Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?

Hey,

I've owned an Evo VIII until today, I traded it in for an Evo IX MR. I bought a HKS BOV for my otherwise stock Evo VIII and ended up reinstalling the stock BOV because of the idle/stalling problems.

I like the sound but don't want to risk the same problems with my new Evo. I've heard good things about other BOVs like Greddy but I've also read that this is a common problem with the MAF setup. Without modifying the intake, what are my options?

Thanks
Jason

Last edited by evo jason; Mar 5, 2006 at 08:07 AM.
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

the ix comes with a jdm bov!!!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why are you even asking? As eling said, yo ualready have an awesome BOV on your IX. Even if you didn't have the awesome JDM MR DV, why would you think of getting a BOV on a stock Evo? That's just senseless. Do you even know what the purpose of a BOV is? I can assure you the purpose is not to make noise....
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Do you even know what the purpose of a BOV is? I can assure you the purpose is not to make noise....
But he would like it to make some noise, I think he has the ricer spirit in him...
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

I can assure you the purpose is not to make noise....
no?
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Why are you even asking? As eling said, yo ualready have an awesome BOV on your IX. Even if you didn't have the awesome JDM MR DV, why would you think of getting a BOV on a stock Evo? That's just senseless. Do you even know what the purpose of a BOV is? I can assure you the purpose is not to make noise....

Warr, I agree with you. I just want to clarify the difference between a "BOV" and a "CBV". I've seen a lot of people calling a compressor bypass valve a blow off valve. I'm not trying to one-up you but I hate seeing people calling a JDM VIII/USDM IX valve a "BOV". No offense, but it can breed ignorance.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

We've been referring to them as BOVs for over 10 years, so there's no need to mention it other than for educational purposes. People have no idea what a CBV is or a DV half the time, so "BOV" is what it is.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
We've been referring to them as BOVs for over 10 years, so there's no need to mention it other than for educational purposes. People have no idea what a CBV is or a DV half the time, so "BOV" is what it is.
Yep.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

How can you have a turbo car without wanting the "PSHHH!!" when you shift. Yep, initialDRacer nailed it. Call it a BOV, CBV, it doesn't matter. I just want to know if you can get the noise without causing these same problems and without switching out the intake.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo jason
How can you have a turbo car without wanting the "PSHHH!!" when you shift. Yep, initialDRacer nailed it. Call it a BOV, CBV, it doesn't matter. I just want to know if you can get the noise without causing these same problems and without switching out the intake.
I am getting really sick and tired of your crappy attitude Warrtalon. i said it before and i will say it again, it is not your place or job to determine what people like or want. you do not have to read these threads and you really should start thinking about being a bit more civil in your posts. the guy wants to hear his car make a "PSHHH!!!" sound and that is his right. unless you are paying for his car OR own this webiste, i highly recommand that you cool it with your crap.

thanks

Blonde

Last edited by blonde; Mar 13, 2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Then you are not worth our time. You are a disgrace to the Evo community. I'm disgusted.
LOL. Wow thats harsh but very much needed. Evo Jason, if you wanna here the noise but benefit fromit at the same time. Get an intake and a flash for your setup. It'll give you a woosh but hopefully do more good than nothingness.
Old Mar 5, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

well, theres really no need to be rude to the guy... some people want to be noisy

http://www.worksevo.com/store/produc...products_id=34

i think its a terrible waste of money, but hey its your buck...
Old Mar 5, 2006, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

just get a filter and pshhh all you want
Old Mar 5, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Then you are not worth our time. You are a disgrace to the Evo community. I'm disgusted.
Sounds like you have some misdirected hostility. Damn you showed me up real quick. You must be mad because I live in California. Oh maybe it's just because my Evo is newer? Hmm...

Last edited by evo jason; Mar 5, 2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2006, 08:37 PM
Evolving Member

At the risk of being flamed by Warrtalon again for asking an honest question...

I am looking at the Buschur Racing Stage 1 setup. Does anyone know if this intake makes the BOV audible?

Quick Reply: My new Evo IX, aftermarker BOV?