Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

2005 MR from Buschur Racing....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2007, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 MR from Buschur Racing....

Well I hate to do this, seriously I HATE to sell this car. The story. This car was bought new by Trevor Jones (dragnracing) and then brought to us for all the modifications it has ever received. The car is simply the most fun street EVO you can buy, it's what an EVO should be. Trevor followed our suggestions exactly on the build and the car is exactly what was promised.

Trevor has won I-don't-know-how-many autocrosses with the car. Trevor took 2nd place (behind my personal RS) at this years Winged Warrior 3 competition in the car, he placed 1st in the autocross, 3rd in the drag racing with it. The car is currently tuned to run on E85 but I can tune it to run on anything "you" would want it to use. The best 1/4 mile time is an 11.1 and the best 1/4 mile MPH is 126 mph. Last week on the stock tires/wheels I ran an 11.6 at 122.98 mph and I suck driving. That was no power shifting and a 1.85 sixty foot time.

On our dyno at the shootout on E85 the car made 425 whp and 454 ft lbs of torque. It is a beast and absolute BLAST to drive.

Here is what are the details on the car:

2005 WW, MR
11,500 miles
Body, paint, interior are all perfect. The car has a few small scuffs near the bottom I'd guess from clipping autocross cones, I have not attempted to buff them but they might come off, they are not very noticable and are low.

Interior:
Has radio relocator kit, so radio is down low.
Factory gauge package has been relocated to radio position
AEM serial gauge on steering colum mount
The remainder of the interior is perfect and stock.

Exterior:
Stock, white with factory wing, factory tires and wheels

Suspension:

Apexi N1's. We set them up and aligned the car. Car is aligned for multi-purpose use now. So it is not set up to do ONE particular thing well. It is great on the street as it doesn't wear out the tires. Also has factory front strut bar, both lower tie bars, rear sway bar and BR strut tower bar. Hawk front and rear brake pads on stock rotors.

Engine: (here's where the sweetness is

Stock original 11,000 miles shortblock and head. Head has upgraded springs/retainers.

BR 2.5" polished SS upper i/c pipe with Tial BOV
BR 2.5" SS lower i/c pipe and turbo outlet pipe
BR lightweight battery kit
BR 1,000 cc injectors
BR double pumper
BR ported/coated exhaust manifold
BR coated SS 02 housing
BR ported/coated 10.5 turbine housing
BR 20gLT turbo (green)
Revolver camshafts
BR coil on plug igntion
BR race FMIC
Power by Buschur Racing spark plug cover
BR inline manual boost controller
AEM EMS
5 bar map
Air intake temp sensor
Integrated wide band
BR 3" downpipe
BR 3" offroad pipe (has a dummy cat in for visual inspection)
BR 3" bullet cat back
BR ported intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
Exedy HD Twin clutch
BR 3" maf pipe
BR air filter kit

The car has the factory 6 speed trans in it that shifts like butter. Also has ACD of course.

I am telling you, this is the absolute ultimate EVO to drive daily. The torque is rediculous and hits peak around 4500 rpm. This is how my RS was when I enjoyed it the most.

There is NOTHING wrong with the car, I love the car, love driving it. It is very quiet. All sound deadening and such are still in the car. Airbags and door beams are all there, nothing has been cut or removed.

Modifications come to $13,500. Installation on all of it would run about $2,000. Tuning let's say $300. Total $15,800.

The car is low mileage and perfect, sold for $34,000 new. That makes it $49,800 that has been spent on this car total.

I'd like to sell it for $33,000. It's a steal at that price as even if you found a reasonable priced stock EVO for $20,000 you will have more money in it by the time you modify it to this level than you will buying this one completed.

You can PM me if you are interested or call the shop, 440-839-1900.

For those of you curious of the reason I am actually selling it. I just can't bring myself to sell my RS, I don't like the RS nearly as much as I do this car but I've put some much of my personal time into my other car and it is running 9's. I just can't part with that one. I am also listing 4 other cars I own this week for sale. (old cars, nothing newer than 1971) It's just time to try and get rid of some of them. I can't drive them all and have drown tired of storing and paying insurance on them.

So there it is.

Thanks for your time.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want jarrods old car!!!!!! i wish that guy would go back to selling it again
Old Sep 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

evoluvin,

This car would be very easy to turn into Jarrod's old car. If you are serious all it would take is a set of pistons/rods, BF272 cams and the 3065 kit. Other than that the graphics and wheels are the differences.

I would be willing to change the car around if someone wanted a different combination.

I am telling you though, if you drove this.............you'd not want to change it.
Old Sep 9, 2007, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

drool. wished i saw this a month ago. seriously, i just bought an MR. this one has everything i would want on the car and its already done for me.

how's the gas mileage with the mods?
Old Sep 10, 2007, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

I wish i had waited now,dang need to sell mines and just buy this one lol, now u need to had this to you sig (this is why im Hot)lol
Old Sep 10, 2007, 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Is this car @ Buschur? You're not too far out.

.. muahaha
Old Sep 10, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Bump

Good luck with the sale David. I know first had how much fun that car is on the street and at the track, as mine is built identical.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is not a car other than the Magnum that I would have traded this car for...even that was a tough decision. I am sure I will build something like this again for a street car in the future.

The gas mileage around town was typically 16-17mpg and low 20's on the highway with E85.

To the buyer of this car, it broke the RA-1's loose in a straight line at 30mph in second gear....be prepared, be safe and god's speed
Old Sep 10, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

sorry for the late reply david... but could you send me some pictures to acurarsxluver@yahoo.com
thanks
Old Sep 10, 2007, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Man I wish this car was for sale about 8 month's ago.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Jarrod is going to take some pictures tomorrow. To be honest, there is a good chance it sold today. I will not hold it for ANYONE though. I just went through a "first contact, first chance" deal on something else I sold and got jacked around.....from now on it's the first guy with the moneyhaha

I'll have Jarrod post pics, actually I am pretty sure they are up on here already. Give me a minute.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Actually, here is a thread with some pictures I started about the car:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=290978

It's a great ride.

About the fuel mileage. I have been driving it and having fun, so the mileage has been pretty poor. I decided this last tank of fuel to drive it easy and try not to boost it much. Well I didn't make it as I took a few guys for rides, I still got 185 miles to the tank. Not great, I'd guess 17 mpg.

On the highway on E85 I'd expect 23 mpg. As I said, I can re-tune it for any octane the new owner wants, no extra charge.
Old Sep 11, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bump for a sweet car! I have seen the car and it is cherry. Best used Evo you will find.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
David,

Just started looking and found your ad. I built my first Evo MR with you in '06 and used Robi as my consultant with all my BR upgrades. My interest in this car is autox with 4-5 roac/race events. Does the car have room for bigger radiator install? Can you define the suspension upgrades please? Not sure I understand what has been done. I assume 11,500 miles on this car has been hard driven...as it should be. Curious how your tranny is and expected future longevity. It's a concern I would have about any car with such good mods. Nothing personal. My past history with you hopefully would enable a good transaction. Thanks. Email me: ExecCeo@gmail.com

Andy Brant
Old Sep 14, 2007, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Email sent to you Andy.

Quick Reply: 2005 MR from Buschur Racing....