Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X

First let me start off that I used to have a Evo VIII that had the Xede. I've seen some powerful IX's that are vishnu powered and they have done amazing things with the MIVEC.

My questions is will we see this type of power with the X? I know it hasn't been released yet, but I was wondering if the Vishnu guys have seen any possiblities that might make my decision into buying a X over the IX. The mods taht you currently have for the IX compared to the VIII are very little. We haven't even seen a production procede yet.

I haven't really read any insight from Vishnu about the X and was hoping I could hear something. Any thoughts Vishnu would be appreciative.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

No one from Vishnu wants to give any type of insight?
Old Nov 6, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
They are really not involved in the EVO community any longer. As seems to be their history, they've moved on to other cars. I'm sure Shiv is all over the BMW forums.

I've learned my lesson as a former customer. You can't give away the Unichips they used to use with the WRXs and the Xedes aren't worth much more.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed that about the xede... Good thing I sold mine when I did.

Why just give up on one type of car completely and move on to the next? Will we see this with the 335i too? The Evo X is a completely new platform and your telling me that Vishnu won't even be the slightest interested? What about the IX? I thought Shiv was going to take full advantage of the MIVEC and all of a sudden he just drops the project completely? I understand the 335i is a great car and I am looking into them as well, but why no more love for the Evo community?

I'm not trying to bash on the Vishnu crew what so ever... I had an VIII and couldn't think of anyone better to hand my money too then the Vishnu crew for their performance mods.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Actually they the Evo X on order, so when it comes out and Shiv will be all over it. You got to understand this is still business for Shiv. Once EcuFlash come out, his tuning become somewhat not needed as much, so he had to find another source of income. Look I had my Xede for 3 years and never had a problem, the car still runs great with it as of now, yeah it sucks the Xede has no value at all but if it works on the car why fix it.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

i don't think they have completely given up on the evo community, but were not able to get everything they wanted out of the IX and decided to wait for the X. i don't think they could've done much more with the VIII.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by asasin79
i don't think they have completely given up on the evo community, but were not able to get everything they wanted out of the IX and decided to wait for the X. i don't think they could've done much more with the VIII.
Lot's of promises for the 8 and 9, but no follow through. They had a bunch of customers around here and I can't think of a single one that is satisfied, especially the one I know that went with SMART. They offer no input or value to this forum and honestly, I'm not even sure why the spend their money on EVOm.

Check their history. There is a pattern of moving from one car to the next. If AMS and a bunch of other vendors manage to still make money off EVOs and contribute to the discussions on EVOm, why can't Vishnu? Again, check their history; this is a pattern.

This thread is a perfect of example. What a joke. They don't even participate in their own section.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

It's not that I doubt what they do is good. Sure they got everything they could have out of the VIII, but I never saw anything done with the IX. They sort of dropped the ball on the XEDE which I understand was due to it not be the powerful enough to handle more features, so comes in the proceed. Well where is the proceed for the IX? I know there are still tons of people that are waiting for the proceed for the IX. and if they are getting the X why skip the IX? I get he is only one man.... with tons of work to do.... but why support one car (VIII) and then start the next and drop it just because he got a new car (335i). Which is a GREAT car, and we all found out he hit the 400hp mark with it.... but that still leaves the question why drop the evo community? why no participation? If other tuners did this, then we would see a lot more evo VIII on the market because no one wants to support or tune them.

It just doesn't make sense.... and I wish we could hear from them on something with the IX and maybe any insight for the X. All I was asking for was some insight they had on the X.

Last edited by crusin_lancer; Nov 6, 2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Dont forget that vishnu was the first company to bring the evo into the spotlight in the US with TONS of magazine press and their win of one lap, plus their work with car and driver.
Shiv was the first one to figure out the 9 ecu and the Mivec tuning. He then posted all his findings on this forum for other tuners to better understand the workings of the new ecu. Even now a vishnu flash and tbe (300 whp on mustang dyno) makes more than most other tuner's packages that include way more parts.

Unlinke some other shops, vishnu's philosophy doesnt revolve arround making time attack cars and other things, but simply engine management, and in that department they do very well especially on brand new platforms.

An xede is not that big of a deal anymore, but back when the evo was new, there was no free flashing software, and only 2 or 3 shops that understood the evo at all. You cant expect them to attempt to compete with a FREE flashing program? they are a business after all.

They moved to the 335, as no one in the market including all the big names i.e dinan, active auto werke and turner had any ability to tune the 335s. They were the first and are still the best engine management solution for that platform, and guess what, once that platform is fully developed, they will proly move to another challenge.

Not every car company is the same, and vishnu is into the EM stuff and thats why they move to different platforms faster than other companies.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

i'm sure they'd still be around alot if they were known for their engine building, gearbox work or other things that have lots of following. in my eyes their specialty is engine management. honestly they have dropped the ball on the IX, but what do i care i have a VIII with SMART XEDE on v500 that i am more than happy with. sure it isn't as powerful as the same setup on an AEM, but what do i care i paid $1200ish less for EM. not like i race my car. hell i've had it since April 03 and it hasn't broke 40k miles.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Vishnu_Evo8
Dont forget that vishnu was the first company to bring the evo into the spotlight in the US with TONS of magazine press and their win of one lap, plus their work with car and driver.
Even now a vishnu flash and tbe (300 whp on mustang dyno) makes more than most other tuner's packages that include way more parts.

