Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

Remote map selector install -- I'm lost

Old Aug 18, 2005, 06:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Remote map selector install -- I'm lost

I just got a remote map selector switch and it seems more complicated to install than I was expecting. It has a red wire in pin 7 (spare solenoid), a black wire from pin 1 (injector ground), and then the switch seems to use pins 4, 5, 6, 11 and 12! And then there is a 2 inch long wire with two flat connectors.

From a google search I see that some of this is to enable launch control, but I'm not sure what to do with all these wires and there are no directions. Someone please help. I thought I'd just be able to plug this thing in and switch maps without dropping the glove box. Can I just ignore all of these extra wires and plug it in if I'm not using launch control or the spare solenoid output, or is there more to this?
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just plug it in, the black and red wire are for a spare solenoid, just set it aside.. and the other wire (launch control) from the switch isn't used, that is for the brake pedal switch hookup, but the EVO ECU has that feature passed to the UTEC, so its not necessary, you can coil that up and hide it somewhere.. Like I said, don't worry about the launch control wiring, the UTEC for the EVO can already do that without connecting it.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 08:22 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Thanks!
Old Aug 19, 2005, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MalibuJack
Just plug it in, the black and red wire are for a spare solenoid, just set it aside.. and the other wire (launch control) from the switch isn't used, that is for the brake pedal switch hookup, but the EVO ECU has that feature passed to the UTEC, so its not necessary, you can coil that up and hide it somewhere.. Like I said, don't worry about the launch control wiring, the UTEC for the EVO can already do that without connecting it.
sweet. you rock.