Notices
Evo Vendor 'Group Buy / Specials' Classifieds This forum is for any specials or group buys that vendors may have. If you're looking for the best price, this is the place to check. Please keep in mind that these items are not guaranteed to be in-stock.

NEW!!!!! GT Spec Evolution Header!!!! Dyno Proven!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2005, 03:40 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEW!!!!! GT Spec Evolution Header!!!! Dyno Proven!!!!!

A couple months ago I got a box from GT Spec. It was a prototype header that they wanted us to beat up make sure it wouldn't crack and throw it on a dyno and see if it made power.

When I pulled it out of the box I was amazed by the quality. It was so polished it hurt my eyes to look at it when the warehouse lights were glaring off of it. Then I started trying examining it closely(with some sunglasses on ). The welds are perfect all robot tig welded and even the internal welds are perfect. The flanges were nice and thick. The quality of this header is second to none.

NEW INFO: The header has a 45mm tubing with 2mm thickness and is made from 304SUS!!

I have been runing this header on my car for about 2-3 months. I have tracked the car and pushed it as hard as posible and there is not one sign of a crack. This thing is built. They are giving a 1 year warrenty against craftmanship. But I think it will last forever.

So we took our car down to the local dyno. Turned the UTEC off and did a Dyno pull. The car just had a turboback it put down 269.9@6400 WHP/ 261.2@4200TRQ . Then we went to work swapping the header onto the car. Did that put the car back on the dyno and it made 279.3@6600 WHP / 268.0@3800 TRQ

That is 9.4 HP and 6.8 ft/lbs of TRQ with NO tuning!!!!! Not bad.

Here are the pics

Alot of other headers out on the market do not give any numbers. I think if a company is going to release a product like this they should have something showing that it is better then the stock part.

We have a bunch of these on the way and we will be offering a Group Buy on them.

MSRP is going to be 599.00 and we will normally sell them for 539.10

But for the group buy here is how pricing is going to go

1-9 509.15 Shipped
10-19 479.20 Shipped
20+ 449.25 Shipped

We will be making a list until about a week before they arrive.

It will be the earlier you call and secure your order(by putting a card on file or sending paypal) It will be first come first serve. So if you put your name on the list first but don't put a card on file until the day we get them you will be last on the list.

If you call and put a card on file we WILL NOT charge your card until the item is in house and ready to be shipped.

These will be here near the end of september so we have a month to get this list full!!!!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

Ben

Last edited by RallySport Direct; Aug 18, 2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 03:43 PM
Silver Sponsor

Reserved for the LIST
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
500.00 what in world, does it come with the engine attached. way to costly.

sorry ,
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:05 PM

How long to receive?

How long to receive it and how much for shipping to Minnesota? Do they make an 02 housing also?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What is the thickness of the tubing, and what type of stainless is it composed of?

Its expensive, but you guys have to understand that its not some inexpensive knockoff header from Ebay.. the JIC Magic header is $600 or more.. the DNP isn't cheap either.. You do get what you pay for.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Does this fit under the heat shield?
Old Aug 17, 2005, 04:59 PM
Silver Sponsor

mksevo - I am sorry you feel that way. From what I have seen on the market these Ebay headers are not making power. I have had some companies test headers of the same design and lose power on a dyno. A am sure the higher price is to pay for the quality you are getting and the R and D to make sure the peice is perfect and actually makes power

Xs2000 - We are supposed to have them at our door around the 25th of september. We are located in SLC UT so shipping takes: 2 days to CA and 5 days to the east cost. There are no O2 housings currently available from GT Spec. If you want one I can get you a helix one.

MalibuJack - Thanks for your support. I asked the same questions the day I got the header. They said that they did not want to give out the info because they were not sure that is what was going to be in the final production model.
I asked again today and am awaiting a reply. I will post in here and shoot you a PM once i get the info

nutrulz - I have not tried to fit the heatshield over it. I wil do that tonight. The only problem is that there is no place to bolt the heat shield onto it. You would have to make some custom brackets.

Also I am currently pricing out coatings for the headers. It will take a extra week or 2 after I get them to coat them. As soon as I get pricing I will post this option.

Keep the questions coming.

Ben
Old Aug 17, 2005, 05:11 PM
Silver Sponsor

Updated pics with the actual production model pics. Also I will get the Dyno sheet posted on monday so you can see the curves.

Ben
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Ben
this is an open market, but please. any header that has larger openings than the stock header will make more power. this is not a NA car , so we know for a fact the exhaust pressure is directly related to the HP. not to mention better exhaust flow means faster spool. now you are right there maybe be better headers that make more power but your only talking about 4 cyl. half the R&D of a V8. i can tell you for a fact i made 15 plus HP with just the header i installed. you may use better steel and this could cost more but 500.00 is way over the top. most V8 headers are lot more material and cost 500.00. just my 2 cents.

you can charge what the market will bare.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
good number for no tuning..
Old Aug 17, 2005, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

mksevo,
If you are not interested in the product then keep the comments to yourself. Better material + more labor = higher price, the quality and tig welds on this header is topnotch.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

looks nice
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ty1243
mksevo,
If you are not interested in the product then keep the comments to yourself. Better material + more labor = higher price, the quality and tig welds on this header is topnotch.

Ty1234
this is a forum, its for comments. if you dont like what is discussed then dont read.

Kmccon9

i was impressed as well. the whole setup header, turbo outlet, hiflow cat netted 35 hp and 30 across the board on the Dyno. no tuning , just bolt on and run. I would say my spools seems a tad slower but does come in earlier. I will hopefully get a good tuning session this weekend. seems to hold boost better as well.
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

looks alot better than the "other" tubulars on the market. it definitaly looks like it has a better design, however, the price is like whoah....but it makes me take a better look at the design. why did they go this way instead of the equal length like everyone else??hmmmm maybe they found a secret....
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

biggittteee bizzump for great vendor!!

Quick Reply: NEW!!!!! GT Spec Evolution Header!!!! Dyno Proven!!!!!