Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Wanna see an Evo or STi on Horsepower TV?
The Evo makes SICK Power and shoud have been on Horsepower TV
43.59%
An Evo or STi would be awesome on Horsepower TV
35.04%
Horsepower TV is a show with NO class and NEEDS to feature an Evo or STi
1.71%
Horsepower TV will always be Old School with out hope.
19.66%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Wanna see an Evo or STi on Horsepower TV?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanna see an Evo or STi on Horsepower TV?

I have been enjoying the Horsepower TV show very long time and I really like the projects involving Force Induction. But lately I am getting sick of Horsepower TV!!! http://www.horsepowertv.com/

Its always the same old cars, Mustang this, Z28 or SS that.

So, I’ve been wondering if any of you, who watch the show feel the same?

I was almost excited to see, just where the show was going when they did the “Budget Honda”. It was a low starting point, in the Sport Compact world, but a start nun the less.

What happened after that? NOTHING.

I’m tired of having to wait for the BBC’s rerun shows of TOP GEAR or 5th Gear to see an Evo or WRX STi on TV.

The Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, IX, and Subaru WRX – STi here in the US make just as much horse power, if not more then GM, FORD, and Chrysler’ N/A V8s, at least in my personal opinion.

So if you feel the same as I, and you too would like to see a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, IX, or Subaru WRX – STi on HORSEPOWER TV.

Please copy…

“I would like to see a Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, IX, or Subaru WRX – STi featured on HORSEPOWER TV”.

On an Email to “RTM Productions”
Email:
info@horsepowertv.com

Thank you

John
Old Jul 1, 2006, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

They're a muscle car show. We should have one just for Sports Compact Cars/Import Tuner Show. Nothing Riced out of course. Interview Burshur, Dynoflash, AMS, TurboTrix, etc. You get the point.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

e mail sent
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
They're a muscle car show. We should have one just for Sports Compact Cars/Import Tuner Show. Nothing Riced out of course. Interview Burshur, Dynoflash, AMS, TurboTrix, etc. You get the point.
In my Email to "HP TV" I told them all about Burshur, Dynoflash, AMS, TurboTrix, Ivy, Vishnu, etc and some of the monster HP #s they have produced.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

actually one time, they actually fixed up a civic Was really bad tho
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

good idea..and yes they are a muscle car show and they DO NOT CHANGE
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I saw that episode where they fixed up a civic, it was ok, nothing out of the ordinary, but I think they did in attempts to import people off their backs. Sad attempt I say. At least do a supra or something.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

IIRC, there used to be an import show on that channel a couple of years back...it didn't last long.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, they are gauged towards American Muscle cars. They used to be Hod Rod T.V. and alot of their former viewers were domestic car oriented also.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

its a muscle car show and I love the projects they do on it. they should keep it that way. If I wanted to see imports I would watch trick it out on diy or tuner transformation (yes I know the show sucks) on speed.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i think they did a WRX or STI on tunervision, but they made it a sleeper and removed the hood scoop and the spoiler and the guy was pissed. But they did add some nice power and suspension to it.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

The point is that they are called Horsepower TV, Not Hot Rod TV, American Muscle TV, Muscle Car TV, etc. Then you have the fact that they did “Budget Honda” that episode where they pumped up a civic with a CAI, Cat-Back-Exhaust with a 35 shot of N.O.S. Then gave it some coil-over suspension, brakes, rims and tires for show.

I'm sorry but a Honda Civic is not what I call a great Spokes Model for import power.
We are in a ballpark of our own and this is about recognition owed to the DSM, Evo, and WRX / STi community.

Tuner Transformation, PimpMyRide, Import Tuners, and the rest of the LIKE shows portray that RICER Image that brings the rest of us down.

That’s why I posted this thread. To get us on Horsepower TV and some of that recognition.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe they should try to get an AWD segment, for Evos, STIs, TSIs, GSXs, R32s and what not. Get some rarer cars on there. and at least with that import tuner and stuff, they at least do engine work, rather than pimp my ride, where on that 240sx, they simply put a light up cover around his ****ty crumpled up air filter.
Old Jul 1, 2006, 01:57 PM

e mail sent
Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

They gear the show towards their viewers. I'm sure if most of the viewers of HP TV we're import guys (which they're not) then they would have more imports on there. The Honda was a test to see if they could attract that crowd to the show and obviously it didn't or else they'd have more of those types of cars. They could've definitely picked a diff car to do though....