Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Ipod Cable/ Hook Up???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ipod Cable/ Hook Up???

I wanted to know if anyone, has an Ipod hook up in there new Lancer? I have a Basic GTS CVT with no options. When I went on the Mitsu website and did the build and price one a while back before I got mine I sware I saw an Ipod Cable as an option for 50bucks, any idea if this is something we ca do??

MIke
Old Jun 30, 2007, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you didn't get the Sun and Sound package; then your Lancer does not have an AUX port.

The only option is an FM transmitter or installing a new headunit with an AUX port included. Those are the only two options I know of to connect any iPod to a vehicle.

Unless of course someone else knows of something else.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

if you go on and build one, It says you can get the cable for the basic Stero????
Old Jun 30, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Talk to your dealer I know they sell the cables but i dont think it allows you to control the ipod with your steering wheel controls or any of that. I dont know why people buy GTS's without the navi its like having a ipod in your dash
Old Jul 1, 2007, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

becasue I got mine dirt Cheap without all the crap, I know the GM at my Mitsu dealer... he gave it to me below invoice.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 06:52 AM
Evolving Member

Below which invoice?? And either way they make money on a car deal they dont do anything for no reason. Its much harder for them to sell non navi models and honestly if it wasnt for the navi and sun and sound I dont think I would love this car as much as I do. Losing over 75 horses and transitioning from a highline vehicle to a compact sedan is a tough transition so having features like bluetooth, navi, and very good factory installed system compensate me for that.

But if you are such good friends with the GM ask him what he can do on that ipod cable.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Hell, if you buy a car at or above invoice you got screwed anyway. Unless you got it at dealer cost + incentives your deal isn't anything 'special', just what you should pay.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gnnr
Hell, if you buy a car at or above invoice you got screwed anyway. Unless you got it at dealer cost + incentives your deal isn't anything 'special', just what you should pay.
agreed folks at like getting a car at invoice is some great accomplishment dealerships dont do anything that doesnt make them money.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 09:07 AM

I have an ES. If you press the CD button for3 seconds, the display will show AUX. This means your headunit has the capability to run an AUX its just missing the outlet. The $50 dollar cable is just that, a cable to plug into the RCA inputs for those that already have an AUX input installed.

The outlet has to be installed ( the whole front has to be pulled apart).

What the dealer an I cant agree upon right now is that they want me to get a neww cubby hole piece with the hole already pre drilled. I told them just get a dremmel and cutit out. Heck I said I'll even do it myself. But the service mgr said that would be voiding my warranty ( I call BS. How does a non electrical, non moving piece of plastic void your warranty if you poke a hole in it?)

Anyway, all this talk and they dont even know wethere they can get the Aux input .

There are two variable to this. If the AUX input on the back of our HU is just an RCA plug, we can get that from Radio Shack easily ( again, dealer said it would void my warranty if we used after market parts EVEN IF dealer install it)

Then, the parts guy thinks they are not just RCA inputs but some kind of PIN type plug.

So... in summary, I've been looking at this long and hard and dont have an answer yet because parts people in CYPRESS HQ dont have a clue either.

Sorry for the long post.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Thans for the info...
Old Jul 2, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolving Member

It doesn't void your full warranty. At best they can void your warranty only in relation to trim and other plastic interior parts tied to the dash, your radio and speakers.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

In your case jamster you are probably going to want to wait for a company like USA Spec to put out their factory Ipod integration kit which will allow you to hook your ipod up and control with the steering controls and all that.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

I did what you said, I held the CDbotton for 3 sec and mine did say AUX, thanks for your help.
Old Jul 4, 2007, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Okay I got my car for 19,800 OTD, for those who want to know.... I went to the dealership the other day and they found the Ipod cable part Number so they ordered it for me should be in monday they said. I will take some pics, and let you know how it works later on...
Old Jul 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 08Lancer89
Okay I got my car for 19,800 OTD, for those who want to know.... I went to the dealership the other day and they found the Ipod cable part Number so they ordered it for me should be in monday they said. I will take some pics, and let you know how it works later on...
If you don't have aux inputs in the lower part of your stack in the cubby it won't work. The cable is the same exact cable sold at RS for 8 bucks, fyi. Just a generic mini-DIN to L/R RCA.

I paid about 250 more out the door for my fully loaded GTS, fyi.

Quick Reply: Ipod Cable/ Hook Up???