Notices
ECU Flash

Injector scaling and latecy for different injectors.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2006, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injector scaling and latecy for different injectors.

Posting my AFR- proven values for 780CC PTE INJECTORS.
I U made your scalings (AND PROVED THEM ON WIDEBAND AFR) for different ones -post them here.

Injectors Delfi? Prescision labeled injectors-780 cc.
Injector scailing :609!
Battery voltage Latency:
(stock)
No other tables touched .Stock-like idle.
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

good stuff, thanks
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

have you done a pull on this setting ??

Don't understand the portion on the AFR proven ?? you mean to say the AFR matches the readings by setting injector size to 608 ??

Thanks .. I believe the delphi injectors have different latency times
Its in the AEM software under Holley injectors ..
Old Jun 24, 2006, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

It is easy to make it idle like stock with overly rich condition. If you set it like that, you will get a good idle but you are overly rich every where over 2000 rpm with that setting
Old Jun 24, 2006, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by taenaive
It is easy to make it idle like stock with overly rich condition. If you set it like that, you will get a good idle but you are overly rich every where over 2000 rpm with that setting

yep .. that's why I understand ..
I use 680 scaling with a piggyback for 750cc.. and it gets richer as the rpm increases ..

Different equipment .. but the idea is still there ..

This is the JDM Evo injector latency

got this out from the ralliart ecu
Old Jun 25, 2006, 06:38 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What happens with big injectors is scaling reduces the duty cycle at idle, significantly enough to swing between rich and lean very quickly.. Plus with very short duties, the latency of the injector becomes a factor at idle, since a small injector with 1% duty, would be .5% on an injector twice that size, but the difference in the mass of the injector its design, would produce additional latency, so you need to increase the duty slightly to compensate for it..

You never scale your injectors to be "perfectly sized" you always scale to be slightly smaller than their rated size, on my car, I would get my cruise fuel trims in check with the scaling, then get the idle fuel trims in check with the Voltage Latency settings.. That should put you at the right scaling.. (It should be roughly 15-25% smaller than the rated size of the injector FWIW)
Old Jun 25, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gunzo
yep .. that's why I understand ..
I use 680 scaling with a piggyback for 750cc.. and it gets richer as the rpm increases ..

Different equipment .. but the idea is still there ..

This is the JDM Evo injector latency

got this out from the ralliart ecu
wow, that is good info on ralliart ecu. you should post entire hex file. it will be very interesting how ralliart ecu maps things.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 01:26 AM

I got few PM's about how i got it

AFR proven- I mean Air Fuiel Ratio proven.

I mesured mixture with wideband LM1 on idle and under load.

Usefull tip: put Min Coolant Temp For Closed Toop extremly high to disable closed loop while measuring mixture on idle.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 07:31 AM
EvoM Guru

I actually can trigger open loop fuel control by flipping a switch to my front 02 sensor.. Doesn't require a reflash but allows me to play with settings until I can get what I need.. The problem with altering the coolant temp setting is the off posssibility that it can trigger an enrichment (choke) mode for extreme conditions.. I'm sure it works though, just for me flipping a switch quickly lets me play with this stuff while taking notes without having to do one or two extra reflashes..
Old Jun 28, 2006, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Question Are you sure Malibu

I always thought that disconnecting the front O2 sensor automatically caused the car to go in open loop mode.....but it also forced all of the trims to maximum value (as a safety precaution). Therefore, this may not produce the specific result that you are looking for.

What about the high load and low load tables. Is this not the TPS value that results in the switchover between open and closed loop? Just a thought

HiVolt
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:17 AM
EvoM Guru

If the trims reset, it resets to 0%, the only time I force open loop like that is to rough in the idle and part throttle cruise cells, coolant temp has a bigger impact on enrichment.. but regardless its one of the few ways to force it into open loop mode when the car is at operating temp so you can get your fuel maps roughed in (and injector scaling and latency)

There *ARE* MUT protocol requests to switch modes on and off while the car is running, I don't know that their functionally supported in the standard OBD-II protocol, but that is the best way to do it if you can figure it out.

You sometimes need to run open loop to perform some tests and make some rough adjustment..

I just have too many concurrent changes going on with my car to really get too much data at this point, I just want to put it together and get it running.. So I'll post more specifics once I have time to actually test different parameters (once my car is running again)

Last edited by MalibuJack; Jun 28, 2006 at 08:20 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Best IMO is to datalog STFT at idle and cruising.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Running the car in open loop at all times it acutally relatively easy, all it takes are some adjustment to the load and throttle values and your set to go.

I actually keep my car at open loop at idle to keep the cams happy. haven't tried it across the entire rpm range but i might have to to see if i can't get a few extra mpg out of the car.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Yep thats how I would normally do it... However there are times where its necessary to force open loop to test something, especially when your trying to get your scaling and compensation for injectors down and find quirks in your MAF curve (remember I have an aftermarket MAF setup)

Most of the time I would rely on watching fuel trims..
Old Jun 30, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Sorry but whats STFT?

Im havin a little problem of crusing @ 70mph my A/F's will drop to 11s sometimes 10's when I give it like 30% fuel. I have 780s and fuel scaled to 585 i guess I need to go up. Only prob is the car idles rough. 18-19 on A/F. Do I need to try setting the voltage up or down?

Quick Reply: Injector scaling and latecy for different injectors.