Unlinke some other shops, vishnu's philosophy doesnt revolve arround making time attack cars and other things, but simply engine management, and in that department they do very well especially on brand new platforms.

An xede is not that big of a deal anymore, but back when the evo was new, there was no free flashing software, and only 2 or 3 shops that understood the evo at all. You cant expect them to attempt to compete with a FREE flashing program? they are a business after all.

They moved to the 335, as no one in the market including all the big names i.e dinan, active auto werke and turner had any ability to tune the 335s. They were the first and are still the best engine management solution for that platform, and guess what, once that platform is fully developed, they will proly move to another challenge.

Not every car company is the same, and vishnu is into the EM stuff and thats why they move to different platforms faster than other companies.
Buddy, put down the coolaide. The EVO was huge without Vishnu. I can't believe you actually posted "Vishnu was the first company to bring the evo into the spotlight in the US". That statement is just silly.

What Vishnu did was superb marketing and build a cult like following. They were definitely the best shop at marketing. His tuning skills are good, but I bet every tuner on EVOm would laugh to read "Shiv was the first one to figure out the 9 ecu and the Mivec tuning. He then posted all his findings on this forum for other tuners to better understand the workings of the new ecu." I seriously doubt the tuners on EVOm "better understand" the new ecu thanks to Shiv.

Again, but down the coolaide.

As I see it, and I am a former customer, Vishnu's biggest problem is two fold; they're repeatedly using inferior hardware and have a history of abandoning markets/ communities. I'm sure in 3 or 4 years, the Proceeds will be as worthless as his Unichips and Xedes. And, as I posted before, if Al and many others still make a nice living tuning EVOs and other cars while managing to contribute to the community, Vishnu could as well. However, they've chosen to abandon both this market and this community.

Look how many questions there are in this forum about Vishnu products and find how many times anyone from Vishnu actually post. Fortunately, there are plenty of helpful people on here, so Vishnu suport comes from its great customers.

It's funny, when Vishnu debuted on the Subby scene, all the Mazda guys said just wait, he's only passing through. How right they've been. Vishnu, the ADD shop.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 04:49 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by robertrinaustin
Lot's of promises for the 8 and 9, but no follow through. They had a bunch of customers around here and I can't think of a single one that is satisfied, especially the one I know that went with SMART. They offer no input or value to this forum and honestly, I'm not even sure why the spend their money on EVOm.

Check their history. There is a pattern of moving from one car to the next. If AMS and a bunch of other vendors manage to still make money off EVOs and contribute to the discussions on EVOm, why can't Vishnu? Again, check their history; this is a pattern.

This thread is a perfect of example. What a joke. They don't even participate in their own section.
I don't know why you're so bitter, man. I was a happy Vishnu customer with my WRX, both Evos, and now my 335i. The reason nothing is happening with the Evo X is because the car isn't out yet. I'd bet good money that Vishnu will be at the forefront of Evo X tuning. Vishnu uses interception to tune. They're usually the first to market because of this, but once things like Open Source become available, the market really dries up. A lot of reflash tuners were effected by Open Source, and all of them embraced it eventually in Evo-world AFAIK.

Vishnu is no longer using the XEDE. They'll tune and support Evo XEDE customers out there who come to the shop or to dyno days, but there are no more new XEDE units. They use a better interception device called the PROcede which has several more inputs/outputs and offers PID based boost control.

They'll be right back in the game with the X, but there is not a really profitable market in the VIII and IX since the market is saturated and pricing has gone and is continuing to go the way of DSM.

If you're an intelligent businessman, you'll go where you can make money. Shiv was tuning Evos this year and still is tuning them. But there's nothing new to market right now. They're really at the forefront of the BMW N54, and with the 135i release around the corner, it was wise to establish credible position so early.

Vishnu was the first mainstream vendor on here with a good Mivec flash, and I'll bet that they'll be first to crack the 4B11.

I'm pretty sure the reason they aren't commenting on the X is because nobody in the USA has had one for public consumption yet.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:00 PM

yeah i think there is nothing for the market at this time...not until the vehicle releases and hits the streets for about 6 months or so..........

vannon loeung
562-453-5963
Norco Mitsubishi

Red Pin-striped gunmetal MR BBS wheels for sale with tires.....80% thread

Last edited by Monajzay; Nov 7, 2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

ok ok back to topic.... This isn't the first 4B11 motor.... I was asking on insight on what they think the X can do with a little tune. A pure estimate is good.... Even a... Well the 4b11 sucks but those japanese know what their doing would be good. I just want a Vishnu response. That's all.... This thread blew up in the wrong direction.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Seth, there's nothing coming from Vishnu in the EVO community, not 8, not 9, nada. Maybe they'll be back with the 10, but I'm not sure why anyone would bother. Support a vendor that supports the community and they clearly don't. BTW, I'm not at all bitter, maybe just a bit more objective. Notice nothing I posted was inaccurate.

Quick Reply: Evo X