Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

CAUTION:If you have been scammed by bttkcooled

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2007, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CAUTION:If you have been scammed by bttkcooled

*Note from EvoM staff: Please read my post below regarding this situation - CharlesJ*

This is a thread to try and resolve the transactions by "bttkcooled" aka Scott Macin

Over the last several weeks some of our members have not had their transactions satisfied by Scott, there are numerous people that are out either money or the parts that they purchased. I need everyone to step forward, and list what you bought, how you paid for it and if it was paid with paypal the transaction receipt number. Please be specific.

If some of you don't want to be a part of this action please take these steps to aid you along your way:

If any of you want to be sent to the proper authorities I can call one of my cop friends in Milwaukee, WI and hope he can give me some insight on who to contact.
First off is is to contact the FBI (http://www.ic3.gov/). I have had to use this in the past with some sour Rnr deals and they came through for me.

Next, DO NOT make any bodily harm threats or anything of that nature, thats just childish and not necessary. Let the courts decide on whats right and wrong.

I will call the MPD today and try some of my contacts there and see if they can do anything to help and I will respond back as soon as I know something. Hopefully if everything goes to plan I will have some contact information for all of you people out there.

Also a warning goes out to everyone not to come into this thread but only those who have been affected directly should reply. Peanut gallery comments such as "that sucks dude" will be removed and warnings given. Personal threats will earn a ban. These threads can fill up with garbage very quickly and destroy the original intent.

I can guarantee this thread will be closely watched throughout today and the coming days ahead. Please lets keep this civil and intelligent.

Last edited by CharlesJ; May 22, 2007 at 09:37 AM.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was ripped off $2400 by Scott 3 weeks ago, still yet to see a penny or the turbo (he is now mocking me saying he knows his laws). PM me your phone number I want to let you know what his police dept and the FBI need us to do to get justice.
Old May 22, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Who is this guy? Is he a long time member on here? What a bastard thinking he can get away with this BS.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
just call your Credit Card company and dispute the charge. They will put $ back in your account and they will hunt him down.
Old May 22, 2007, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

bump for you, more members should be aware of things like this
did you use paypal to pay him? if so can't you resolve it w/ paypal?
Old May 22, 2007, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

I made an attempt to purchase some lowering seat brackets from Scott Machin as well.

I posted in a thread inquirying about these and he sent me a PM saying he could make them because he was machinist and he makes them in his spare time and would send them out ASAP after I paid. Delay after delay after delay.......After 2 months of his BS'ing saying that "the machine shop messed up the welds" to "They are done but not powder coated" to "they still arent right and going to look for another machine shop" I was fed up to say the least! I even seen him at a track rental here in Ohio for a bunch of Pontiac's that I went to to watch my buddy race and he told me "if I knew you were gonna be here I woulda brought the brackets." How the hell could you bring them if they arent done?

After failed attempts to get him to reply on here I called him directly and left a voicemail that I was a bit Po'd and wanted my money back NOW! I filed a dispute with paypal against him for a refund. He did return my phone call and also gave me the $50 refund within 10min of me calling him. I am happy on that end but I do feel he is a big time BS'er and feel sorry for anyone else who he screwed.

Nez can vouch on this situation as well.

Good luck with the refunds guys!
Old May 22, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

There is possibly much more to this story than meets the eye. We are in contact with Scott who asked to talk with me on the phone to clear things up and get things back in order. He shows interest in getting the complaints resolved and we are working with him. If you have a complaint from a sale ON THIS SITE, please contact me. He informed me of three that all happened at the same time, two of which should be cleared up in the next few days, and the other one shortly there after.
Old May 22, 2007, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Pursue this to the fullest extent of the law and make an example out of him. This kind of stuff hurts everybody who buy and sells via private party on EvoM.
Old May 22, 2007, 02:58 PM

he owes me $600 for wheels that were never shipped. we had both agreed that he would refund my payment, but that phone converstion (at 12:30 in the morning) ended up with him hanging up on me and then followed by a text message calling me a "moron". something needs to be done, so a few years down the road when he joins another forum he won't cheat anyone else out of their money.

dryad001, you have a pm

Last edited by evodude77; May 22, 2007 at 02:59 PM. Reason: add a pm message
Old May 22, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Got it, thanks for the info. I have started a separate file for just this situation. You are not the only ones he's ripping off.

He supposedly is scheming that his step brother stole his identity and is in jail for it now but WCCA didn't bring up the name at all. There is more to this story...

I have contacted my cousin at Milwaukee Police Dept. He is going to be getting a hold of mw when he finds out what city he lives in and then you will have to call that Police Dept (I think it's Random Lake, WI) and file a small claims report or a internet fraud report. My adivse is talk with someone of importance at the police dept. Don't deal with a regular officer, ask for a detective or a captain.
Old May 22, 2007, 03:58 PM

i actually just got off the phone with the Sheboygan Falls Police Department (920-467-7902) and they told me i will have to file a police report with my local police department in Cleveland, Ohio. Nevertheless, actions will be taken.
Old May 22, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolved Member

Remember to go through the FBI as well.

http://www.ic3.gov/
Old May 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

edit

Last edited by App420; May 22, 2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old May 22, 2007, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

I already went to IC3 as well as Secret Service internet crimes division. I am waiting on my fathers contact in the FBI, hopefully he knows someone that can escalate this.

Charles the intervention is greatly appreciated, but its not going to give any relief. He has been promising refunds to all of us for over 3 weeks, and was clearly breaking forum rules by selling the same items to different members. He offered to sell me AEM Stand Alone, UICP and Tial, which he had already sold to another member. At that time he had sent a fake package to throw of the person who bought the AEM and UICP. You are correct, and there is more then meets the eye.
Old May 22, 2007, 05:28 PM

can the mods please lock this thread that still has the wheels for sale as well? thanks..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=270066

Last edited by evodude77; May 22, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: CAUTION:If you have been scammed by bttkcooled