Notices
E85 / Ethanol This section is dedicated to tuning with ethanol.

Fitch® Fuel Catalyst in an EvoIX

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fitch® Fuel Catalyst in an EvoIX

FITCH® FUEL CATALYST in an Evo IX

About three weeks ago I was watching Power Block’s “Horse Power TV” on SPIKE and they did a dyno test on the Fitch Fuel Catalyst. The test was to challenge the claims that it increases the Octane and improved fuel economy. Well it was very impressive for what it is and what it does. So, It got me thinking about trying it in my Evo IX. But, I plan on converting to E85 down the road when E85 becomes more readily available here in the northeast. INFO time..

So, I look them up on line. http://www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/index.cfm

After reading all the FAQ’s and looking to see if our cars are listed. NOTE: NO Mitsubishi’s are listed! By this point I was ready to make the call to get some real INFO. So, I call the Toll Free number listed on their site 1(888)-881-APSI and spoke to a really nice guy named Rob who spent a fair amount of time answering all my off the wall questions. So here are some of my Q&A’s…

Q: How come Mitsubishi has no part listings?
A: We do not have matching fuel fitting for Mitsubishi just yet.

Q: I’m planning to convert to E85. Will the Fitch Fuel Catalyst work with E85, and still improved fuel economy / increasing Octane?
A: YES! The catalyst as a permanent fuel treatment for all hydrocarbon fuels. E85 included.

Q: What is a 'Drop-In' Unit?
A: Is small multiple units simply inserted into the fuel tank.

Q: I am not looking to get drop in units. I would really like an in line unit. Can I get the correct size, in line unit, and retro fit it myself.
A: Yes. But, by retro fitting the fuel lines your self, you void the warranty of the unit.

Well, the thought of having small multiple units simply dropped into the fuel tank just made my skin crawl. So after I get around to moving the battery to the trunk I will be purchasing a Fitch Fuel Catalyst, Part Number “F56G24B” and fit my own fuel lines. NOTE: This unit is efficient for up to 500 Flywheel Horse Power, Not Wheel Horse Power. Its also cost $261.25 + S&H if some one chooses to do this before me.

I will up-date the EvoM community as I go forward with this little project.

Thank You All for your interest,
Old Oct 23, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's very interesting I would like to see the chemistry behind the product I didn't seem to find any on there site. Who wouldn't want a couple extra MPG but I'm a sceptic I just don't see how this could do what it says it can do. I tried to find the Power Block episode where they tested it but couldn't find it. If anyone knows which episode post it I would like to see it.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 08:04 PM
RFH

these are a scam

if they worked they would have them from the factory...
Old Oct 23, 2007, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RFH
these are a scam

if they worked they would have them from the factory...
If I saw the test on a infomercial instead of Horse Power TV, I would be with you 100%.
In their FAQ's OEM was covered...
Q. Why don't the OEMs like GM, Chrysler, Ford, Cat., Detroit, etc. implement the
Fitch Fuel Catalyst on the cars right from the assembly line?

A: The OEMs don't typically add parts to the assembly line unless it saves money or they are required to add because of specific regulations. OEMs must meet certain standards set forth by the EPA and other regulatory organizations. When determining MPG window sticker numbers, the EPA requires the automotive OEMs to test on a certified fuel such as Indolene. These purest certified fuels are too expensive to mass produce and are not equivalent to what consumers purchase at the pump.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
found this quote on a google search.

"watched the same show and decided to give it a try (stupid right?). Anyways they told me I can get my money back if it doesn't work. But for some strange reason, the thing seems to be working. Usually from my home to work I get 13.2-13.5 mpg. After I installed it last week I am getting 14.8-15.1 mpg. The distance is the same and I drove the car the same way. I still skeptical but it seems to be working. Can someone explain to me why it works? or is my gauge misreading my fuel consumption. This thing shouldn't be working right?"
Old Oct 24, 2007, 05:40 PM
RFH

it doenst work.

what does running indolene have to do with getting different mileage?
Its basically premium with out addatives and has the same heating value as regular gas.

how will putting something in your gas tank magically make it more efficient?
It doent change the chemistry or what ever else they claim.
Your engine already operates with 99.4% combustion efficiency how are you going to make it better?

you can change your milage like 30% by weather, driving habits, under inflated tires etc.
Old Oct 24, 2007, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I read about it it says it's an oxidizer so I'm guessing that the filter they have on it oxygenates the fuel. Leading to micro air bubbles in the fuel reducing the volume of fuel by increasing the oxygen content in the fuel. Kind of like oxygen makes acetylene hotter. That's just my guess based on the product view because no chemical could last in a container 250k miles with fuel flowing through it.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Interesting. I'd like to see more hard information on this. Any way to conduct a true test? Any interested dataloggers?