Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sacramento crackdown has started... video

Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sacramento crackdown has started... video

Well here it is...

Anyone with free bandwidth please mirror, mine will run out quick.

http://picklestudios.com/media/sacraid.mpg

Last edited by Sackett; Aug 19, 2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

that stupid street racers.. i saw Evo in video with Carbon fiber trunk...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

every single one of those people who participated should be slapped way to fuel their fire for the new bill they just put in place. and an evo all over that camera great. 25 people cited for illegal mods, man im not looking forward to moving to san diego.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:51 PM

5 million dollar grant to crack down on street racing.... Just think if they used the cash to set up more "race legal" tracks. Who are the donkeys running this State...
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

They are doing it here in SoCal in the Valley also. Street racing effects everybody because they end up cracking down on cars that have mods even if that person isnt street racing.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

that is in sacramento, far from san diego where i am now. from what i've heard from the other socal evo guys is that it isn't that bad, yet. it's almost inevitable for them to extend the city ordinance into a statewide jurisdiction if this is successful, and so far it is unfortunately. there are two remedies to this: either stop streetracing altogether or petition.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolving Member

actually the word is that this sacramento crackdown is based on a program san diego has already had running to fight street racing....

maybe everyone here hasn't seen this stuff lately. there are like three threads about it on NorCalEvo with all the info...

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=4

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
that is in sacramento, far from san diego where i am now. from what i've heard from the other socal evo guys is that it isn't that bad, yet. it's almost inevitable for them to extend the city ordinance into a statewide jurisdiction if this is successful, and so far it is unfortunately. there are two remedies to this: either stop streetracing altogether or petition.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:06 PM

Well whatever. I'm young and I don't street race. Even if I had an Evo I won't street race. My friend died doing it. And most of the people I know who street race are so dumb I would not want to be put in their catagory, not saying that all street racers are bad. I believe in the Track. That's skills anyways. I just hope that we'll always be able to mod cars and still keep 'em street legal. I don't wanna have to trailer my Evo. And that's ok too, to have to trailer it. But think about it. If modding cars for street use becomes illegal, then there won't be as large a market for performance parts because most people don't have trailers to take their cars to the track. I guess they make a lot of parts that aren't CARB legal anyways. Can't wait to buy an evo, just need to earn enough money to finance the thing.

Oh and BTW I run a video production company and I have a server that I can host this video on. I'll put the link up in a few minutes.

Last edited by secretpickle; Aug 18, 2005 at 11:10 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

hahah ahhh yes, and they took it up a notch. more revenue for the city to fund law enforcement. that is also one of the reasons why we have some race legal programs which are supervised by authorities. like i said, this shouldn't be a problem for anyone as long as you don't streetrace. take it to the track or at least to somewhere deserted.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Think again. go read the other posts.

Cars are being stopped for having lots of stickers, big wings, or modified exhaust, then searched under the hood for illegal mods. they no longer need to catch you doing something illegal to search your car. they now consider lots of racing stickers probable cause to make you pop your hood. cops are also going to training to be able to tell what modified parts are and how to find them.

Originally Posted by SlyEvo
hahah ahhh yes, and they took it up a notch. more revenue for the city to fund law enforcement. that is also one of the reasons why we have some race legal programs which are supervised by authorities. like i said, this shouldn't be a problem for anyone as long as you don't streetrace. take it to the track or at least to somewhere deserted.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:19 PM

is a loud exaust by itself probable cause even when you're not going past the speed limit? Because isn't having a really muffled exaust dampening on performance? I mean if you drive an EVO RS you could have 500+ HP under the hood and the cop wouldn't know except for maybe the exaust. Well, if you didn't put any stickers on your car that is.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

I wish that the po-po would spend their mony on something I think is alot more productive, like better programs to track sex offenders. I dont know what the stats are but I know that once those sick b*satrds come out of jail, they are more thatn likely to become a repeat offender. Thats what the cops should concern themselves with, the ones who we know are going to keep on commiting crimes.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sackett
Think again. go read the other posts.

Cars are being stopped for having lots of stickers, big wings, or modified exhaust, then searched under the hood for illegal mods. they no longer need to catch you doing something illegal to search your car. they now consider lots of racing stickers probable cause to make you pop your hood. cops are also going to training to be able to tell what modified parts are and how to find them.
sure i see where you are going with this. however i do not see the searches as a major problem because i do not intend to modify my car, the IX when it arrives, at lesat for a while (after warranty expires lol). the best thing you can do is just not to do anything dumb to attract attention, don't put all those stickers on, or drive sporadically, exhibition of speed etc... i know it's hard but you have to pay to play. install subtle mods (quieter exhausts, painted intercooler etc.) which makes your car look more "sleeper" or if you can bear it, remove the wing. im sure if you refrain from modding and drive maturely enough it will reduce your chances of encounter with the 5-0. gl to you and the rest of our brethren up there. i say we should go fight this bill.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:35 PM

who's a 5-0...does that mean police? Where does the term come from?

And here's a mirror to the link to the video above.. Sackett might wanna put this up there in the first post or exchange it completely.

http://picklestudios.com/media/sacraid.mpg
Old Aug 18, 2005, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah...we with loud exhaust are evil... =_=...give me a break...

The only problem i have with this whole thing is that they use the dumbest excuse to get under our hoods. OUR cars are private property and the state should have to get a warrant to investigate just like anything else. Probable cause is the BS of this nation cus ANYTHING GOES. So EF that ****... This legislation blows.... Someone seriously get that petition going...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sacramento crackdown has started... video