Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Wanna see an Evo or STi on Horsepower TV?
The Evo makes SICK Power and shoud have been on Horsepower TV
43.59%
An Evo or STi would be awesome on Horsepower TV
35.04%
Horsepower TV is a show with NO class and NEEDS to feature an Evo or STi
1.71%
Horsepower TV will always be Old School with out hope.
19.66%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Wanna see an Evo or STi on Horsepower TV?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by superflyevo
e mail sent
Originally Posted by johnny
e mail sent
Thanks for the help guys,
Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

I remember the civic episode when they changed the clutch and they disconnected the tranny and left it fall off the the engine about 2 feet to the ground. ouch. the whole powerblock sucks now, the Trucks guy is gone and all the other shows either have a mustang,camaro, or charger on. their shops r way to clean for me.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah the new Trucks! guys suck. Muscle Car isn't too bad though. That one guy has some mad painting skills.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Make a sick evo. period.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

I would really love to see an Evo or STi get overhauled on OVERHAULIN'
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/ov...verhaulin.html
A Chip Foose designed Evo or STi would rock the house!!!
Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

I would be scared to give them an evo...they would torture it....if not done properly...
Old Jul 1, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Man iw ould like to see any of those show not be a repeat. Everytime i watch them its some old stuff i have seen before. Imports would be nice on there. Is that nopi tv on anymore, at least they had so racing on there
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolution_racer
Yeah the new Trucks! guys suck.
They are going down hill BIG TIME.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

I think it would have gone better if they didnt use the civic to test out the import audience, most people that dont own a civic, hate it. If they picked anything else, toyota, mitsu, nissan, mazda, etc. it prolly would have gone better.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 12:15 PM

Any of you guys remember Super 2nr TV. I think that was on the same channel. It was super street's little show with those weird German twins. So I hope in the future they will get a new better show for guys like use. Unless you have speed channel, then your set. You get red line TV, and those other like 3 or 4 shows I can't remember the name of.... y can't I think of them!
BTW: sorry if this came
Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

oh yeah, what is the show where 2 teams each get an import, and they have to upgrade the looks, engine, and suspension in a certain amount of time? I remember they did one with a skyline and an R32 or something. Thats kind of a tuner show and its still on i think.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

I voted they will always be oldskool. Reason why? Because Muscle heads do not have enough sense to know when they are not being cared about nor watched. They will live andbe cancelled with their Camaro's and Mustang's .

I say screw them. If they are not smart enough to realize the potential in creating a monster thru a Supra , EVO , Or STi then they should be cancelled. We need to get rid of that type of show on TV anyway. all it does is provoke rednecks into beleiving that those cars are the only things that make power.

Thats prolly the reason they feel the way they do about those cars is because no one has ever showed them what an IRON block FOur banger can do under 30 pounds of pressure
Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by drucea
oh yeah, what is the show where 2 teams each get an import, and they have to upgrade the looks, engine, and suspension in a certain amount of time? I remember they did one with a skyline and an R32 or something. Thats kind of a tuner show and its still on i think.
Street tuner challenge?
If that's it there's a new one now with a GTI, 05 stang GT and a Honda Fit.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:02 PM
Fomer Vendor

Originally Posted by drucea
There was a show called Street Tuner Challenge, maybe thats what you thinking of. It had a Skyline, Jetta(lame) and a Cobalt(lamer). Contest was based on power, looks and racing(timed lap). That show was alright, it was cool to watch the Skyline get built up, the Cobalt got turned in to a full race car(they had Chevy backing them, unlimited resources), and the Jetta was just boring, it was automatic, slow, no point.

Now that I think about it, I think there was a show where they would get a car, 2 teams, and have to build it up. I can't really remember it, not even any of the cars on it. Maybe a 240sx in one of the episodes.

Any one seen this show, they did an Evo, http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._17836,00.html

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/shows_..._40561,00.html
Old Jul 2, 2006, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

i would definetly like see an evo on it, but most the car shows on spike and tlc only show american muscle. if only they would think of the ratings they would have if they had some imports on their once and a while.