Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Owned 2 Evo's before, just purchased new 05 Sti. My impressions.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Owned 2 Evo's before, just purchased new 05 Sti. My impressions.

I will probably get flamed but hear me out here. I owend 2 Evo's, a 2004 VIII and a 2005 RS. I loved both cars to death but they were spendy. I got a great deal on a brand new 05 Sti being its the end of the year and all. Let me tell you I have more fun driving the Sti then I did in the Evo. I love all the power that comes on so early in the sti. I feels like it comes on stronger then the Evo as well and this is because of the Displacement I am sure. The interior and features are great in the sti. About 100 X better then the Evo's. Steering and handeling were a little better in my Evo's but the Sti isnt far behind. Both car look great but I feel the sti is a little better build quality. The stock engine sounds amazing too. Top end isnt bad in the sti like people make it out to be although the Evo's top end has a little edge to it, the Sti has all the power everywhere else. The Sti is much easier to launch as well. Overall both great cars but even no the Sti is more expensive then your basic Evo, you get more for your money. I Love both cars for what they are.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

I've noticed that the STI seems easier to launch as well. The clutch has a very different feeling to it.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

No one should flame you for your opinions, as I'm sure most of us were torn between the STI and Evo in the beginning. I've never driven an STI, but my decision was based purely on cash and modding. The general rule most of the guys state is that if you are keeping it stock, then get an STI, if you are modding, get an Evo.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
No one should flame you for your opinions, as I'm sure most of us were torn between the STI and Evo in the beginning. I've never driven an STI, but my decision was based purely on cash and modding. The general rule most of the guys state is that if you are keeping it stock, then get an STI, if you are modding, get an Evo.

And Im not going to be modding which is one of the reason I looked into the Sti
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Never got to drive the STI either but besides performance I based my choice on how good the car looks and I just love how the evo's body pops out of the wheel wells and its overall looks over the STI was the deciding factor for me.

How will the STI be less spendy then the evo?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats ,
whatever makes you happy
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by el producto
Never got to drive the STI either but besides performance I based my choice on how good the car looks and I just love how the evo's body pops out of the wheel wells and its overall looks over the STI was the deciding factor for me.

How will the STI be less spendy then the evo?

Well I leased the car and when you lease they base it on what the residual of the cars valu is and the Sti has alot better residual then the Evo which means the bank feels the Sti will be worth more at the end of the term then an Evo which makes for alot cheaper monthly payment.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
congrats ,
whatever makes you happy

Thank you
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Sometimes when you move from your old car to a new car, you will feel that the new car is better, but after a while you go back to the car that you own before it feels different again... i drove my buddy's stock 03 M3 and it felt faster, but in reality it's about the same acceleration wise....
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fugiwara
Sometimes when you move from your old car to a new car, you will feel that the new car is better, but after a while you go back to the car that you own before it feels different again... i drove my buddy's stock 03 M3 and it felt faster, but in reality it's about the same acceleration wise....

Your right The Evo and Sti are about the same, I think the Sti just feels faster because of all it low and mid range torque, it just sits you in the seat, I mean it pulls really hard. I love it
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Well I leased the car and when you lease they base it on what the residual of the cars valu is and the Sti has alot better residual then the Evo which means the bank feels the Sti will be worth more at the end of the term then an Evo which makes for alot cheaper monthly payment.
Thought I heard The 05 Evo had the highest residual value of any car on the market?
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

So how long is the lease? How much are the payments? If you dont mind me asking.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

your $, your decision
congrats on your purchase
both are great cars and they both will make ricers drool any day...
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HiRevnVIII
Thought I heard The 05 Evo had the highest residual value of any car on the market?

I thought it would be higher too but it turns out Subaru has a better residual on theyre cars. I looked it up on the net and its true. check this out. Click on the residual value tool icon and pic the evo and sti.

http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story....al&aff=latimes
Old Jan 3, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 3vo2005
So how long is the lease? How much are the payments? If you dont mind me asking.

Lease is 65 months and my payments are 399 a month thats with 1,000 down. My sti was priced at 37k because it had every extra option available but my ending cost out the door was 29,800.00. Not bad huh and my insurance went down 50 bucks a month. The evo would have put it up 5 bucks a month.

Quick Reply: Owned 2 Evo's before, just purchased new 05 Sti. My impressions.