Notices
Future Lancer / Evo Models Discuss any rumors and/or news concerning future Lancer and Evolution models in here.

EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread

EVO IX-

EVO X-

EVO IX-

EVO X-

EVO IX-

EVO X-

EVO IX-

EVO X-

EVO IX-

EVO X-

What do you think? Opinions please?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Well, it looks like a huge improvement in all areas interior especially. (Except for the huge Mitsu emblem on the steering wheel). I like how they decided against the rounded fender flares, and went with the existing edgy ones. This brings continuity from the IX, and reminds you that this part of the Evo legacy. I'm sure it's going to be a great car, but I don't plan on trading my IX for it. After I pay my car off in a few years, I'll get a XI. I'll let Mitsu work the bugs out of this new platform, and wait for aftermarket and knowledge to build.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:43 AM
Evolving Member

I think it looks great, very futuristic, but looking at them side-by-side i notice that the X's front end looks too soft, compared to the IX... i guess im used to my IX so i think that aggressive look is just awesome. Im also not liking the whole transmission thing... its a great idea for sharp smooth shifts... but what about the infamous evo launch? Im not sure how its going to work out without the clutch, maybe they will put a 2-step launch option somehow...

The interior is amazing... those amber lights running around the whole dash and door panels is just sick.... Almost hurts your eyes. I also am liking the steering wheel with the cruise control and the active yaw control(?wtf?) the stuff just looks insane, and a ton of fun

I would get one, im just afraid they are gonna be 40K+...+I <3 my IXMR

Travis
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sschmuve1
Well, it looks like a huge improvement in all areas interior especially. (Except for the huge Mitsu emblem on the steering wheel). I like how they decided against the rounded fender flares, and went with the existing edgy ones. This brings continuity from the IX, and reminds you that this part of the Evo legacy. I'm sure it's going to be a great car, but I don't plan on trading my IX for it. After I pay my car off in a few years, I'll get a XI. I'll let Mitsu work the bugs out of this new platform, and wait for aftermarket and knowledge to build.
+1 on the ugly huge mitsu emblem on the wheel.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHAT NO NAVI?
doesn't look like you can upgrade the radio
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

I actually prefer the IX body better. Call me old fashioned...

I guess I was expecting them to adhere a little more closely to the concept drawing that had been surfacing in the past. I realize that they are merely "concept" drawing.

I'm sure that there will be a large embrace of the new styling. I'm curious to see performance reviews and how it compares to the IX platform. I have a feeling that even though the car may be able to boast higher HP numbers, it might lose some of the rawness that the Evo has been known for.

Things have to change, I know..... I'm glad I bought my IX when I did though...

Tony
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

i dont like it at all its a cool looking car but not really my style
Old Jan 9, 2007, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
one thing i cant seem to keep my eyes off of is the evo X shift knob. i love that thing. looks like it will fit the evo 8/9 to.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 07:55 AM

i think the look of X is better than IX in every way expect the front view.
i can't get pass that big /===\ mouth!!!
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

I think its hot...
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

The ten looks better in every which way, will perform better in every which way, and will be a better car.

Our car is called the evolution for a reason. Mitsubishi designed this car from the onset to be one of if not the greatest sports car bargains there is (0-60/top speed/skidpad numbers/slalom numbers to price ratio).

Without a doubt this car will have its quirks and not be perfect, but **** its gunna be good.

Scorke
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

The X looks damn nice from the back, but I think they could have done better side or front profiles for the car. Overall I like it.

However, I don't like the fitted radio. It looks like that entire part of the dash will have to be replaced just to remove that radio and fit a standard DIN one. I hope they have options for nav, XM/sirius, etc.

Also, will there be an MR? I am wondering if the sequential gearbox option will be on the MR trim, if there is going to be an MR trim. Are these Enkei wheels?

Loving the climate control. Is that a stopwatch in the centre of the dash above the radio?
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

the IX looks way more real life, this X is still too far from production to tell. I think that the interior is nice, but I really dont like the automatic stick shift = paddle shifters, it is just a tiptronic installed on your steering wheel - nothing close to a real F1 paddle shifter.

The front end of the X looks nasty and so does its rear end. I am only impressed by the hp gains and the seats are not very appealing. Overall I am happy with my IX and I am pretty sure that I wont want to trade it anytime soon.
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Nice ! Looks more refined. What a welcome change.

The Evolution will evolve once again !
Old Jan 9, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

i love it. i want one. might be my next daily driver

Quick Reply: EVO X vs. EVO IX Photo Comparison thread