Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ultimate Street Evo? 512 Tq stock turbo IX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ultimate Street Evo? 512 Tq stock turbo IX

Just finished the alcohol tune on pump gas on what has to be the ultimate street machine I have ever driven

This car is beyond description as far as the driving sensation

Very limited mods and a huge driveability and streetability factor along with a big blast of down low tq and amazing spool up

Honestly I have not before driven a car quite like this one

For something you drive about all the time on pump gas this will give you a 100% stock like experince with totally stock idle until you nail the gas then its game over

Here is what Dan at Pruven had to say when they originally finished the car a few days ago

Just wanted to share some exciting information about an Evo IX that we are working on here at the shop. First off let me explain that the customer wanted to build an ultimate street Evo that can be driven everyday and even on long trips from NY to FL. We gave some suggestions and this is what we came up with....

We decided to stroke the motor along with some other minor supporting modifications to take advantage of the new Mivec head and new turbo. First we tore down the motor completely and wanted to see the exact difference between the Evo8 and the Evo IX motors. I won't bore you with all the details, but let's just say there are plenty of differneces. Even the spark plugs are a different size!

Anyway, some of the minor modifications:

HKS exhaust
HKS Twin Fire Ignition
HKS Intercooler
HKS SSBOV
HKS Downpipe
HKS Intake
HKS 272 exhaust cam
Forge boost controller
Walboro Fuel pump
680cc injectors

Pruven Stoker Motor:
Balanced and bluprinted 2.3 liter
Balance shaft removal
Pruven Pistons
Manley rods
Mitsubishi crank

Dynoflash custom tune

We also left the stock cat as to keep the car 100% emmissions legal. Let me tell you what an unbeleiveavle carthis has turned out to be. I almost never post on here, but the car came out so good that I had to share this experience with you all. We got the car running this past Wednesday and were unable to get the car completly tuned due to time constaraints. One thing I'd like to mention is that for a car with injectors and a cam, this car idles like stock. You couldn't tell this car has any major modifications done to it especially with the nice and low toned HKS exhaust.
Al from Dynoflash was going away on Thursday and was not coming back until today. So we get the car back on the dyno and all I can say is this car is unreal. We started with low boost and we making some nice torque numbers, somewhere in the 370 range with only 18 psi on pump gas. The horsepower was somewhere around 330. As Al from dynoflash was flashing the ECU we were gaining more and more power. Once we peaked out on the pump gas, we decided to put in the race fuel. We didn't really expect much since he has his factory cat still but were amazed at the levels of torque the car was achieving at a mere 26 psi on the stock turbo.

We are done dynoing for the evening, but tomorrow, for testing purposes only we will be dropping the exhaust to see what kind of horsepower numbers the carwill make. I'm not too sure the car will make much more torque since the at the wheel numbers were insane, but I do believe by taking the cat off, for testing purposes, we will break the 400 at the wheel mark!

By the way, the final numbers were, (and these are at the wheels) 375 HP and 490 torque! Just for fun we compared the graphs of a modified Viper (10 cyl) vs this Evo IX and they were dead equal in their torque. This Evo is an absolute monster. After we pulled it off the dyno, I drove it through the parking lot to do a test run and all I can say is this car drives like a Viper.
Since then we added a retune with a SMC alcohol kit and a test pipe and you can see the results were impressive

The tiny stock turbo is maxed out and I am going to suggest the BR IX 20G upgrade to the customer of he may go with a Full Race 35R kit - - maybe he will just leave it the way it is and have a blast ?

Peak power at 4,000 is a great feeling

I would just like to add as a personal note that I have been working super hard on my IX Dyno Flash for several long months of frustrating trial and error and its great to have such a wonderful customer willing to take such drastic mod steps with a new car so I have a chance to show case how this new product can work.

Last edited by DynoFlash; Jan 12, 2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

wow..thats sick...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HOLY S H I T!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time to trade to a IX
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

that tq would scare me lol
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

AL still waiting to hear from you on some figures for this setup

its sounds ****ing great

would like to get this setup on mine so lets see what we can do to get the ball rolling

maybe redirect me to pruven would help

thanks
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much boost was this at Al?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Whats the story with the cam? Any power extracted?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

thats sick
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Oh wow, 512 Tq on the stock turbo...Insane.

Originally Posted by Doogie Howser
Whats the story with the cam? Any power extracted?
+1, I am also intersted to know this.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:17 PM
Evolving Member

this is a description of my dream car. absolutely perfect.

strike
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like a lota fun on the street! Also I like that there are around 500 ft lbs. available by 3500rpms. If I were a auto crosser, this is the way I would go.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

dude....i am in all. i dont even know what to say. 512 awt. thats just insane.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

I didn't want to trade in my WW Evo, But Now I think I am going to, Then I will have a TB, Yay, This is real awesome, and its from the stock turbo
Old Jan 12, 2006, 04:44 PM
Account Disabled

The stock turbo is bascially maxed out at just over 400 whp with the stock fmic upper pipe and the relavtively restrictive HKS cat back and neck down. Also the stock intake cam and head porting is still in place.

A few minor mods may free up another 20 or so whp or so on the top end

However, the customer is directing us to swap out this stock turbo and go for a GT35 R - apparently he is into high speed and top end driving

The next chapter of this build up will be interesting

Myself personally - I would not touch this car - I love this machine, but the customer wants even more power
Old Jan 12, 2006, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
The stock turbo is bascially maxed out at just over 400 whp with the stock fmic upper pipe and the relavtively restrictive HKS cat back and neck down. Also the stock intake cam and head porting is still in place.

A few minor mods may free up another 20 or so whp or so on the top end

However, the customer is directing us to swap out this stock turbo and go for a GT35 R - apparently he is into high speed and top end driving

The next chapter of this build up will be interesting

Myself personally - I would not touch this car - I love this machine, but the customer wants even more power

Ugh, talk him out of it Al. If anything get him into the 20g.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Street Evo? 512 Tq stock turbo IX