reduction of front-to-back movements while the engine is under on/off throttle conditions; furthermore, it improves shifter feel and on/off throttle response.

-Durometer Rating for the Mount: 90A

We have been running it on our Time Attack EVO last year, and now we are fully comfortable pushing it onto the EVO market!!!

BLOX Racing Engine Roll Stopper - Special offer
- Black $79 Shipped!!!!

Originally Posted by superfleajq
I picked a silver one up from SE today, got home and did the install. Took about 20min or so. Would have been faster, but I had trouble getting the rear cross member bolt lined up. Overall, installation is extremely easy --> 2 front cross member bolts, 1 bolt rear, 3 bolts for front tie bar, 1 bolt going through the mount.

For those of you wanting to do it yourself, you'll need 17mm and 14mm sockets.

Impressions:

Starting the car, it does sound totally different. Not really better or worse, just different. I don't know how to explain the difference in sound, you just have to hear it yourself.

Increase in cabin vibration is minimal, and no audible vibration is present. The extra vibration is only noticeable at idle and most of it seems to be felt through the steering wheel. When my hand was off the steering wheel, I did not really notice the increase in vibration.

Shifting feel is definitely improved. Historically, I won't claim to be a great heel-toer, though my downshifts are good at least. With the mount installed, upshifts and downshifts are smoother, and heel-toe is easier as well. The major thing I noticed was the much easier 1st-2nd upshift.

Overall, you guys will really like this mod. It's definitely worth the "steal-me-now" price that Speed Element has set for these. Thank you SE!
Originally Posted by bigboybusa
Heres alittle review on this part:

Very simple to install (10 minutes with a lift). I have noticed less play during shifts, smoother transmission engagement and less vibration. This is a good part alternitive to getting a engine dampner ($130-$150). It also works well if you do a Koyo radiator and FP green combo for the turbo gets really close to the radiator fins, with the stock mount and vibration it would definately hit them in time.

Over all I have looked around for a great solid mount that won't break the bank. As a Product designer, I got to say that the blox was made very well (radiuses, machining and finish), and for the price you can't go wrong!
Originally Posted by uSmC_08
I just got mine installed tonight and my first impressions is that this is one of the best/most noticeable improvements I've done to date.

The cost is AWESOME and fit/finish/packaging was great.

Calvin at SpeedElement is super fast on the shipping, and I received a tracking number just hours after I sent him payment, and received the mount 2 short days later.

I've only driven about 10 miles with the mount installed, but the car feels more "tight" and shifting has improved greatly. I don't know if it's just me, but for some reason when I went WOT, my car sounded unmistakingly different (Can anyone confirm this?)

Overall this is a 10/10 and the bang for the buck factor can't be beat!
Please Leave your feedback in this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=323244

Last edited by Speed Element; Jun 4, 2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whats the price on one of those?\
Old Jan 17, 2008, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

ygpm
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i love these mounts i dont have one but i would love to own one. only problem is i plan to pick up a ams solid frunt motor mount bar.

i wish they made the to side motor mounts though. i would of bought them already.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

My Beatrush was not cheap, what's a fraction of the price? I think the BLK looks stealthy.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i love these mounts i dont have one but i would love to own one. only problem is i plan to pick up a ams solid frunt motor mount bar.

i wish they made the to side motor mounts though. i would of bought them already.
Solid side mounts are an awesome addition if your car is an all out track/race car.

But if you have a street car, the solid mounts will transfer a lot of vibrations into your cabin and will eventually cause a lot of rattle and creaks in the future. Hence these front engine roll stopper will do just fine for DD/weekend warriors.

But regardless, your solid front mount bar will do very well as well. AMS makes great products.

Originally Posted by mdsevo06
My Beatrush was not cheap, what's a fraction of the price? I think the BLK looks stealthy.
ygpm!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

99 dollars according to their website
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

its much cheaper for a limited time offer wanna try and give it a review?
Old Jan 17, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Speed Element
Solid side mounts are an awesome addition if your car is an all out track/race car.

But if you have a street car, the solid mounts will transfer a lot of vibrations into your cabin and will eventually cause a lot of rattle and creaks in the future. Hence these front engine roll stopper will do just fine for DD/weekend warriors.

But regardless, your solid front mount bar will do very well as well. AMS makes great products.

yea i like that feeling. that race car feel. the ams bar is solid and you dont even need the sides at all to be upgraded. but i just want to do it for the looks aspect. if u ever seen under my hood its ''well i think so'' very very well put togeather. the stock mounts look like junk. hahahah. so im just searching for something nice. and these blox mounts kick butt.

g/l im sure all 500 will sell. there a sweet product
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:22 PM
Account Disabled

If that's the case please PM me price
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

PM me a price shipped to 21703!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought one from your site last friday! Damnit should have waited!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

everyone got pm!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Shoot me a price... interesting to say the least. I already have the offering from Forge, but I'd be interested to see if there is a tangible weight difference.

BTW, I'm ALL about stealthy black!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 04:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigboybusa
I just bought one from your site last friday! Damnit should have waited!
I will send you something as a token of appreciation!

please pm me your full name!

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New! BLOX Racing Front Engine Roll Stopper!!