Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

MPS_UTEClogger 2.3

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MPS_UTEClogger 2.3

I have been in contact with Jason (the designer of this program), and he has finally done it!!!!

This new logger, that was previously only available for subie owners, is now compatable with evo owners. Check out the site:

http://mpsav.com/MPSUTECLogger/MPS_U...r_Download.htm

He said that he is currently trying to get an account activated to share his knowledge on this, so be patient on answers to questions. I am going to e-mail him this thread so he can know where this has been posted. Can't wait to give this a go.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great news!!! I will give it a try!
Jason is fast!!!
Old Aug 4, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

I helped with some logs =)

Last edited by Widebandphillip; Aug 4, 2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old Aug 4, 2005, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

What I want to know is is you use the UEGO wideband w/gauge, will this program still work?
Old Aug 4, 2005, 06:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah it lets you use different wideband products with the UTEC.. you need two serial ports, or however your wideband hooks up to the PC to get logging..
Old Aug 5, 2005, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

hrm, interesting, glad i saw this before i installed. I've had the innovate standalone gauge chillin for a while, just recieved my utec yesterday, with tuna, simply for wideband, since i couldn't load the other data ( can't load anything, nothings installed )

But i guess i'll install the innovate and just the utec right now, run this, see how it works.

subscribed for updates.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

So far i dont like the program.

On the gauge setting the only gauges that work are the TPS, and rpm. Everything else is fubared. Somehow all of my timing is in the negative and its never right. The only thing that works is the logmapping. So far this thing sucks.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 09:39 AM

Hey guys, my account is finally active, and I'm glad to see you are all interested in the program. Since I don't own an Evo, I am relying on all your feedback to make sure that everything is working good with the new Evo feature. If any of you have problems, please email me about them. The best place to send email is located in the Help menu of the program, which is UTECLogger@mpsav.com . Please feel free to report any bugs, or suggestions for improvements.

What I want to know is is you use the UEGO wideband w/gauge, will this program still work?
Yes it will. The program is compatible with the LM-1, LC-1, AEM, and Tuner wideband products. The TechEdge2.0 will be added soon to the list as well. The Tuner suppprt is still in beta, as there were connection problems in the last version that I'm not sure are resoved yet. Also, the program DOES NOT support "Linking" of any kind, meaning the Tuner has to be on a seperate Com port than the UTEC, they can't be linked. This might seem like a pain, but the goal is to able to add different ECU's and WB and let them all work with each other. This is true of the LC-1 product as well, only 1 LC-1 can be connected at a time, even though the LC-1 technically supports multiple Innovate products linked together.

-jason
Old Aug 5, 2005, 09:50 AM

So far i dont like the program...The only thing that works is the logmapping. So far this thing sucks.
Well thanks for positive attitude toward me trying to help. Maybe you would rather drive your Evo All the way to the Bay Area, CA and let me debug the program on your car in person, so that when you leave everything works great!

You need to remember that this works on WRX's and STi's just fine, and that I DON'T OWN A EVO to debug on. If you don't like that not everything works, why didn't you record a log using the program and send it to the feedback email. Why don't you describe a little better what the actual problems are? I'm all for fixing the errors/bugs/glitches when they arrise, but "this program sucks!" sure doesn't help me fix anything. If anything, it makes we want to say "well go back to the program that you were using before to do all this..." oh yeah, there isn't one! Be nice or shut the h**l up.

Now, if ANYONE ELSE is having the same problems, I would be happy to look at the logs its producing and try to fix any errors that are happening.

-jason
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Are you going to make it complatable with PLX Widebands? I have the R-500. That already has digital dashboard gauges but if I can run just one program rather then two it would be great.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:18 AM

Are you going to make it complatable with PLX Widebands? I have the R-500.
Possibly down the road. Actually I've never heard of PLX Widebands... like I mentioned earlier, the TechEdge is already in development, and the Zeitronix was going to be next on my list just because of the popularity of the Zeitronix unit.

How popular are the PLX units? If there are enough people using them, and the information for serial protocol is available, I can look into it. It probably wouldn't happen REAL soon, but can be added to my ever-growing list of To-Do's.

-jason
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:23 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I can send you a few logs if you need them.. all have the AFR appended to the end of the file just like the UTEC/Tuner in series would do..

I would like to suggest that you possibly can use that last column for AFR if its there instead of requiring the Tuner to be on another serial port.. But thats just me..
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jmussetter
Well thanks for positive attitude toward me trying to help. Maybe you would rather drive your Evo All the way to the Bay Area, CA and let me debug the program on your car in person, so that when you leave everything works great!

You need to remember that this works on WRX's and STi's just fine, and that I DON'T OWN A EVO to debug on. If you don't like that not everything works, why didn't you record a log using the program and send it to the feedback email. Why don't you describe a little better what the actual problems are? I'm all for fixing the errors/bugs/glitches when they arrise, but "this program sucks!" sure doesn't help me fix anything. If anything, it makes we want to say "well go back to the program that you were using before to do all this..." oh yeah, there isn't one! Be nice or shut the h**l up.

Now, if ANYONE ELSE is having the same problems, I would be happy to look at the logs its producing and try to fix any errors that are happening.

-jason

Sorry didn't really mean to come off like that. Here is what happened. I tried to log a run and somehow it didn't save it or either im an idiot and cant find the file. I'll go back to the car in a little bit and try and get a saved log. On the view gauges menu when the "screen" pops up it doesn't seem to read in real time, but if I look at the real time line everything is correct. Not that I need another dashboard, but its a quick reference while driving.

One more thing, can I save the file as a .txt file and then still use it as a log mapper for future reference?
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Alright heres the deal. First off the log mapper or map logger whatever you want to call it is great. But the thing is once you close out the log file this option is no longer available. This would be an awsome tool to go back and forth between tps, maf, afr, etc. But in the timing log everything is logged up in negative values, but in the main log it's in positive??? This has me just a little confused.
Old Aug 5, 2005, 03:48 PM

First off the log mapper or map logger whatever you want to call it is great. But the thing is once you close out the log file this option is no longer available. This would be an awsome tool to go back and forth between tps, maf, afr, etc. But in the timing log everything is logged up in negative values, but in the main log it's in positive???
OK, I know there is limited documentation avail. on what to do, and how it all works, so I'll give a VERY brief rundown of things to check first...

1. Make sure "Evo8 UTEC" is selected under "ECU Type".

2. Make sure you have the correct type of WB02 selected under "WB02 Type"

3. Make sure the car is on and UTEC and WB are powered up

4. Click the Connect button and you should see data in the "realtime UTEC log" window

5. At this point if you want to SAVE A LOG from to your harddrive, then at the bottom of the window, click "browse" to give the files a name, and click OK. NOTE: It is NOT saving any data at this point...you must click on "Open Log". All data will be saved to the file now. When you want to stop saving the data to the hard-drive, click on "Close Log", and the recording will stop. You must change filename to save-as before opening another log, or it will overwrite the current log with the same filename.

6. Before turning the car off, close the current log and "disconnect" from the units.

This should get you to the point of being able to record a log and send it to me so I can see first hand what kind of data mangling might be happening...

gook luck, and I'll wait to see some logs...

BTW, has anyone else tried the program yet, and is it doing the same thing to you? Just curious...

-jason

Quick Reply: MPS_UTEClogger 2.3