Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

NW DSM meet in seattle @ hotm import nights

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NW DSM meet in seattle @ hotm import nights

hey everyone. i am working on getting a meet together for DSMs at seattle's Hot Import Nights on 8/4/07 (saturday)

i am a member of the ASEC group (avengers/sebrings) and i was working on getting this meet together with those guys. but as of right now it looks like we only got 4-5 people serious about it. i want to get all the DSMs i could to make this a rather big meet. so that means all dsm eclipse and evo and the srt4 guys since we all use simmilar engines and what not. i also have some confirmed 3g eclipses from other forums and one srt4 guy so everyone is welcome to join. i even have a guy from canada and oregon interested. even if your not in the seattle area u can still make the trip. if we get enough people interested we can have a BBQ as well. i saw the VW GTG in smammish and there were some 300 cars there... it was nuts. so i would be cool to at least get a decent sized meet together.

the plan is to have it during the day in seattle (maybe in the expo center parking lot) we could hang out there for a bit and then go to Hot Import Nights right down stairs. so if anyone would like to join us please post up and then when i have more finite details ill send out PMs

if you are planning on showing your car let me know cuz i am sure i can find someone willing to buy your other ticket off you. if you would like to join us please contact so i can send you the full details and keep you up to date.

hope to see some of you guys out there this summer!
Old May 10, 2007, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
FYI, the name NWDSM has been a BBS and then forum since like forever. I realise that you mean DSM's in the NW but you may want to change the name lest some of the OG-NWDSMers see this and scoff at a 3G.
Old May 10, 2007, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i was out west, i would be there!.. but.. im not... i am however considering going to HIN in philly this weekend!!! yeaaaaaaa
Old May 11, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

We are putting together a Chuckanut Run before HIN over at www.mirageforums.net, We have a few members from over here that are going. Feel free to check it out. Its open to anyone who wants to come.
Old May 11, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

hey man i go to school in B-Ham so i would be down do the run with ya if its ealy enough in the day since i am kinda running the DSM meet.

but i got a guy comeing down from canada for the meet so i could have him join us as well.

i think it would be kool if us northern guys did the chuckrun and then go to the meet and from there the car show. if we could do the chuck run about 4-430 ish we could be down int he seattle area around 530-6 and start the BBQ from there then head over to the show.

one your forum toss them a link to this theard so they can check it out and if we could all get this together that would be awsome.

i am currently working on making a website for the meet. once that is up and running ill stop by your forum and drop a link to it. the site will have a forum and a guestbook so we can keep track of all who are coming and discuss thing like the BBQ and other details/ideas

we got some where between 10-15 people already saying they are in and we sttll have 3 months, so spread the word everyone and lets have a kick *** meet.

Originally Posted by Mirage4g93
We are putting together a Chuckanut Run before HIN over at www.mirageforums.net, We have a few members from over here that are going. Feel free to check it out. Its open to anyone who wants to come.
Old May 16, 2007, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Shoot we were thinking more like 11 or so to do the run cause we gotta drive up from Seattle so round trip is about 4 hours for us.
Old May 16, 2007, 06:49 PM

Talking

I would be down.. I don;t know if my EVO will be in HIN this year so I might be driving that over to Seattle from Spokane or maybe the 4G Eclipse... Moving to Spokane the End of the Month!
Old May 16, 2007, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Also NW Evos plan to have NW evos Rep in H.I.N car show.. Im might to put mine in HIN if i got all Complets
Old May 17, 2007, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BABYEVO 8
I would be down.. I don;t know if my EVO will be in HIN this year so I might be driving that over to Seattle from Spokane or maybe the 4G Eclipse... Moving to Spokane the End of the Month!

You should caravan over with us on Friday. We make a party out of it. Usually get there and go out into seattle and do something. Than Saturday we will be goin out for our Run up to the border and back.
Old May 20, 2007, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

HIN doesnt start till8... so why would you need to do the chuck run at 11?

and then after we will have the meet and BBQ for dinner

i am still working on the site but i hope to have it up on the next few weeks

Originally Posted by Mirage4g93
Shoot we were thinking more like 11 or so to do the run cause we gotta drive up from Seattle so round trip is about 4 hours for us.
Old May 21, 2007, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
HIN starts at 5 even though I will admit that I like to roll in around 6-7 since by then the initial traffic jam into the show has quieted down (you do miss a lot of the early giveways though).
Old May 21, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

yes but the gogo dancers and drunk girls dont show til later. either way that is the plan... have the meet at 5 for the bbq and then head over to the show after. so we will be there about 7ish

so that is why we should have the chuck run at like 330 it donest take more then and hour and a half to get from bellingham to seattle. how ever even on a saturday there might be a lil traffic through evertt so to play it safe do the chuck run at 3.
Old May 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
Evolving Member

o yea i fogot to say. i got a euro crew that wants to join us for the chuck run. a few S4s and a R32 as of now... and maybe a E30 M3 so the chuck run should be a blast
Old May 23, 2007, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Coordinating a big group to eat also takes awhile. If the Chuckanut run starts at 11 that puts us back in seattle around 3:30. Figure 2 hours for food, depending on how many people there are and if we BBQ. Than time to drive to the show and Park,wait in line. I figure that puts us inside around 6ish.
Old May 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

so the schedual right now as it stands for what we had planned. meet at 3 in ralley point in B-ham. leave at 3:30 so we have a few min for meet and greet and let the stragies roll in. be at the BBQ point (might be my place or the park) at 5:30 head out around 7-7:30 to HIN be there at 7:30-8 and leave HIN at 930-10.

but i think we were getting each other wrong... i was talking about leaving bham at 330 since you are from spokane i think your saying your going to go up it then back down. and if that is the case then yes it will take you 4 hours to go from seattle up to b-ham and back down. if that is the case i think what would be best to plan this out for all of us is for you guys to meet up with us after you go up in bellingham and then we can all head back down together and we could compromise on the time like say meet in bellingham at 2? because you will be there around 1 leaving from seattle at 11. so basically we could both give up an hour... you leave seattle at 12 instead of 11 and we would meet in bellingham at 2 instead of 3... sound good? that way we could all have a nice be group going back down... would be fun.

ok the site is coming alot i hope to have it polished up by next weekend so that we can get everyone together from all the different communities to one place and chat about what we are going to do.

here is the fist banner for the site. and more to come as well as a flyer that we are making that can be printed out and given to other people you might run into on tehstreet between now and the meet.

Last edited by fjm9898; May 25, 2007 at 10:38 AM.

Quick Reply: NW DSM meet in seattle @ hotm import nights